1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

If you had to maximize adsense profits with a brand new site, how would you do it?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by peeg, Jul 17, 2006.

How would you do it folks?

peeg, Jul 17, 2006 IP
  2. Art

Art Peon

Best Answers:
    Follow the Google ad hotspot.

Use square adframes.

Use 3 ads.

Build links.

Update regularly.

If it's a blog, blog and ping with new content.

Art, Jul 17, 2006 IP
  3. Brian123

Brian123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is something I have been wondering about myself! The thing is finding the best area in which to do it! I know there are many members here making $xxxx plus a month through AdSense, but how it is done, well I'm still trying!
    There are so many areas you could do this in, weather or not it will make money is another thing!

Brian123, Jul 17, 2006 IP
  4. payoutwindow

payoutwindow Peon

Best Answers:
    Traffic, Traffic, Traffic

payoutwindow, Jul 17, 2006 IP
  5. peeg

peeg Peon

Best Answers:
    peeg, Jul 17, 2006 IP
  6. Art

Art Peon

Best Answers:
    A number of things for massive CTR:

Change the layout from dynamic to fixed, since your center content box isn't stretching anyways.

Place a square ad unit in your center content box if possible, aligned left.

Move your right hand ad unit to the left since eyes move from the left to the right (a far bigger difference than you think).

Change your right ad unit to a double ad unit if you like (depends on the variation between top paying ads and lower paying ads in your particular keyword). You -may- get paid more per click if you only have one, but two may increase CTR. Your call.

Add a link unit to the left menu.

You will notice the highest CTR from the square ad unit in the center content box.

Art, Jul 17, 2006 IP
  7. peeg

peeg Peon

Best Answers:
    wow man thanks for the tips!

What do you mean by the dynamic and fixed layout scheme?

I include() several files, so that if I change the site around a little like what Im doing now, I can easily update all pages...

Also, is a double ad unit just two ads placed one on top of each other or what?

Thanks for your help again

Rich

peeg, Jul 17, 2006 IP
  8. MakeSens

MakeSens Peon

Best Answers:
    Fixed is HTML dynamic is php and all the rest, btw, it's a pretty good site dude

MakeSens, Jul 17, 2006 IP
  9. Art

Art Peon

Best Answers:
    In terms of fixed and dynamic layout, I meant the layout stretching and moving when you expand or contract the browser window.

Example: Myspace.com is a fixed layout, Drupal.org is a dynamic/stretched layout.

MakeSens: You're correct too, I should've specified dynamic layout, as opposed to a dynamic backend :) (Edit: I think I did, eek ;p)

Art, Jul 17, 2006 IP
  10. peeg

peeg Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok peeps, I havn't changed the dynamic layout, but added some more ads and stuff. What do you think?

peeg, Jul 17, 2006 IP
  11. Art

Art Peon

Best Answers:
    Change the ad title text to the same colour as the rest of your links.

Move the link unit on the right into your navigation box and use CSS to style your navigation links so they're EXACTLY the same font + placement as the menu itself.

Have a look at: www.dogtrainingchart.com for an example of good placement (which Google has wholeheartedly approved, by the way).

Art, Jul 17, 2006 IP
  12. Saadh

Saadh Peon

Best Answers:
    wow, Art. Thanks for all the tips.

Shouldn't the link units yield a ton of clicks because of how they are identical to your nav?

And in your dog site, to make sure. You have one link unit and one center box ad unit on the main page, correct?

Saadh, Jul 17, 2006 IP
  13. bonez

bonez Peon

Best Answers:
    i'd use affiliate marketing mainly and then run adsense according to the heat map

bonez, Jul 17, 2006 IP
  14. Art

Art Peon

Best Answers:
    Another thing: notice how the rest of the page's links are a slightly lighter hue than the links on the center unit? Lots of subliminal research there. If you place your square ad unit in the dead center of your screen where your mouse rests, people will often read your content, either navigate the rest of your site or spot something more interesting in the ad unit and follow through.

Either way the visitor gets what they want, the advertiser gets a good click (and targeted traffic and perhaps a conversion) and everyone is happy.

Try to build your sites with the advertiser in mind - you don't want to build MFAs that send random traffic through.

Art, Jul 17, 2006 IP
  15. MakeSens

MakeSens Peon

Best Answers:
    True, Thinking with other's mind is the key to success.. question is, who's mind to target?:)

MakeSens, Jul 17, 2006 IP
  16. peeg

peeg Peon

Best Answers:
    peeg, Jul 17, 2006 IP
  17. nidzoica

nidzoica Guest

Best Answers:
    I try to put google ads on my site couple month ago, and I earn about 10$ for that time.
    This is the site http://www.nsaleshop.com , what do you think I should do?

nidzoica, Jul 17, 2006 IP
  18. peeg

peeg Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice placement man, but you gotta work on your grammar (no offence) but people will be put off from having such phrases as 'Find Right Store for You' when it could so easily be 'Find the Right Store for you'.

If english aint your number one, then I would suggest hiring a translator as it is so important to get the professionalism accross to get your viewer's loyalty and trust in you up.

peeg, Jul 17, 2006 IP
  19. ahearn

ahearn Peon

Best Answers:
    Traffic is king. Even is your site is not completely optimized for SEO and Adsense, and your CTR is low, working on increasing traffic will be the best use of your time.

Certainly, you can work on ad placement and other improvements but increasing traffic will have the highest payoff.

ahearn, Jul 17, 2006 IP
  20. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree. Having perfect or almost perfect grammar would help tremendously as people will shy away or turn away from your site if there is horrible grammar. It doesn't look very professional with bad grammar.

Nocturnal, Jul 17, 2006 IP