1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Way To Target Niche

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by COOLORANGEFREEZE, May 2, 2009.

In your opinion or experience what is the best way to target a niche for advertising... such as how would you target truckers, or vegetarians, or perhaps human resources to sell space on your site?

Also is there a site or journal that has email addresses of niche areas. Mass listing of emails for HR, vegetarians, etc.?

COOLORANGEFREEZE, May 2, 2009 IP
  2. SEOTherapy

SEOTherapy Banned

Best Answers:
    You need to think the way they do. Advertise on magazines they read & maybe you should start a blog that talks about something they like to read.

You might want to try writing & distributing press release too. It can help to establish your reputation as the expert in that niche :)

SEOTherapy, May 2, 2009 IP
  3. johnkhoo

johnkhoo Peon

Best Answers:
    The best way to create a niche for advertising is doing email marketing. Create a simple website and start to accumulate email list. Those who opt-in are actually interested in you niche topic. Then "feed" them with latest and related news. In the process, you may also sell them some related products. This is what i would say "targeted".

johnkhoo, May 3, 2009 IP
  4. COOLORANGEFREEZE

COOLORANGEFREEZE Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your responses. I thought email marketing was also the best way. The tough part and time consuming will be copying and pasting all the niche email addresses.

COOLORANGEFREEZE, May 3, 2009 IP
  5. ScottBannon

ScottBannon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know what you mean by copying and pasting the niche email addresses, but whatever it is it doesn't sound good... you should be collecting emails from your visitors into a newsletter or autoresponder with opt-ins, no copy and paste needed. If you're grabbing emails from other places you're setting yourself up for troubles.

Whenever I target a niche that's new for me I setup a simple squeeze page to grab opt-ins, then I build a dozen or more secondary sites (blogs, squidoo, hubpages, etc.) and publish a bunch of articles to ezine directories to feed links and traffic to my squeeze page.

If you create good content, or flood the niche, you should be able to build a decent list in short time and it will be a quality list of targeted people for you.

ScottBannon, May 3, 2009 IP
  6. copper12

copper12 Peon

Best Answers:
    You advertise where potential customers go to.

Example: If you are selling funny T-shirts, you advertise in funny sites.

copper12, May 4, 2009 IP
  7. Nystul

Nystul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I will strongly starting a Niche blog, and then market it with comments on related niche sites, and of course forums.

Nystul, May 4, 2009 IP