1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it necessary to hire a SEO company?

Discussion in 'Google' started by newest_greenest_hand, May 6, 2009.

1. blackcamaro

blackcamaro Peon

Best Answers:
    I work for an seo company and I got to say that we can crank up the search rankings for big companies... Yes, you can and should do it yourself, but normal CEOs and business owners don't really have time or patience or understanding to do that stuff.. SEO can be difficult and not very fun... SEO firms just pick up the slack where companies need help

blackcamaro, May 7, 2009 IP
  2. 0500559543

0500559543 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i think you should learn SEO first, its not that hard, this forum is perfect place for it :)

0500559543, May 7, 2009 IP
  3. JohnUK

JohnUK Peon

Best Answers:
    Mate learn and do it yourself. SEO takes time to get good results even if you use a company. Its not rocket science and worth learning the basics anyway.

You can spend your $3k on an advertising campaign either from related sites or using adwords and get immediate results that are guaranteed.

If you go down the seo employment rank make sure you make the pay performance related e.g. nothing out the top 10, double for 1st otherwise they may take advantage.

Hope this helps

JohnUK, May 7, 2009 IP
  4. Nystul

Nystul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    dont bother with those, just read and do the stuffs yourself.

Nystul, May 7, 2009 IP
  5. vishenda

vishenda Peon

Best Answers:
    The reason why you need to do it on your own is for you to be able to understand not only the concept of online business but where you are in the competition.

SEO is an ongoing process, if you allow other people to do the work, your own known tactics may be outdated and you need to keep up all the time.

vishenda, May 7, 2009 IP
  6. mash240

mash240 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why pay someone to do it? All the info you need is free. You just need a bit of time.
    Only pay for SEO if you have no time and LOTS of money :p

mash240, May 8, 2009 IP
  7. SEO_WatchDog

SEO_WatchDog Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest buying links with the money are have for an seo. Just consult an seo regarding tips and where and what kind of anchors you should use...

SEO_WatchDog, May 8, 2009 IP
  8. itsmeewan

itsmeewan Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, it seems to me that you are saying you have already carry out a certain amount of SEO yourself but still do not have the desired results.
    So in answer to your question, 'is it worth hiring an SEO company?' Yes it is because they can do the work you cannot do.
    It is good to have some knowledge of SEO because that way you know what you are paying for, you will know if the company are saying the correct things or if they are simply Cowboys! (people who take money and do a bad job).
    If you would like some help with your SEO I'm willing to help on a non-contract relationship meaning you pay each month and if you are unhappy with the results I get you, you don't have to pay me the next month.
    Just PM

itsmeewan, May 8, 2009 IP
  9. manofwar

manofwar Active Member

Best Answers:
    500/mo is fairly cheap in the "SEO" world, some firms are asking $2,500+, and I'm not too sure what they can "really" do for 500/mo. To be honest with you, if you hire a good firm, you'll save time and likely money (as they can get better link deals with past partners). If you don't, you can learn it on your own and do just as well - so long as time and money is not a real issue.

I've had experiences both ways, and I can tell you I didn't like SEO firms because I lost the essential control I needed over the ranking process; however, many individuals find SEO firms extremely helpful and supportive of their business model.

manofwar, May 8, 2009 IP
  10. justinlorder

justinlorder Peon

Best Answers:
    It is up to your budget of the seo program .
    Also seo service quality is a facts we must consider .

justinlorder, May 9, 2009 IP
    fancymouj likes this.
  11. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    A lot of very funny replies, I would like to see some of the sites all these DIY'ers are ranking for because I don't see many good ones in the signatures :)

jg123, May 9, 2009 IP
  12. metros

metros Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Don't trust signatures, They wont say much :p

metros, May 9, 2009 IP
  13. lightlysalted

lightlysalted Active Member

Best Answers:
    Personally I would never use an SEO company. That is not to say that they don't always help, but unless you have serious money to spend then it's not worth the hassle and you are wasting your financial resources. Just spend time browsing on the DP under the following topics; Meta Tags, (Keyword & site description), Google webmaster Tools, On page and Off page SEO (search enginee optimisation), and building backlinks. This will tell you everything you need to know

lightlysalted, May 10, 2009 IP