1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New SPAM sites...billions of results!!!!

Discussion in 'Google' started by Nintendo, Jun 17, 2006.

1. heinlein99

heinlein99 Peon

Best Answers:
    One of the best posts I've read recently.

I like this thread - very informative. Let's see how long we can keep it going. On topic, anyway.

heinlein99, Jul 18, 2006 IP
  2. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, it sure is.

qwestcommunications, Jul 18, 2006 IP
    redhits likes this.
  3. Helmethead3

Helmethead3 Peon

Best Answers:
    Bill this thread is your que to push vista! Bring it on

Helmethead3, Jul 19, 2006 IP
  4. johnweb

johnweb Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm watching another today, first appeard with 535 results, site:ui38.com.

Same ol'story.

johnweb, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  5. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    Nintendo, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  6. johnweb

johnweb Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess no one has reported them using the spam reporting tool...that's SO VERY effective.:D

Here you go google you can see it in graphic form.

www.alexaholic.com/t1ps2see.com

johnweb, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  7. redhits

redhits Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Results 1 - 10 of about 550,000 from onlinehome.us for

Uhhhhhhhhhhh new comers!

redhits, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  8. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    What da heck??!! :confused: They get more visitors now than when they had the billions of pages of SPAM indexed!! :confused:

Nintendo, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  9. dkessaris

dkessaris Peon

Best Answers:
    He might be redirecting other successfull spam sites to this domain, just a guess.

dkessaris, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  10. wibr

wibr Peon

Best Answers:
    And still google remains silent on all of this right? Oh let me guess, that spammer didn't REALLY get 550,000 pages indexed. That's a bad site command/data push/flux capacitor. Sure google. Sure... Tell me more.

wibr, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  11. johnweb

johnweb Peon

Best Answers:

What ever happened to that Adam guy, Matt2.0, or whatever? I thought he was going to be a regular contributer to forums etc? Google's orientation...err I mean indoctorination...err I mean brain washing... can't take that long, you go in drink the kool-aid with the other jonestown googleplexers and come out swinging saying absolutely nothing.

I'll make twice as many statements, at half his price, that say four times as much of nothing if they'd hire me.

johnweb, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  12. wibr

wibr Peon

Best Answers:
    :D I'm with ya.

Maybe we really should freelance ourselves out as google spokesman? I mean it can't be hard. Just make up some vague googlespeak that can be arbitrarily applied as needed. If anything bad happens just blame the webmaster. And if it gets really bad just don't say anything!

wibr, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  13. johnweb

johnweb Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not easy, but I bet if we put our minds together we could come up with some real good googlespeak, imagine if you will:

Moderator: Let's take a question from the audience.

Audience Q: My site is about 95% supplemental right now, has been since about the end of March. The odd thing is that most of the supplemental pages are not duplicates or old, and have been crawled on a regular basis.

Google A: You see the supplemental index is under a constant state of flux due to the existing and prior changes in the future algorithm, so the crawl priority was adjusted frequently for the metrics of the of the saturation in the index.

Follow up Q: huh?

Google A: Well, like I said earlier, but with regards to the frequency of the freshness of crawl data, I'd expect that team to look into it's priority and perhaps import some new data so in a few weeks coming up after which then you should see some different results.

Moderator: Well thanks a lot for your help as usual, Googleperson, we look forward to our next conversation. Until then don't buy, sell, trade, or even pursue links, but get them or else you will be on the fringe of the crawl priority! I'm outa here! Goodnight. Tip your waitress and bartenders well.

johnweb, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  14. wibr

wibr Peon

Best Answers:
    Perfect! LOL!

wibr, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  15. dougadam

dougadam Active Member

Best Answers:
    They probably are. We need to get the facts and contact all search engines!

dougadam, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  16. CrankyDave

CrankyDave Peon

Best Answers:
    Google continues to try and correct all of their problems algorithmically. They take 1 step forward while those wishing to "exploit" the system and its' loopholes take 2.

They'll continue to win their share of the battles but in the long run, if they don't come to the realization that they'll need to implement "intelligent" measures they'll likely end up losing the war.

Dave

CrankyDave, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  17. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    I support your point of view Dave. I can also see that they are realizing the importance of your statement.

I have to admit it...that's probably the most intellegent thing I've seen from Google in quite some time. The best algo + humans= leaving the competition in the dust. *agree with Shoemoney on this one*

Cheers,

H

Homer, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  18. KLB

KLB Peon

Best Answers:
    Interestingly enough, it appears that some of these sub-domain spammers are starting to realize Google's site search chokes on double dashes. I came across the following domain today in my daily tracking of links/site scraping from my site: 10982.furniturea.qza--w25.org (I've made it a dead link so as not to reward the perp). Since Google's site search chokes on the double dash, I can only assume that there are countless sub-domains for the main domain given the naming of this sub-domain.

Based on what I'm seeing with Alexa, the main domain is climbing rapidly in Alexa's ratings: http://www.alexa.com/data/details/t...ize=large&compare_sites=&y=t&url=qza--w25.org

KLB, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  19. KLB

KLB Peon

Best Answers:
    Somebody pointed out to me in a PM that while the site search won't work for this domain, the inurl trick will work based on this (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=inurl:qza--w25.org&btnG=Search), The domain in question has 750,000 backlinks indexed. Doing a whois (http://whois.domaintools.com/qza--w25.org) shows that the domain was registered on July 8, 2006. 750,000 backlinks in about ten days, sounds like spam to me.

No wonder our Alexa ratings and PR are droping. All of these sub-domain spammers are pushing everyone else down.

KLB, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  20. johnweb

johnweb Peon

Best Answers:
    Now if only Google wasn't so strapped for cash they could hire somebody full time to sit around and look for sites that go from zero pages to 999,999 in two weeks and at least take a look at them. Maybe they could apply for a grant and get an intern from the local community college to come in 3 hours a day and eliminate just the ones posted here in the forum? I mean there are sites the skyrocket all the time, someone posts naked pictures of the Queen or the like, but come on! Take the a look at the pages indexed as a line, if slope of said line is nearly verticle, load it up on a browser for 10 seconds and look at it. I bet the adsense reps are tripping over themselves trying to land these accounts!

johnweb, Jul 20, 2006 IP