1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Accepting CC payments through paypal???

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by axemedia, Jul 19, 2006.

I setting up a site that will take payment through paypal. My coder tells me that if i want to accept Credit Cards I need to be using Paypal Pro (at $20/month). But when I go to my paypal account and look at the merchant services I see that Webpayments Standard will accept credit cards, no extra fee (except of course the cut off the transaction).

Now when I go to the paypal page where payment gets sent, while doing testing, I see no options for credit cards. Is that because my paypal cookie is telling the paypal server I am a paypal user so i get served a default page for sending payment through email addy. And if I was not a paypal user I would be delivered a page that lets me use CC?????

I dont know shit about this. The vast majority of my site users will not have a paypal account so CC payment is essential.

help

axemedia, Jul 19, 2006 IP
  2. MarkB

MarkB Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have a business account (not Paypal Pro) then yes you can take credit cards.

MarkB, Jul 19, 2006 IP
  3. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    There is no monthly charges for a Paypal Business account which should meet your needs. The only difference between the Paypal Business and Paypal Personal account is that receiving money via credit card or via paypal to paypal transfer is not free unlike the Personal account.

You can however create two paypal accounts, one for business and one for personal.

eddy2099, Jul 19, 2006 IP
  4. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    You need to alter your account to a business account. When a users clicks through to paypal to make a payment they are given the option to pay with their paypal balance or a credit card.

mad4, Jul 19, 2006 IP
  5. axemedia

axemedia Guest

Best Answers:
    Do they still need a paypal account though, or can anyone with a CC and no paypal account use it?

I have a business account already.

6. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Your customers do not need to have any existing paypal account to pay via CC. I believe they would be invited to open one but it is not necessary to close the sale.

eddy2099, Jul 19, 2006 IP
  7. SVentures

SVentures Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just as an addendum to the conversation: My company is offering real-time CC processing without Paypal involvement, always a good thing. Reasonable rates, no setup or gateway fees, no paperwork or long "approval" process. Anyone interested can PM me for site URL with details and info.

SVentures, Jul 19, 2006 IP
  8. axemedia

axemedia Guest

Best Answers:
    SV, thanks for your plug but I want to stick to Paypal for trust factor.

9. Correctus

Correctus Straight Edge

Best Answers:
    If you are gonna do a lot of business then pay the monthly fee, if you are not sure, just take the Premium Account thats no additional fee

IT

Correctus, Jul 20, 2006 IP