1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Tea Bagging Protests

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Zibblu, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    What's really amusing is right wingers who think that these tea bagging events were really impressive. What were the numbers? 112K *total* across the whole country? Obama almost had that many at a single rally in one city! There were anti-Iraq war rallies during the Bush admin where over 100K people gathered in just one city. And where was Fox News reporting on these much more impressive *real* grassroots events?

Zibblu, Apr 17, 2009 IP
  2. ncz_nate

ncz_nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm going to have to agree with Michael Savage on this one, the sexually immature perverted beta males are coming out of the woodwork.

Zibblu I think you have a doppelganger!

ncz_nate, Apr 17, 2009 IP
  3. amanamission

amanamission Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You know, the silliest thing about this "movement" is that it is completely devoid of substance, unlike the original Tea Party. Wasting a half-ton of Lipton at your own expense doesn't have the same punch as dumping the forced imports from a government-sanctioned monopoly.

Taxes suck, though. I'm taking a more direct-action approach, myself.

amanamission, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  4. ncz_nate

Best Answers:
    Not sure if you realize that you just furthered obamanations point lol.

ncz_nate, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  5. amanamission

Best Answers:
    WTF is ON's point, anyway? His(?) tongue is stuck so far in his cheek I think it's boring a hole through.

Looks like an unfunny parody of Colbert from a neocon point of view.

6. ncz_nate

Best Answers:

Clearer now? I spotted out obamanation before any of you had the clue, he's a genius, had many fooled (still has many fooled) and exposes liberal thought for what it is before they even say it!

7. amanamission

Best Answers:
    Not really. Comparing this empty gesture to the substantive act it is based on has nothing to do with being a liberal. And for the record, I am probably more radically opposed to taxes than any of you.

You're free to think ON is a genius, but the term is not at all original and neither is the "opposite-day" act. It is just a reverse Colbert, very clever, and I strongly suspect a dupe account. Maybe yours, Nate?

8. ncz_nate

Best Answers:
    Of course it's not original, you only have to read books to find out. The username has a meaning/ is symbolic of something deeper than most here care to understand.

LOL. It would seem that way wouldn't it? Few can match my style of debate (I like to call it discussion), but don't jump to conclusions giving me credit I don't deserve. It's quite simple, someone else has joined us who also sees the world in more dimensions than the herd here.

9. amanamission

Best Answers:
    Or perhaps it is just a very convenient pun.

I'll allow that you probably wouldn't be brazen enough to publicly praise your own dupe like that. Then again, that's exactly how an egomaniac would behave...maybe it's a multiple personality situation, and you don't even know you have an alter ego posting buffoonery along side you.

Smyrl likes this.
  10. ncz_nate

Best Answers:
    Calling my bluff?

;)

11. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    The fact that Obamanation is a troll has been obvious for some time, he's been saying a lot of really ridiculous things for awhile that make it obvious he's doing an impersonation of what he thinks liberals are all about - when he started referring to Newsweek as a "right wing" newspaper and DailyKos as "unbiased" I knew he was taking the piss --- the amazing thing isn't that Obamanation is a troll but that some of the craziest neocons on this site appear to be the real deal. I mean actually saying "nuke Somalia" without any irony? Without tongue in cheek? That's disturbing stuff to me.

Zibblu, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  12. jumpboy11jaop

jumpboy11jaop Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I did have doubts, but they seemed so serious. I am also more inclined to believe that such people actually exist (as opposed to being trolls), given my experience with a conservative version of obamanation that clearly actually believes what he's talking about. He's gone on for like 4 years, and has made substantial posts on other topics as well. I am inclined to believe others of said opinion exist, although it seems he may (thankfully) be a fluke.

I gave the link in another forum, but the conservative obamanation can be found here

jumpboy11jaop, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  13. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Damn, if you say a few nice things about the religious, suddenly people are calling you a conservative! Listen, while I LOVE the fact we are able to create more people who vote Democrat by demonizing evangelicals for their beliefs, even though the Democratic party has its fair share of church goers, what bothers me are the mental weaklings we get to do our dirty work. Its not that they are "mentally weak" because of their beleif in Atheism. To the contrary, this country was populated by the religious and founded on the basis of freedom of religion, and from the perspective of faith based belief systems, Atheism is definitely a religion (They have faith there is no god).

No, I call them mentally weak because unlike most religions which have some beneficial aspects such as social outreach programs to help the needy, a focus on improving your life and relationships etc, these political henchmen have only the negative aspects of religion: The need to foist their belief system on others(social control), the need to look down their noses at people who think differently as mentally inferior, the need to spread their hatred. Most of them are not even legitimate Atheists and havent even thought through the issue of god at any length. They would be more properly titled "anti-religious", though that would carry an undesirable political stigmatism on a par with "Pro-Death" or "Anti-Choice".

All it takes to convert these imbiciles is an abreviated history course about the Crusades or the Inquisition, something most of them got if they made it past 7th grade. They claim to stand behind science while some of the greatest scientists of our time including Einstein had belief in god.

What really bothers me about these people is that they are little better than skinheads or gay bashers, and therefore stand for everything that Liberals are against. If we are going to say it is ok for one man to desire to suck his own sperm out of another mans ass with a straw, without being ridiculed for it, why would we say it is ok to ridicule a whole group of people based on their belief in god, especially considering the right to believe in god is guaranteed by the Constitution and the right to suck your own sperm out of another mans ass with a straw is not.... yet.

Hey wait a minute. Provide me a quote where I misrepresented our agenda! Don't get bent just because I'm a bit more upfront and honest about things. Don't get upset because I like to rub it in Conservatives face a bit. We have the initiative and the backing of the population now. It is OUR TIME, it is OUR PARTY, and NOTHING is going to get in the way of that! Even the White House realizes that and is pretty much openly laughing in their faces! If we just keep on lauging at them, they will at some point become demoralized and give up the ghost.

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G1-121455620.html
    http://www.docstoc.com/docs/1025260/Newsweek-Cover-What-Bush-Got-Right-August-11-2008
    Yeh, they support that murdering bastard. I'm beginning to wonder if you are a real liberal.

OK, now I KNOW you are a Conservative sympathizer. Do you really think Real Clear Politics would have added their poll to the average if it was biased in any way?

What is my point? It depends on the thread. I'd say my overriding point is that we won and they lost! The voters of this country gave us a mandate by an overwhelming majority. if the 47% of the people in this country who didn't vote for Obama don't like our agenda they can suck it! We can spend as much as we want on what we want. That 47% represents the failure that is all American history until Mr. Obama came along. We are here to wipe that out and change it as fast as possible. Radical change is what the voters of this country asked for and radical change is what we will give them on every front, including health care, immigration, taxation, debt, public domain, and foreign policy. I'm not sure why we backed off gun control, but you can rest assured we will be back for their guns as well. We have enough votes in both houses of congress to do whatever we want, so there is absolutely no need to even put up the pretense of compromise with the people who have been ruining our nation for so long. We really shouldn't even think of them as Americans.

My comments aren't meant to be funny and I don't do parody. If I were to do parody, it certainly wouldn't be a parody of a person who does parody, like Colbert. I'd look for a source of original material rich in it's inherent hypocrisy, contradiction, and hubris.

Obamanation, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  14. Bernard

Bernard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try reading the book. Get past the two party partisan charade.

As I stated, there were many different kinds of people in attendence. There was not one specific group. If you only watched MSM reports, you probably missed out on some good stuff:

Some scenes from various tea parties:

Jonathan Hoenig speech in Chicago:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=4K2SHvWlBZA

Congressman Gresham Barrett (R) hardcore booed in Greenville, SC (because he changed his vote and supported TARP on the second vote):
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=MJQVNXfKujc
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=EsOtJNARdlE

Albany, NY:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=oavw8ktb2ms

HR 1207 supporter in San Antonio:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=8fE0w0iCd1o

Bwahahaa. Really. The media has been fellating Obama's unit ever since the primaries. You wanna talk about a media blackout, let's talk about coverage of Ron Paul and the voices of liberty.

Read the comments with this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8500HxYv-FE

Bernard, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  15. Wasabi Media

Wasabi Media Peon

Best Answers:
    The world did seem odd during the protest, with Republicans holding the protest and Democrats opposing it. Read more thoughts in this article.

Wasabi Media, Apr 29, 2009 IP
  16. Bernard

Bernard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The author of that article missed the point of the tea parties entirely. It's based upon a false premise.

Bernard, May 1, 2009 IP
  17. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    These ridiculous tea bagging protests got FAR more attention than the anti war protests which had many many many more people in attendance. The idea that these idiotic "protests" were given a raw deal by the media is flat out SILLY.

Zibblu, May 1, 2009 IP
  18. ncz_nate

Best Answers:
    ..so was the idea that Obama got a free pass by the media. Do you seriously think the media is against you? I'd get your eyes checked.

ncz_nate, May 1, 2009 IP
  19. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    I think the media is against a lot of my ideals, yes. Are they against the Democrats? No. Obviously not. But I also do not believe they are against Republicans. The mainstream media is primarily about making money.

But on the other hand, are they against anti-war protesters? Yes. Are they against civil liberties? Yes. Are they against real universal health care? Yes. I believe they are against a lot of liberal issues. The idea that the MSM is "liberal" is ridiculous.

Zibblu, May 1, 2009 IP
  20. ncz_nate

Best Answers:
    Fox News is the only conservative leaning outlet, I'll admit that, they are usually "against Democrats". But are you going to tell me channels like CNN, MSNBC, CBS, and NBS aren't against Republicans? Be real.

In all fairness Fox's audience almost equals all of those channels combined. Wonder why?

ncz_nate, May 1, 2009 IP