1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I just lost my job, please help me

Discussion in 'SEO' started by vansterdam, May 4, 2009.

Hello.

Thank you for reading my post. I did just lose and my job and I have limited time to get my personal websites making some decent money. Please check out two of my websites:
    http://www.airlinemilescreditcards.net
    http://www.cashbackrewardcreditcards.net

If these were your websites, what would you do to improve rankings/traffic/profit asap? I have a bit of cash to invest, but for the most part it may be me doing the work.

If anyone could help me out for free or for low prices that would be much appreciated too.

I look forward to your responses. Thank you all!!

-Jeremy

vansterdam, May 4, 2009 IP
  2. Naiel

Naiel Member

Best Answers:
    I would definitely approach a Linkbuilder.
    But as you that you have very few bucks left to invest.So i suggest you not to invest at these times of Recession.
    Now its your time to work hard and find out the beast and cheap ways to build links.
    Building links will definitely help you in achieving good traffic and Revenue in the near future.
    So try to implement soon.

All the best.

Naiel, May 4, 2009 IP
    vansterdam likes this.
  3. vansterdam

vansterdam Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the advice. +rep. I have been trying to find a good link builder, but it is tough to find someone reliable. Do you know someone in particular that you can refer me to? I have been building links myself, but I'm not sure if I'm concentrating on the best strategies. Does anyone else have some advice? Thanks!

vansterdam, May 5, 2009 IP
  4. oregonthunder2

oregonthunder2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are a lot of things you can do on your own, and it only takes time and no money at all.

1. Article Writing - Write about what you know at a Article Directory - Post you links at the bottom of the article.

2. Social Bookmarking - Delicious and others - With Delicious you dont need a real email address to start a new account. Bookmark your sites

3. Free Directories - get a hold of a free directory list and submit away.

4. Bid Directories - Usually will cost a little, but will not break your wallet

5. Blog Comments - Do a search for the keywords you are looking for and find blogs to comment on.

6. Contact other webmasters for link exchanges...works best if you trade links with sites that specialize on the same topic as you.

7. This SEO Trick <<<See this forum to learn more.

I almost forgot - Add good content for your site.

You should make full use of your time, while your waiting to find another job. You get what you put into it. Every bit helps.

Anyways this is all stuff you can do for free.;) well except for bid directories

oregonthunder2, May 5, 2009 IP
    vansterdam likes this.
  5. vansterdam

vansterdam Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tips. #7 is a good idea. I will have to look for blogs that way. Do you really think social bookmarking and free directories are still worthwhile? I have found that with social bookmarking it doesn't have much effect for my type of websites and any effect is quite temporary. With directories it seems that they are given less weight these days and you won't get traffic from them.

What do you think is the best way to go about article marketing? Mass submit everywhere or just stick to the top 20-30 sites? I am trying out some submission services right now.

vansterdam, May 5, 2009 IP
  6. wperez23

wperez23 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey there thanks for sharing your story! All will be well I am sure!

The best way to drive traffic is through article marketing. Now I suggest to use ezine articles. But if you do you will have to create a free blog with blogger. In the blog you will be talking about what your 2 sites are relating to and of course you will have the link to these sites in your blog.

You can have banner ads as well.

The reason I say you need a blog is because ezine articles does not accept straight links like those to be promoted with your article.

So the blog would be good to promote with your articles. :) it gives great results!

wperez23, May 5, 2009 IP
  7. oregonthunder2

oregonthunder2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah some things work better than others, but everything helps.

oregonthunder2, May 5, 2009 IP
  8. melbel

melbel Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Here are some SEO mistakes for http://www.cashbackrewardcreditcards.net -
    You have too many meta tags
    Your font tags are in HTML. They should be in CSS.
    You have more than one h1 tag. You should only have one.
    Your meta keywords don't appear site wide, they are only on certain pages.

melbel, May 6, 2009 IP
  9. digitalextrememediagroup

digitalextrememediagroup Peon

Best Answers:
    We can help you out if your looking to do some SEO. You can check our results on our site.

10. axa

axa Active Member

Best Answers:
    hi vansterdam, i think you have done good enough for on-page seo optimization for your site, especially airlinemilescreditcards.net, something you need is bookmarking tools, as we know this is web 2.0 era, and every search engine pay will more attention on a site with visitor bookmark, you can insert addthis.com bookmark tools.

axa, May 9, 2009 IP
  11. kbeus21

kbeus21 Peon

Best Answers:
    6,500 inbound links and not enough traffic. This means the links are not providing enough juice. You are definatly attacking a couple of the hardest niches online. When I ran your website through a couple of my seo tools your site fared well you scored above average presence with your link popularity if you want to get into the contender braket then you will need to up your baclinks by about 4k. It shows you have been around for about 4 years which will really help with the traffic. Now for the things that you could work on--your website had no intertwining blog meaning your missing millions in the blogosphere, there was an rss feed which is very good, though nothing in dig or delicous so if you have not utilized social bookmarking it may be helpful. Also no twitter was found, this would help your customers find out if anythings new and so on.

kbeus21, May 10, 2009 IP
  12. chiragsharma

chiragsharma Peon

Best Answers:
    Linking linking and adsense all u have to do is this...........

chiragsharma, Jul 31, 2009 IP
  13. cjppei

cjppei Peon

Best Answers:
    Lose job is nothing.You can build a website and it can help you earn some money!

cjppei, Jul 31, 2009 IP
    amwyyytg likes this.