1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Removing AdSense from CHINA Visitors

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by guruwebmaster, May 7, 2009.

Guys my cpc last month has decreases 200%, i think i am receiving a lot of clicks from china, if i remove adsense from appering to these users will my cpc increase from users from US?

By example if today i make 0,02 from a user from us cpc, can i increase it to 0,10 from us users?

Or adsense dont work this way?

guruwebmaster, May 7, 2009 IP
  2. zac439

zac439 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I would say don't do it. A very large portion of my income comes from foreign traffic.

I think your only concern would be getting the Smart Pricing effect as you mentioned, but I myself have never seen this and I'm starting to wonder if it's a myth.

zac439, May 7, 2009 IP
  3. guruwebmaster

guruwebmaster Active Member

Best Answers:
    i have add a new website to my adsense account can it decrease my earnings too? what is this smart pricing effect?

guruwebmaster, May 7, 2009 IP
  4. zac439

zac439 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    1) - No.
    2) - Smart pricing is a myth that websites with visitors that don't convert well get paid less per click. I've never believed it to be fully true based on my own experiences and lack of evidence I've seen from others.

zac439, May 7, 2009 IP
  5. jkadin

jkadin Peon

Best Answers:
    Smart pricing is not a myth. It happened to me in january with my joke site I was making about 8.00 for about fifty clicks the same amount of clicks went down about 2.00. Then it did not effect my other sites. I took off the ads except for the link unit added adbrite started making good money with them, now I am slowly adding back on some pages the adsense and getting clicks that amount even better than before smart priced. So smart pricing to me is real.

jkadin, May 7, 2009 IP
  6. zac439

zac439 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This doesn't seem to indicate smart pricing in regards to how it is usually defined- as a reduction in payment due solely to a certain type of visitor not converting.

It would seem like your case saw a downturn in profits because of how the economy has been acting. If that is the case it isn't smart pricing, but rather reduced competition and less profits to share.

Even if your other websites didn't see a reduction, the economy only affected certain industries. While my computer networking niche still did exceedingly well, my programming niche took a large downturn in profits per click.

zac439, May 7, 2009 IP
  7. DPz

DPz Peon

Best Answers:
    Just keep working and try to get more traffic... CPC is up and down all the time
    Focus on quality traffic !

DPz, May 7, 2009 IP
  8. adsenser

adsenser Peon

Best Answers:
    Smart pricing is not a myth .. Read this (an official source)http://adsense.blogspot.com/2005/10/facts-about-smart-pricing.html

adsenser, May 7, 2009 IP
    zac439 likes this.
  9. zac439

zac439 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @adsenser - Great find! And this was posted in 2005, no less. I suppose I'll bookmark this and read up on it later once I'm back home. :)

zac439, May 7, 2009 IP
  10. nancy_18am

nancy_18am Peon

Best Answers:
    i donnot think
    i got alot visitors from egypt too but i never do some thing like that

nancy_18am, May 7, 2009 IP
  11. config_error

config_error Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    dont remove it..just promote your website more targeting U.S, U.K traffic..

config_error, May 7, 2009 IP