1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Best way to rise to the top

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Las Vegas DUI Lawyer, May 8, 2009.

Everyone is looking for a secret magical john f kennedy bullet that jumps from stomach to head and shoulder all in one bullet. Sorry to say, there was no magic bullet then, and there is no magic bullet now.

Can you be successful shortly? Yes. But what do you consider shortly? Or, better yet, what do i consider shortly? I consider shortly 6 months to a year. What do i consider successful? What do you consider successful? I consider successful - be patient here - if you can make $1 / day you're successful. :eek:

Am i low balling success? No. What could you do with $1 / day? Pay off your hosting and have money left over. So that's $30 / month minus $4 hosting leaves $26 a month net revenue. Could you do that? I bet a lot of you think you could. Ok, now do that, 100 times. 100 is a magical number. That's $2600 a month net profit. I guarantee if you can make $1/day and then start repeating that, by the time you got to 50 that first website would be making ... maybe $4/day?

OR

Content

Content trumps everything else. If you write content that could come out of a text book, there's no stopping you. Then your only problem is policing the net to make sure people don't copy YOU. With excellent content you can then borrow and quote from it, as if it were the bible of the niche.

Imagine:

- you could start a niche blog, and in that blog quote and point to your website.
    - you could write article after article quoting your website as if it were the bible of the niche
    - you could go to .edu and .gov sites and quote your website as if it were the best source, then the .edu and .gov would gladly point to your site and that becomes viral all by itself

Content is key. With excellent content you could be the authority in your niche. Literally you could come up with the best content of your niche in one week. Imagine 10 niches in 10 weeks. A website build told me to only concentrate on one good site, but if i can make one i can make 10, if i can make 10 i can make 100. Yes make one good site, write down how you did it and repeat it 100 times.

Content will make you the authority in your field, why bother with bad content when the content can work for you. Put the time in, and the rest will be viral anyway.

With perfect content you can then make contracts for people to get on your website. You could provide services to businesses in your local area or even nationally, depending on your niche. I was discussing with that same website designer, who felt sorry for me since he knew i could never afford him, he designs for whole baseball teams and celebrities :cool: and he was throwing around "charge $1,000 for this and then do this for $750 and charge and extra $400 for this". Everything he said was completely true and plausible.

I hope this information was of use to you. If you disagree please add your comment or whatever advice you can think of.

Las Vegas DUI Lawyer, May 8, 2009 IP
    Michael T. likes this.
  2. manzoD15

manzoD15 Guest

Best Answers:
    Very informative. Very nicely described. Its really indeed very helpful.

manzoD15, May 8, 2009 IP
  3. Michael T.

Michael T. Active Member

Best Answers:
    You got a greenie from me.:)

That is the right mindset...I completely agree with you.

Michael T., May 8, 2009 IP
  4. riezioVL

riezioVL Guest

Best Answers:
    Whatta nice tips. Thanks for it. Very informative.

riezioVL, May 8, 2009 IP
  5. richkid

richkid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice tips for starting out! :D thanks.

richkid, May 8, 2009 IP
  6. gino

gino Member

Best Answers:
    Content is king Period!

gino, May 8, 2009 IP
  7. Gavenecko

Gavenecko Member

Best Answers:
    The way you worded things was a bit hard for me to understand because of lack of grammar, BUT I get what you are trying to say. I like it, it makes sense, and it is very inspirational to keep me going with the sites I currently have, and plan to have.

My only question is, Does it REALLY work? I mean, it seems so unbelievable that people can earn thousands per month after just a year or 3. Then theres people that earn 10k-40k per month after 5 or 6 years. Thats so much money in so little time. You can't even get that with a degree, usually. O_O

Gavenecko, May 8, 2009 IP
  8. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You would have to write very high quality and authoritative content to do this....very few folks can do that themselves and if you need to pay someone to do it for you it would cost thousands (if not 10's of thousands) so it all sounds great but so does a perfect world without poverty and war.

jg123, May 8, 2009 IP
  9. Las Vegas DUI Lawyer

Las Vegas DUI Lawyer Peon

Best Answers:
    Well in my first example:

You're only making $1 / day. that's one single dollar made every day. or 30 dollars a month [same thing]

So if you only make $1 / day, I say you're successful. Learn what you did to make that one dollar. Then make 100 websites do the same thing: make $1 / day. Minus your expenses, that's about $2600 a month.

I then said, by the time you are trying to make 100 websites, around the 50th website your first website should be making more than $1 / day. Maybe it makes $4 / day. If you had just 10 websites making $4 / day that's $40 / day you're making. It then becomes clear that multiplication is king for a low funded marketer.

[ I made a huge reponse to this, but I think, I should save these instructions for an Ebook. ] ;)

10. Las Vegas DUI Lawyer

Best Answers:
    Yes indeed. I have a liberal arts degree. I have a political science degree and nearly a law degree. For me writing high quality is ... easy.

You can teach yourself everything there is to know about a subject, that's not science, in a week.

In fact, as we speak i'm learning conversational japanese, chinese writing, and stock trading. [ I get bored with my websites easily ] But for my blog, I literally spend 2 days and write an a blog that has the "intellectuals" seething and wanting to pounce on me, which i swat them away like flies.

I've yet to make a website on any of the topics i write about, but I guarantee you I could be the authority in it, within a couple of months. Already on my law website, lawyers contact me.

11. Gavenecko

Gavenecko Member

Best Answers:
    Its pretty easy for me to write in an honest authoritative tone on a variety of subjects. My girlfriend and I work together as a team, and she is just as brilliant in her niche areas as I am in mine.

Thanks for this! I appreciate it, once again.

One question, If I were to have say, 20 blogs (lets aim low for now) how many posts should each have per day/in all to maintain a good profit? Also, is amazon associates any good?

Gavenecko, May 8, 2009 IP
  12. dglas

dglas Peon

Best Answers:
    good way is to seek out a partner where both can work together and help each other :)

dglas, May 8, 2009 IP
  13. Las Vegas DUI Lawyer

Best Answers:
    That all depends on your niche. Your updates are directly tied to your niche. Let me give a few examples:

- A gossip blog might only need one update per day.
    - A news blog needs constant around the clock updates.
    - A stock trading blog might not only need an update once a month or even once per quarter, with a few updates thrown in as interesting news about a new stock or company might come up.
    - an instructional blog might not only need updating once a week, once a day, or create a monthly lesson plan.

So if you had a blog you only needed to update once a week you could easily spread that out over many blogs, whereas a blog you need to update once a date or even multiple times a day is a pain in the ....

The daily update or the multiple update per day should only be done if you have one single blog.

Remember not everything online is a blog though. You can have a website that you update weekly, or even if you have a store you can automate updates hourly. With a website, you lower the expectation of timely updates to your viewers.

for instance:

- blog: political - needs constant round the clock updates
    - website: political - can be themed around a subject i.e. libertarian movements in politics, and only need updating once in awhile when news comes up. The news portion of the website would then be the only thing you update. The other 20 pages would remain constant or updated occassionally and provide interesting articles to read. :cool:

Las Vegas DUI Lawyer, May 9, 2009 IP
  14. Las Vegas DUI Lawyer

Best Answers:
    By the way on my lawyer website, i have an article page. I'm so lazy, i just update that thing when i feel like it. I have feeds to DUI articles rolling in to my email hourly, but I only occasionally put an article on my page.

If you have a website, you could have a news section with a snippet of the latest news and point to your news page. That way you get traffic to two pages nearly guaranteed. For a website you don't want high bounce rate. If you're building authority you want people to marinate on your pages and click links that create a new tab. This makes it as if they never leave your page and you rise in rank / page rank like that.

Hmmm i should follow my own advice. *sigh* I'm so lazy though. This is not the game for lazy people LOL.

Las Vegas DUI Lawyer, May 9, 2009 IP
  15. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Of course a smart lawyer would realize that paid marketing will drive a much more qualified lead.

People who search the organic SERPs are often looking for "Free" information. So to an attorney a realtor or stock broker these type of people provide inferior leads and often see a dismal 1% conversion ratio,

Those who search the paid ads are looking to hire / buy. The leads are often qualified and typical conversion rates are 10% to 25%

But overall you are right... even if your $1.00 per day earnings is useless for most people.

Sem-Advance, May 9, 2009 IP
  16. waxman1000

waxman1000 Peon

Best Answers:
    Just another fact to reinforce the simple fact that content is king!

waxman1000, May 9, 2009 IP
  17. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Proper advertising is the Ace

There are a ton of sites with no content making $10,000.00s

:D

Sem-Advance, May 9, 2009 IP
  18. jasonxav

jasonxav Peon

Best Answers:
    Content is indeed key. How you position yourself in the search engines is likewise as important. You need consistent and quality traffic to achieve that.

jasonxav, May 9, 2009 IP
  19. chol_man

chol_man Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for very informative post.

chol_man, May 9, 2009 IP
  20. alelways

alelways Peon

Best Answers:
    Content is king...But bear in mind that you should do it consistently..I've tested my site which has good contents and the traffic was quite good. But then I intentionally let the site outdated without any new articles for 2 months..Then walla! Less traffic especially the repeated visitors.
    They'll be boring if no new content.. If you have a lot of contents, don't publish them all at one time..1 or 2 articles per day should be fine...Publish 20 articles per day is not worth the traffic as you will lack of articles for the coming 10-20 days..

Just my 2 cents ;)

alelways, May 9, 2009 IP