1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why is my PayPal email address shown to my customers?

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by dunker, May 6, 2009.

Hi there, everybody!

I have a "Premier" PayPal account and a website with an integrated PayPal button for my users to pay for my services. When setting up my PayPal button, I decided I don't want a hosted button, read all the documentation and set up my very own HTML code for a PayPal button.

Everything, including Instant Payment Notification, is working perfectly well, I only have one problem. During the checkout process my PayPal email address is shown to my customers, even though I selected "Secure merchant account ID".

Is there a way around that? I think it doesn't look professional enough to have my personal email address displayed and I would prefer to hide it.

Thank you very much for your answers!

dunker, May 6, 2009 IP
  2. juragandollar

juragandollar Banned

Best Answers:
    sorry I can't help you

juragandollar, May 6, 2009 IP
  3. tobycoke

tobycoke Peon

Best Answers:
    Try clearing your cookies & cache, try a different browser, or try it through a proxy (ie proxify.org).

tobycoke, May 6, 2009 IP
    cchetanonline likes this.
  4. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Go to profile -> Custom Payment Pages

Make sure you select your custom profile and not the default one. Also, you may need a business account to fully get rid of the email address.

jestep, May 6, 2009 IP
    cchetanonline likes this.
  5. freakout

freakout Peon

Best Answers:
    Email address is always shown to buyers if you have a premier account.

freakout, May 6, 2009 IP
  6. dunker

dunker Peon

Best Answers:
    This is what I was afraid of ...

Can I open another account on PayPal with a suiting email address, for instance "nameofmybusiness@gmail.com", and use the same MasterCard to validate this account that I validated my personal PayPal account with?

Or can I upgrade my Premier account to a Business account without opening my own company and without extra costs?

Thank you!

dunker, May 6, 2009 IP
  7. StevePro

StevePro Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't believe you can use the same CreditCard for more that 1 account. The upgrade path may be an option, it may be work checking with Paypal....

StevePro, May 6, 2009 IP
  8. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You can open a business account as yourself. You can use your website as your DBA for yourself. I've never heard of it creating any problems. Just make sure any registered location is also your location.

jestep, May 6, 2009 IP
  9. dunker

dunker Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay, this sounds fine, I've also checked the PayPal Help and found similar conclusions.

However, I still have some fears ... for instance, I upgrade my Premier account into a Business account, provide a "Business Name" (without having an actual company) and an "Address" (which is my personal address). My question is this ...

QUESTION: Will PayPal at any point in the future require me to present a "Proof of Address" that will need to include both the provided business name and the address. Because I don't actually have a company, I am unable to provide such a "Proof of Address". However, I can prove that I personally live at that address.

I hope it's clear what I am saying ... In a nutshell: Will I have any problems opening a Business account without actually having a company? Things are maybe even more complicated, because I am from central Europe.

Thank you for all your answers!

dunker, May 6, 2009 IP
  10. nikolasgr

nikolasgr Peon

Best Answers:
    for sure, you cant use the same card in more than 1 accounts.
    i wanted to share mine with a friend but when i entered the credit card info on the second paypal account, it is recognized and rejected cause it was already in use.

nikolasgr, May 6, 2009 IP
  11. kess070

kess070 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Dunker

I have a business account. If you want to use your business name on paypal then i assume you would need to assign a bank account of the same name to that account? In other words I think your bank account name should match the name you have used for your business in Paypal. I remember doing this to make sure that there were no problems with transactions between the name on the paypal account and the name on the bank account. i.e they both match to ensure that the money is accepted to and fro from the accounts.

cheers

K

kess070, May 7, 2009 IP
  12. alexjan13

alexjan13 Peon

Best Answers:
    you send ticket to paypal. they will help you

alexjan13, May 7, 2009 IP
  13. dunker

dunker Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks everybody for all your advice!

I have opened a ticket with PayPal Help Department and I am waiting for their answer. I'll let you know what they have to say about this issue. ;)

dunker, May 7, 2009 IP
  14. Shafiq Kamal

Shafiq Kamal Active Member

Best Answers:
    You have to upgrade to Business Account.

Shafiq Kamal, May 7, 2009 IP