1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Directory Script in 2009

Discussion in 'Directories' started by DesertWarrior, May 3, 2009.

I have tried searching online for the best directory script but I only found old threads dating from 2006-07-08...

I suppose there has been a few updates, patches, new versions this year, so what is the BEST directory script today? Based on price, stability, functionality, user-friendliness and SEO-friendliness...

Cheers

DesertWarrior, May 3, 2009 IP
  2. ractors

ractors Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Don;t know phplink directory is best but that is gud

ractors, May 3, 2009 IP
  3. Agent47

Agent47 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PHPLD is not recommended if you really are serious about your directory. (You will thank me later :p) I would suggest esyndicat :)

Agent47, May 3, 2009 IP
  4. WallaceYeung

WallaceYeung Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    any new directory script coming out?
    if not, phpld still is the number one choice.

WallaceYeung, May 3, 2009 IP
  5. einfoway

einfoway Member

Best Answers:
    Internet is changing and these days you will find PHPLD all around. I would prefer customized way for directories rather then some open source or low cost dir that any one can just set up and fill in all junk data. No one ever goes to these dir's to search its just google counts one back link from this websites to your website. Soon this will get changed and google will be more smart and kill these dirs filled with junk expect few where it finds some more details about the site listed on that website/dir. Their are few like once for hosting and seo dirs.

einfoway, May 3, 2009 IP
  6. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Link Engine Pro was being launched and I had seen their Beta, I don't know if it's publicly available now.

jitendraag, May 3, 2009 IP
  7. swedal

swedal Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I would say TEST them yourself before you completely set a site up based on any script. Go to the scripts site and completely check out the Demo versions front end and back end. See if they offer what you need from them. If no updated Demo version set up move on to the next script. When you find a demo version you like then purchase the script and continue testing it on your own domain. If you still like it continue to set up your site.

The best script does not mean the most popular script by any means. Any script can be popular if it is free - think about it. I could not in good conscience recommend any script I have used in the past. I am testing one right now on a domain which shows a lot of promise, but I have not completed it yet.

I will say this though - I am so incredibly tired of bug filled directory scripts which require constant repair and modifications that the initial cost of the script should be last on your list of concerns when choosing one to use. What does it matter if the initial cost is $75 when you end up spending $X,XXX adding features, modifying it and correcting bug after bug down the road. Save yourself the aggravation by getting the right script up front.

Choose one with good features out of the box, stable - high quality coding, professional - FRIENDLY support from a company which does not offer a free version.

Companies which offer free versions of directory scripts are cutting their own throats by allowing the creation of thousands of the spam filled directories by people who have no business making them. More and more of these low quality directories popping up creates a lower level of trust in the overall value of a directory.

swedal, May 3, 2009 IP
    stoner3221, syted and robjones like this.
  8. photoworldblog

photoworldblog Active Member

Best Answers:
    i am using link engine pro... the script is very good....
    check my site
    www.urll.info

pls leave your comments here or pm me your comments

photoworldblog, May 3, 2009 IP
    Harkster likes this.
  9. Harkster

Harkster Guest

Best Answers:
    I was getting ready to comment but there is nothing much I can think of to add after swedal except I am using a new free directory (PhpWeby) on one of my sites and am quite happy with it. Rep added.

photoworldblog, urll.info is dead in the water. I will say that the LinkEnginePro admin is very nice but I can't seem to get a decent looking template built.

Harkster, May 3, 2009 IP
  10. stoner3221

stoner3221 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I couldn’t agree more !!!

stoner3221, May 3, 2009 IP
    robjones likes this.
  11. syted

syted Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Never a truer word... Free scripts are bad for the industry and the reputation of the provider. The model should be changed to a free trial or a refundable trial period.

syted, May 3, 2009 IP
    robjones likes this.
  12. Valhalla

Valhalla Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The best looking script Ive seen is the edirectory script both phpld and indexu are excellent value for money

Valhalla, May 3, 2009 IP
  13. SearchBuster

SearchBuster Peon

Best Answers:
    One size doesn't fit all. Every directory developer has different requirements of the script. Swedal pretty much summed it up. People saying this or that is the best mean it is the best for them, this may not be the best for you. Download and test, use demo's, read reviews etc.. to get an idea.

SearchBuster, May 3, 2009 IP
  14. DesertWarrior

DesertWarrior Banned

Best Answers:
    I don't really agree, and here is why: we all want the same thing when it comes to web directories: SEO-friendly, USER-friendly, Rich in features (customizable), cheap price (or free :)), stable (bug-free)...

so why should I bother testing a bunch of them? I am not looking for anything specific that some directories have and some don't. I just want a general directory script that respects all the points I stated above, isn't that what everybody wants?

DesertWarrior, May 3, 2009 IP
  15. swabai

swabai Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As many people are using php Link Directory script and i have my personal experience using phpLD, in my opinion it is the best script for a directory i have ever known. Cant comment on others. I would recommend phpLD.

swabai, May 3, 2009 IP
  16. knightofdawn

knightofdawn Banned

Best Answers:
    I've seen Link Bid, any feedback with this script?its free anyway...

knightofdawn, May 3, 2009 IP
  17. SearchBuster

SearchBuster Peon

Best Answers:
    No, you are assuming that is what everyone wants. One script could be better well suited to a particular niche for starters. Why should you test? I would only test the ones I am very interested in after reviewing a demo, more-so for the backend (admin).

SearchBuster, May 4, 2009 IP
  18. SilentSoul

SilentSoul Active Member

Best Answers:
    php link directory is the best

SilentSoul, May 5, 2009 IP
  19. sbdpk

sbdpk Peon

Best Answers:
    use php link directory I am using this on my site directory.sbdpk.com

sbdpk, May 6, 2009 IP
  20. coolamazer

coolamazer Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess Link bid is good. I dont see a potential for directory business anymore. So dropped them a year ago

coolamazer, May 6, 2009 IP