1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Twitter? What so special about it?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by _Lessy_, May 6, 2009.

All that buzz about Twitter recently - what is it really all about?

I see Twitter just as just another hosted blogging, social networking tool. Is it anyhow different from Blogspot or Livejournal blogs, or Facebook and MySpace? You just try to make as many people as possible to "follow" you, to read what you write and then make them go to your site or spread a word about your site.

Am I getting this right?

Or may be I miss something that makes Twitter really unique tool?

Would love to read comments from people who are actively using Twitter! Share your positive experience.

_Lessy_, May 6, 2009 IP
  2. metafever

metafever Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am just getting started on twitter, so I am also curious to see how this thread turns out.

I started on twitter around 3 weeks ago with keywords of PPC / SEO / IM / etc. . . I currently have almost 500 followers.

I am not sure if its a novelty or a real way to develop a following.

metafever, May 6, 2009 IP
  3. chirag432

chirag432 Peon

Best Answers:
    HI PLEASE GIVE ME SOME IDEA HOW TO MAKE POST IN http://twitter.com/ AND POPULAR IN THIS?

chirag432, May 6, 2009 IP
  4. lambda1

lambda1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    just make sure your profile is attractive and most of all you have lots of targetted followers.

lambda1, May 6, 2009 IP
  5. ploked

ploked Peon

Best Answers:
    for the newbies, i have lots of informative twitter articles to get you started. plenty of good info to read up on and implement into your twitter campaign, follow me on twitter or check out my sig for my site with the info :)

ploked, May 6, 2009 IP
  6. satya_love

satya_love Banned

Best Answers:
    I also have joined in there but couldn't find anything intresting :p

satya_love, May 6, 2009 IP
  7. BlogSEOExpert

BlogSEOExpert Peon

Best Answers:
    Twitter is a microblogging platform. You need to write your messages in 140 or less characters.

Yes, it is a social media platform. And like any other social media site, the objective of your presence on Twitter should be to provide valuable content to your followers.

If you regularly give out tweets with valuable information, naturally your follower base would grow. And then, you can start promoting some of your blogs by tweeting about them.

Twitter shouldn't be used just for promoting your blog / website, or you would soon lose your followers.

BlogSEOExpert, May 6, 2009 IP
    _Lessy_ likes this.
  8. chirag432

chirag432 Peon

Best Answers:
    hi friend
    give me some information about twitter and is also right that we can earn throw twitter?

chirag432, May 6, 2009 IP
  9. renlok

renlok Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use it very occasionally I think its pointless tbh, I just browse it occasionally to find interesting goings on in the interwebs.

renlok, May 6, 2009 IP
  10. basal952

basal952 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Still searching the power if twitter just like you do. Some of us maybe have more experiences in Twitter...

basal952, May 6, 2009 IP
  11. JackBox26

JackBox26 Peon

Best Answers:
    I do think that there is a niche for Twitter in the massive platform of social networking. I think that the appeal of Twitter is the fact that it is noninvasive unlike Facebook or MySpace. Twitter has provided me with real business relationships. Twitter is also a great place to learn about really cool stuff. There are a million different ways to use Twitter, but one good way is to run a search about a niche subject that you are interested in and find/meet other people that share the same interest. When they post ideas, or links you can go check them out. I typically follow links to their personal blogs and leave them comments there. It is all about building personal relationships.

The biggest difference between Twitter and Facebook for me is that I use Facebook to keep in touch with friends. I don't add people I don't know on my Facebook account, but I try to add new people that I don't know to my Twitter account.

JackBox26, May 6, 2009 IP
  12. mrandrei

mrandrei Peon

Best Answers:
    Twitter is a good venue to get frequent visitors and followers, which can boost your site traffic. You can also get quality link juice from posting in Twitter.

mrandrei, May 6, 2009 IP
  13. Komicwords

Komicwords Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    what unique about twitter is there plain design and easy to access,not so much link to grab with ,and another interesting tools is there popularity user,without getting paid any,it s like "hearing people sms"

Komicwords, May 6, 2009 IP
    _Lessy_ likes this.
  14. adamgookey

adamgookey Member

Best Answers:
    There are people with nearly 50K followers or even more. You can not only interact with that many people at one point but also get a message across to them like a link or something

adamgookey, May 6, 2009 IP
  15. _Lessy_

_Lessy_ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much! That was really valuable input.

You said about checking your niche - do you think Twitter is mostly for geeks?

_Lessy_, May 7, 2009 IP
  16. _Lessy_

_Lessy_ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are you sure? As far as I understand by default Twitter is using some tools to shorten your URL. Have you seen links from Twitter in your backlinks - through Yahoo or Google webmaster tools?

_Lessy_, May 7, 2009 IP
  17. jamesfoster

jamesfoster Peon

Best Answers:
    Twitter is highly ranked on Google and in Alexa. This famous social networking site holds lots of traffic in the internet.
    So users try to direct some traffic to their site and promote their business on Twitter.

jamesfoster, May 7, 2009 IP
  18. Grobbulus

Grobbulus Peon

Best Answers:
    Lots of business uses twitter to promote their services.

Grobbulus, May 7, 2009 IP
  19. santer

santer Peon

Best Answers:
    I am just getting started on twitter , so for me it is just experiment for now. Definetly ,you can make money on twitter too , but you need good amount of followers at first ,that read your posts.

santer, May 7, 2009 IP
  20. cchetanonline

cchetanonline Banned

Best Answers:
    Yeah, even me too not so exited abt twitter, but most of the popular people are using it so now i have to use it to be popular :D

cchetanonline, May 7, 2009 IP