1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anybody use html site map?

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by Final Verdict, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Grobbulus

Grobbulus Peon

Best Answers:
    I have never checked and I don't know the answer. Would be interested to find out as well.

Grobbulus, Apr 25, 2009 IP
  2. bterrill

bterrill Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Yes, it is something everysite should have for a few reasons already mentioned but I'll itterate.

1) If included on your header/footer(every page basically) you now have 1 click away from any page that will provide a link to every page on the site (so basically every link is no more than 3 clicks away)
    2) It helps get you indexed. Usually when you get spidered it's the homepage and maybe a few other urls and then it comes back for more later, and it does this until its been through everything but it only finds whats been linked to internally or externally. Having your sitemap ensures everything will be spidered atleast once.
    3) Some users simply need it. Don't assume everyone can work a website... most people won't use them but some people do. Heck, even I use some websites sitemaps on occassions if their navigation is too confusiong or is just wrecthed (which is not too common but not rare).

The HTML one is for your users, XML is for google. Why not do both anyways. Out of either of the two I'd pick the HTML one. That one will benifit both the engines and users at the same time.

bterrill, Apr 28, 2009 IP
  3. liverpoon

liverpoon Peon

Best Answers:
    Can i create sitemap for wordpress.com ?

liverpoon, Apr 29, 2009 IP
  4. SearchMarketing

SearchMarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    I created a website yesterday. Got 1 indexed page around hours later. Once I created a sitemap.html, I got 130 indexed pages in a day.

Amazing isn't it?

SearchMarketing, May 1, 2009 IP
  5. SearchMarketing

SearchMarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    Also what is that ror.xml? What's the major benefit to have it? It seems to have a bigger file size, i'm afraid the crawlers might not like it.

SearchMarketing, May 1, 2009 IP
  6. khddee

khddee Peon

Best Answers:
    I use both HTML and XML on my sites.

khddee, May 5, 2009 IP