1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Results and data older on its own site than on SE's it feeds? Update Preview?

Discussion in 'Google' started by Big Richard, Jul 17, 2006.

Hi,

Has anyone else noticed this - it was pointed out to me by a friend. he changed his website last week, but google.com still shows the old page. However if you go to some of the sites which use googles results such as AOL AOL or http://delluk.myway.com/, then you get the updated webpages.

Also I notice that the results are significantly different from googles main site. So are these sites showing results that google is about to release? - I always thought before that AOL was a direct mirror of Google?

Big Richard, Jul 17, 2006 IP
  2. LemonTree

LemonTree Peon

Best Answers:
    erm,
    If I recall correctly aol quit using google some time ago.

LemonTree, Jul 17, 2006 IP
  3. LinkBliss

LinkBliss Peon

Best Answers:
    when you do a search on AOL it says "Enhanced by Google", I doubt AOL is modifying it? so it would really be powered by Google.

Several mos ago AOL was talking with MS and Google but decided to stick with Google.

Eric

LinkBliss, Jul 17, 2006 IP
  4. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    as is discussed on another thread
    some siteowners lost all google data - me too - that happened when on 27 june certain google servers were down for many hours for part of the world
    after that google no longer provides accurate results.

such data crash happens to Google aboiut once a year - after a few weeks all is back to normal

other SE using G data in seach may simply have a cache f the last correct data, while G apparently had NO backup at all

yahoo had the very same about may this year

hans, Jul 17, 2006 IP
  5. woodside

woodside Peon

Best Answers:
    Google is just so far gone right now. Check out this search query: the second site in the results is from a proxy server.

Google's results are just totally wack right now.

woodside, Jul 17, 2006 IP
  6. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thats exactly how every query with keywords relevant to my site look like
    but i know that google is working hard on it
    its just a matter of time to redo all serps

hans, Jul 17, 2006 IP
  7. MikeSwede

MikeSwede Peon

Best Answers:
    I haven't read anything about that but that might very well be true! Have you any proof of that?

MikeSwede, Jul 17, 2006 IP
  8. Big Richard

Big Richard Peon

Best Answers:
    The thread seems to be going off track - the point was that the results on AOL (which are powered by google), as showing fresher data than google itself (I checked this out as a site my friend recently changed was showing the updated info in AOL results but not google). So it would seem that there are a fresher set of results that are "google" results being shown on AOL than google itself. I also noticed that the results where significantly different for several search terms, so if the results are fresher on AOL, is this an indication of what will appear soon on the main google results?

Big Richard, Jul 17, 2006 IP
    Bondat likes this.
  9. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    YES i have
    on the night 27 junew i tried to login to adsense account ant there was an official error message saying something like "server is down"
    the same night over the coming 3-4 hours this server down continued

the day after that most of my serps were lost

this happened again about a yewar ago

all pages are index fully ( title and discription fully displayed in search results )n but NO hirarchy at all in the results for a large number of keywords

some kesywords kept the top serps all the way
    others are slowly regaining their old position

the procedure then applied by google is

first level of serps re-creation bnring you op to 100-200
    then sometimes another step into the a top 20-50 serps

and finally bnack to normal

1st level G finds a page talking or linking to that page
    next level G finds another page writing more or linking more to that lost page
    then finally that one page with lost serps is fully analyized and replaces the temporary early ( wrong ) results

if you know the computer resources incolved in creating serps amongh the millions or nundreds of milliosn with same keyword
    then you know doing such for only a fraction of all website will take weeks of non-stop computer work.

many are hit by that data crash - some posted in DP about that

most are lucky and are free of data damage in their data

of course G has to split all data into many databases to get the full picture
    and smart G does store this many db on may servers
    the most important of all is the serps db
    may be it has bee run on the same number of datacenters as adsense p0ublishers run

nothingh to worry
    just keep on honest publishing work and produce
    after a while all damage is corrected in full

hans, Jul 18, 2006 IP
    Bondat likes this.
  10. Big Richard

Big Richard Peon

Best Answers:
    Can we get the thread back on track please - its so far off course its in another time zone!!

:"The thread seems to be going off track - the point was that the results on AOL (which are powered by google), as showing fresher data than google itself (I checked this out as a site my friend recently changed was showing the updated info in AOL results but not google). So it would seem that there are a fresher set of results that are "google" results being shown on AOL than google itself. I also noticed that the results where significantly different for several search terms, so if the results are fresher on AOL, is this an indication of what will appear soon on the main google results?
    "

Big Richard, Jul 18, 2006 IP
  11. wrkalot

wrkalot Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It wouldn't suprise me to see different data on aol.com vs google.com. It all depends on the DC that the results are being pulled from. This is not uncommon, IMO. There are still some DC's showing vastly different results than others.

wrkalot, Jul 18, 2006 IP