1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Old Content Lost in a Sea of Blogs (Blogger)

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Stu--, May 5, 2009.

I'm using blogger, which is probably my first mistake, but please bear with me. I've spent so much time promoting my url moving it will be too much work.

So with this in mind, what can I do about the masses of great content I have hidden in my archives? Many people will never even look at this. How can I make it easier for them to see it? I use far too many tagwords to activate tags, and as far as I know blogger doesn't have categories. I've got a "Best of" blog in my sidebar, but it just doesn't seem enough.

Stu--, May 5, 2009 IP
  2. sadcox

sadcox Peon

Best Answers:
    You can go back and edit your posts and have them link to your other posts. That will get you traffic and PR to those older posts.

But it sounds like converting it may actually be easier. There are plugins for WordPress that do that for you automatically.

sadcox, May 5, 2009 IP
  3. Zhu

Zhu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I was in the same situation a couple of years ago.

I blogged for a year on Blogger and then moved to self-hosted WordPress, with a total different url.

All in all, it was a good choice!

First, I imported all my Blogger post to the WordPress blog. You can do that automatically, it's one of the WP functions. I left the old Blogger blog online but I made sure my reader followed me on the new blog. It wasn't a big trouble. Took about a month.

You can always promote your old content (once imported in WP) with some "best of the past" "most popular" etc.

I would also advise you to use less tags (you mentioned you used a lot), because otherwise they become useless to the readers.

Good luck!

Zhu, May 6, 2009 IP
    Stu-- likes this.
  4. Stu--

Stu-- Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Zhu, really good reply.

I have been using WP for another blog and when I go back to blogger it does my head in, so I think it's time for a change!

Stu--, May 8, 2009 IP
  5. Zhu

Zhu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I never regretted switching... I know how you feel! ;-)

Zhu, May 9, 2009 IP