1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Multiforum script

Discussion in 'Scripts' started by dlatua, May 4, 2009.

I was searching on Google for a multiforum script (smth like a visitor can creat an own forum ex. name.domain.com name1,domain.com etc) and I found a mod for phpbb 3
    http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=1451195

Has anyone tried this?

Is there any other alternative? :rolleyes:

Thank you

dlatua, May 4, 2009 IP
  2. Squire7

Squire7 Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you had a look at cyberaliens script phpbbhs I have used this in the past and found it to be the best one going at the time.

Squire7, May 4, 2009 IP
  3. thejojy

thejojy Member

Best Answers:
    I saw a similar mod on VBulletin plugins, you should this also

thejojy, May 4, 2009 IP
  4. dlatua

dlatua Notable Member

Best Answers:
    In fack was looking for a free one :)

Thanks for replies

dlatua, May 5, 2009 IP
  5. BMR777

BMR777 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest that you take a look at my FREE MyBB Multiforums Mod for the MyBB forum software.

The mod supports username.domain.com style domain names, plus because it is based on the MyBB forum software users have much more control over their hosted forums than similar scripts for PHPBB and SMF. Users can fully edit their forum's theme (because MyBB's themes are stored in the database and not files like PHPBB's users can change the theme however they want without affecting other users), download database backups of their forum (only if you enable this, and a Premium Membership also gets you access to a mod that lets you charge for backups via PayPal), and more. In addition, since it is based on MyBB, to install mods / plugins for your users you simply have to upload the plugin files and the users can then activate the ones they want. With PHPBB multiforums scripts you have to manually edit the PHPBB files for each mod you want to install, but not with MyBB. :)

The script also has a Host Admin CP where you can manage hosted forums, set advertisements for hosted forums, control your site and more!

MyBB Multiforums Mod - Free Download

I hosted free forums for over 4 years at webringamerica.com before shutting down the site so when I coded this script I built it knowing what a good forum host needs in a multiforums script. :)

Brandon

BMR777, May 8, 2009 IP
    dlatua likes this.
  6. dlatua

dlatua Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I just tried mihalism multiforum but it creates only subdirectories and not subdomains ....
    Now I will try what you suggested me :)

Thanks and REP+++ by the way

dlatua, May 9, 2009 IP
  7. dlatua

dlatua Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I installed mybb multiforum successfully but...
    when a user create a new forum, there is no email with the activation code sent... Even if I activate the forum by admin panel, the forum doesn't work :(

What's the problem?

dlatua, May 9, 2009 IP