1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Placement Help - New User

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by wimbet, Jul 18, 2006.

I am new to both Adsense and this forum so I am still learning.

I recently started working on a news site. I chose wordpress because it was easy to setup and met my needs for the time being.

The site is www.ccwifinews.com

Im looking for suggestions on adsense placement. I've been checking other wordpress sites and I've seen them use the more tag on each post then include a line ad at the bottom of each post.

Can anyone give me some help or suggestions? I am eager to learn adsense strategies for wordpress sites.

wimbet, Jul 18, 2006 IP
  2. factchecker

factchecker Peon

Best Answers:
    Go to the search on this forum and type wordpress. There are a lot of great resources.

factchecker, Jul 18, 2006 IP
    wimbet likes this.
  3. wimbet

wimbet Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I am slowly working my way through those post. I was just wondering if someone could give me specific feedback on my site.

In the last couple of hours I have:
    1. Downloaded adsense-deluxe plugin for wordpress which makes the management of ads much easier. Great plugin!
    2. Changed the link color of ads to match the light blue colors I'm using on my page.
    3. Rearranged my right column and placed a link unit inline with other content.
    4. Tested placement of ads inside single post pages.

I think my current strategy is to write longer posts, use the more function, and place an ad in the middle of my blog.

So if someone wants to earn their cape and tights for the day, check out my site and give me some suggestions.

wimbet, Jul 18, 2006 IP
  4. freestuffpage

freestuffpage Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I would recommend you download and install the AdSense Beautifier Plugin.
    http://www.supriyadisw.net/2006/07/adsense-beautifier

By placing small graphics next to the ads, the ads tend to perform better. Note that you must include the border between the graphics and the ads.

If you are not sure whether Google will accept this technique for your site, you may want to send them an email right after you install it. Wait for the reply and save a copy of it. (That's what I did and a member of Google AdSense support team says is OK in his reply to me.)

Hope that this helps.

freestuffpage, Jul 18, 2006 IP
  5. wimbet

wimbet Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks. I think I might have downloaded that but not tested it out yet. I will give it a try.

I dont have room to place the images where I'm using adsense in my template on the right and left columns, but I think I can utilize this on my static pages that have no right column and also on pages where I insert ad within the middle of a blog.

wimbet, Jul 18, 2006 IP
  6. timothy104

timothy104 Guest

Best Answers:
    u have a 3 collumn site

in left skyscraper looks good
    in right ad unit looks good

now put something in the middle, thats where people look right, perhaps a banner inbetween the first and 2nd post so it can be above the fold

site has a nice design, good luck

timothy104, Jul 18, 2006 IP