1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blogging and Making Money takes time in my opinion

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by mcdwgbiz, May 8, 2009.

I am fairly new at blooging, SEO and everything that involves the ultimate goal to make money online. I found this forum and it has a ton of knowledge that averyone can benefit from. I have learned a lot and one thing that is crystal clear to me is that everything takes time unless you have huge amounts of cash to invest in marketing or SEO expertise but if you're in this forum it's because you want to learn and because you are new to this field so whenever I see questions or general posts like "how can I get PR 4 in a short time" or "I created a blog a week ago why is it not indexed", or "I have 300 backlinks how come I am not on first page on Google", "I know great tips on how to make money blogging so read my blog, here's my URL" (blatant spam of course) in my uneducated opinion these are the classic exmaples of future failure just simply because they seem so desperate to get in the front or to make money and I think once they realized it takes time and a lot of effort and dedication they will simply give up.

I started my blog a couple of months ago and I have to say it is the little things that keep me motivated to contiue, first ckickbank sale, the first day I broke 100 visits, first comments on my blog, or when I discover some of my posts and articles are being used to populate other blogs linking back to me so it's a gradual process that I just need to build on. I'll be hones I am lazy I don't think I'm working on my efforts as much as I should but one thing I know is that my site will only get better over time and hopefully more rewards will come my way.

Just thoughts from a newbie

Ruben

mcdwgbiz, May 8, 2009 IP
    lifeplayer likes this.
  2. kush86

kush86 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well I must admit that you seem to be happy with blogging and know that its a long term investment. All I can say is keep at it, believe in yourself, and stay focus on your dream.

Its good to see new bloggers focused on doing great.

kush86, May 8, 2009 IP
  3. laeeqhumam

laeeqhumam Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes buddy, it takes.. it will take time. No matter what u do where u do, you have to sow the seed till it becomes a tree.
    Best of luck for a successful online business. :)
    -------------
    [​IMG]

laeeqhumam, May 10, 2009 IP
  4. levon91

levon91 Guest

Best Answers:
    Longest sentence ever

levon91, May 10, 2009 IP
  5. countolaf

countolaf Active Member

Best Answers:
    @levon91, kudos for noticing it first! :D

anyway if you can maintain it, then you're heading to the right way maybe... just being able to enjoy it a good thing

countolaf, May 10, 2009 IP
  6. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You are into the point. Blogging is long term process and it consume alot of time to get earn money. As people mentioned, no pay no gain. Use white hat and doing it step by step is the way to go further

lifeplayer, May 10, 2009 IP
    vigneshjothi likes this.
  7. CarolinaGirl

CarolinaGirl Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi mcdwgbiz,

You have a great attitude! One that will serve you well in this endeavor.

Making money by blogging is not an overnight thing, it's a journey with milestones along the way!

Congratulations for discovering that fact and I wish you well on your journey!

Tamara

CarolinaGirl, May 11, 2009 IP
  8. mcdwgbiz

mcdwgbiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wrong forum, Grammar forum is someplace else.

mcdwgbiz, May 11, 2009 IP
  9. mcdwgbiz

mcdwgbiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the replies. After a couple of months I have begun to see progress. I find out daily about other blogs using my articles and linking back to my site so I guess what I'm trying to say is that the beginning is where newbies should focus mainly on setting a solid foundation and depending on the efforts the results will beging to show when you least expect it.

mcdwgbiz, May 11, 2009 IP
  10. Gavenecko

Gavenecko Member

Best Answers:
    You have a lot of insight for someone who is new at this!

Gavenecko, May 11, 2009 IP
  11. Plato

Plato Active Member

Best Answers:
    One of my favorite parts about this field is anytime you have questions, or if you want to discuss ideas you have, you have forums like these to confer your results and compare with others for another perspective sometimes half way across the world who is going through the same ups and downs that you have or they have progressed to a point of being able to help you up the food chain of seo.

how's that for a run on sentence, lol

Plato, May 11, 2009 IP
  12. stodom888

stodom888 Peon

Best Answers:
    You are right that it takes time. So make time. I have had my blog sitting for 3 months and when I finally learned how I can make money out of my blog I started to get motivated.

stodom888, May 21, 2009 IP