1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How long to decide if something has worked?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by mjp81, Apr 28, 2009.

I'm notoriously impatient with everything I do, so I was wondering what is a good length of time to leave something to decide if it's worked?

Say I tweak the page structure, or keyword placement, how long would you leave it for results to filer through so you can say "yes, this worked" or "no, it didn't"?

I don't want to make a change, decide it's done nothing, and then change it back before giving it a good chance. Likewise, I don't want to make too many changes, see an improvement, and then have no idea which one it was that took effect!

Any advice appreciated. What time scale do you guys work to?

mjp81, Apr 28, 2009 IP
  2. themedseoservices

themedseoservices Guest

Best Answers:
    themedseoservices, Apr 28, 2009 IP
  3. mjp81

mjp81 Peon

Best Answers:
    umm... thanks, but if you could just post the advice here so everyone can benefit, that'd be great.

mjp81, Apr 28, 2009 IP
  4. bogs

bogs Active Member

Best Answers:
    SEO is a long and continues process.. best way that you can do is wait for the next update.. beside you can help google by building links to index your site faster..

bogs, Apr 28, 2009 IP
  5. linkpopularitymatters

linkpopularitymatters Guest

Best Answers:
    There is no approximate time to measure success in SEO. However if you are doing things right your website would begin to show up in search engines 3 months after the start of the campaign.

linkpopularitymatters, Apr 29, 2009 IP
  6. newlogo

newlogo Peon

Best Answers:
    long time seo would helpful

newlogo, Apr 29, 2009 IP
  7. lordofthering2008

lordofthering2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont think that there may any acceptable time period to check it something is correct or wrong. One seo campaign may increase SERP and bring traffic within one month. But may be penalize or ban from search engine after 3 months. So we cant decide whether something is good or bad.

lordofthering2008, Apr 29, 2009 IP