1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anybody else take a shilacking?

Discussion in 'SEO' started by nevetS, Jul 17, 2006.

My site dropped to PR0 from either 4 or 5 - the entire thing. My index page is now a cache from June 2005, but the page being displayed is actually either from December 2004 or early January 2005.

I read about this happening briefly to a couple of pages at Yahoo and MSN, but not to any regular people like me.

I'm trying not to freak out and just wait for Google to correct itself, but I'm also worried that I've done something to cause the problem and it won't be fixed until I take some sort of corrective action. Not an ounce of black hat anything on this site, around this site, or even near this site (www.bkweddings.com). I haven't posted anything new on the site for a while, but I'm actually in process of putting a lot more effort into it. I did end up shutting comments down because I was getting too much spam, but I've removed all the bad comments I believe and the comments haven't even been turned on for a couple of months.

The only other things I think that would have caused problems are pretty benign - things like too many nav links, maybe too much on page SEO, too many header tags, etc.

nevetS, Jul 17, 2006 IP
  2. Christopher

Christopher Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think there is anything that you could have done to make google display a cache from dec '04.

It's just another symptom of google being broke.

My shellacking took place on June 27, along with many other sites. My rankings dropped and my caches vanished. My cache is back now, but my rankings are still tanked.

Seen Minstrel's post on this subject at:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=105181&page=8

It summarizes things well.

Christopher, Jul 17, 2006 IP
    nevetS likes this.
  3. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    That makes sense. Google never did much like the site anyways - it has been relegated to "Blog Search" for the most part since Blog Search was an option. I'll just keep on my current path and hope that one day they like me better. And if not... well, I can't control them, but I think it's a pretty good site nonetheless and I suppose that's what really matters.

nevetS, Jul 17, 2006 IP
  4. MikeSwede

MikeSwede Peon

Best Answers:
    but I found a new spam site here today:
    site:tksa.jp

This site is just text with mumbo jumbo text with links to gr.jp AND...

Results 1 - 10 of about 7,550,000 from gr.jp for . (0.15 seconds)

This was 5 millions this morning so I guess they got 2 million more spam pages in one day, and my pages are still supplemental!

MikeSwede, Jul 17, 2006 IP
  5. Toolz

Toolz Peon

Best Answers:
    My general PR direction was down, but traffic from google is up, go figure...

Toolz, Jul 17, 2006 IP
  6. SEOMumbai

SEOMumbai Peon

Best Answers:
    Same here. SERP up, Traffic up , PR down one point. Only Google knows.

SEOMumbai, Jul 18, 2006 IP