1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is PageRank still a webmasters concern?

Discussion in 'Google' started by wolfcry, Apr 25, 2009.

hello,

Regarding PageRank, I've read somewhere that PR means absolutely nothing these days to Google. Is this true?

I heard google was in the process of completely removing this system as it has been deemed unfair due to google bombing, link farming etc.

I, personally, never been a huge fan because it never really reflects the sites true value. I own a site that receives anywhere from 300,000 - 500,000 hits a week but the PR is anywhere from 2 - 3. The funny thing is 70% of all my unique hits come from google. Domestic and international lol.

wolfcry, Apr 25, 2009 IP
  2. AlbertMARKET

AlbertMARKET Peon

Best Answers:
    Webmasters always will be because it is what determines the cost and authority of a site.

AlbertMARKET, Apr 25, 2009 IP
  3. kandyan

kandyan Peon

Best Answers:
    No matter what is the PR.
    We just want more traffic.

kandyan, Apr 25, 2009 IP
  4. bazish

bazish Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes you are right in sense of google page rank shown against daily hits to your site, as page rank based on back links and back links are always some where else then the origional site links you have to your site.
    thats why some one quoted...
    "Web Links works & Google Links S.?.ks"

bazish, Apr 25, 2009 IP
  5. Bear Grylls

Bear Grylls Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes..that's 100% right..

I created a site last week..and it's already beating popular sites like timesofindia for some popular keywords..

Bear Grylls, Apr 25, 2009 IP
  6. effektz

effektz Active Member

Best Answers:
    PR and SERP are different, I have PR 0 sites that bring in more search traffic than my PR4 site.

I do think PageRank is still something all webmasters are concerned about but it's not as important as it used to be

effektz, Apr 25, 2009 IP
  7. bazish

bazish Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes you are right, PageRank still is something which currently used by webmasters to earn money by setting there clients sites higher page rank.
    but it doesnt matter, what if someone never sent there site to google to crawl?
    but used yahoo site explorer to submit its site to there database and have many SERP then from google.???
    doest that mean site has less importance then others...????

bazish, Apr 25, 2009 IP
  8. traian13

traian13 Peon

Best Answers:
    PR doesn't does not mean high traffic. You may have a PR5 site on a niche that is not very popular ... and you will get less traffic than many many sites that have PR2 on very popular niches ...

traian13, Apr 25, 2009 IP
  9. Ignacio21

Ignacio21 Guest

Best Answers:
    Everything is said, PR and traffic are just different things.

If you plan to sell links and don't care about any other way to earn money, just look at pagerank.

My advice is like other users say, look for traffic and write for the people that visit you, not for pagerank.

Ignacio21, Apr 25, 2009 IP
  10. need.sc

need.sc Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree with the others. Traffic first my pagerank follow later, but i am not looking for that in first place.

need.sc, Apr 25, 2009 IP
  11. lycos

lycos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think it's that simple by just removing the PR system. Abuses will still take place regardless of whether it is around or not.

lycos, Apr 25, 2009 IP
  12. kevin hemminger

kevin hemminger Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I like to think of PR as a websites ability to rank effectively on short (1 or 2 combo), high competition keywords. Being PR0 you can still rank well on more obscure long tail searches. On the other hand, there is no way in the world you're taking #1 on a difficult, highly competitive keyword vs a PR5 website unless you are also PR5, where both sites are SEO'ed on-site properly and have the appropriate anchor text in links pointing to them.

PR is just one of the aspects necessary. You need PR, you need anchor text in links pointing to your site, then there is age of site, age of the backlinks, incoming links from related sites, etc. PR is just 1 aspect of SEO. For instance, a PR3 website will probably beat a PR5 website on the keyword "blue fuzzy widgets" if all the links to the PR3 site say "blue fuzzy widgets" and the links to the PR5 don't have those terms in the anchor text ... even though each website is optimized well for that keyword. It wouldn't take many proper-anchor-text links for the PR5 website to outdo the PR3 however.

kevin hemminger, Apr 25, 2009 IP
  13. Nystul

Nystul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PR is a fast gauge.

Nystul, Apr 25, 2009 IP
  14. metros

metros Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Unless you are going to make a Major poll you cannot get an answer of the majority nor minority of the webmasters concerns.

In my point of view I think that the important thing is to have a quality website/blog/service - With that you'll have a good PR (So you wont need to be concerned).

metros, Apr 25, 2009 IP
  15. DnWebMarketplace

DnWebMarketplace Banned

Best Answers:
    You can concern at your PR only when you Text Link or Paid Review addict...if you go with Adsense or Affiliate...your concern only for TRAFFIC and CONVERT IT

DnWebMarketplace, Apr 25, 2009 IP
  16. gerrypo

gerrypo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Focus on content and links and pagerank will take care of itself.

gerrypo, Apr 25, 2009 IP
  17. kbeus21

kbeus21 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't really think page rank means much I mean I reached the first page in serps for make money free so I have 100 million sites that came up with me and I have not even been given rank. I really think google is redoing the whole page rank system and hopefully will be able to find a way on how to rate a site though I feel that no matter how much they change the way they rank a site it will not matter since there will always be ways to cheat.

kbeus21, Apr 25, 2009 IP
  18. cool_78

cool_78 Guest

Best Answers:
    Well PR is still the bread and butter for the majority of webmasters out there. But personally I am more concerned with serps than pr.

cool_78, Apr 26, 2009 IP
  19. lordofthering2008

lordofthering2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    You are quite true and about PR. It does not reflect Google traffic. After all every webmaster intention is to get traffic. I receive same traffic for some of my sites even PR is high or low.

lordofthering2008, Apr 26, 2009 IP
  20. seopositive

seopositive Guest

Best Answers:
    It is right that PR is nothing for google, google only see the backlinks of the site if the site has lot of back links then it do on google first page.

seopositive, Apr 26, 2009 IP