1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Digg.com, How Do I benefit from it?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by monishka, Apr 24, 2009.

Hello,

I was going through Digg.com, I see its full of news and updates from different part of the world.I see lot of search engine marketers are telling that digg.com can help to get lot of traffic on my site.But the methods they have shown are very complicated.I seeking a very simple advice in simple language, how do I benefit from Digg.com?

monishka, Apr 24, 2009 IP
  2. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I would not worry too much about it. I don't think it does much in the long run. It is good for some attention but it does not last long. You will get a crazy spike in traffic though. Hitting page one will crash most servers much like getting slashdotted.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Apr 24, 2009 IP
  3. ceylonking

ceylonking Peon

Best Answers:
    In terms of SEO you are getting zero benefits. But your site will be exposed to lot of new visitors given that you are running news worthy articles which worth a digg. I manged to get over 500 daily visitors purely from digg, stumble upon and reddit when I first started out. Back then my organic traffic was virtually negligible so social media did all the work. Even at that time I was earning over $1000 from my blog so do not under estimate the power of social media.

Please spend some time in Digg and study the articles which gets lot of Diggs. It will help you a lot if you want succeed with them.

ceylonking, Apr 24, 2009 IP
  4. chev11

chev11 Peon

Best Answers:
    for digg to success you have to get many friends on it, for me I use it to get indexed fast

chev11, Apr 24, 2009 IP
  5. gr8liverpoolfan

gr8liverpoolfan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you're new, and have some great content, Digg can go a long way in making you popular.

If a post is liked and dugg, you'll get plenty of traffic. You can convert those people into repeat readers by asking them to subscribe to your feed. If your blog is really good, they'll do that.

Then you slowly build up dedicated readers, and blog your way to success.

gr8liverpoolfan, Apr 24, 2009 IP
    metros likes this.
  6. Chancey

Chancey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you could get to the top page then you could get a lot of traffic from Digg.

Chancey, Apr 25, 2009 IP
  7. btucker

btucker Peon

Best Answers:
    Add number of friends and join some powerful and useful community groups on digg first.
    then post your article with good informative content and share to all your friends and groups. by this you will definitely get better traffic to your site.
    May digg is not for long time result but it is a good source for high traffic.

btucker, Apr 25, 2009 IP
  8. Marik

Marik Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeah,i get 5k visitors when my story come to the front page,i love digg.com very much , it is helpful to get traffic for you
    THANKS

Marik, Apr 25, 2009 IP
  9. kbeus21

kbeus21 Peon

Best Answers:
    Try not to worry so much on one specific site I would recommend using the top twenty social bookmarking sites and submitting any time you update or change something in your site.

kbeus21, Apr 25, 2009 IP
  10. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digg help you to get indexed by search engine and if your article is interesting enough, digg will generate good traffic to your site

lifeplayer, Apr 25, 2009 IP
  11. arrisweb

arrisweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes, check out cat persil
    first position is digg.com for that keyword, maybe not cool, but it's someting nice .........

arrisweb, Apr 25, 2009 IP
  12. metros

metros Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As gr8liverpoolfan said,
    It is a great place to start and let other peoples knowing about your website/blog.

You should use it :)

metros, Apr 25, 2009 IP
    sultanofseo likes this.
  13. monishka

monishka Peon

Best Answers:
    Most of the topics on digg.com are general purpose, someone likes a tv show, some likes a speech by known person or someone like a method of cooking. How does it helps in real business.
    Can i get real customers on my site? what shall i write about on digg so people come and ask for my services

monishka, Apr 26, 2009 IP
  14. gr8liverpoolfan

gr8liverpoolfan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What kind of site are you running?

gr8liverpoolfan, Apr 26, 2009 IP
  15. Mega B

Mega B Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The only thing i use Digg for these days is that you can be picked up by the search engines very quickly.

Mega B, Apr 26, 2009 IP
  16. Koochook

Koochook Peon

Best Answers:
    but how would you use digg to get traffic? what would be your 'modus operandi' when approaching digg?

Koochook, Apr 26, 2009 IP
  17. Koochook

Koochook Peon

Best Answers:
    or any other social media websites for that matter

Koochook, Apr 26, 2009 IP
  18. splendidboy

splendidboy Member

Best Answers:
    You use the Digg to promote your great articles. The more weird your articles, the more traffic you'll get. People always searching the different and interesting articles. Besides, digg provide many categories to classify your articles. By this, people will much more easy to find which story they want to read. So, what you need to do b4 submit your url is do a research in what categories or what kind of story the hottest one. Surely, you can boost up your traffic. That the modus operandi of digg. Thanx

splendidboy, Apr 26, 2009 IP
  19. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    digg offers multiple benefits. it is a dofollow site meaning you are getting a backlink. your you also get your site indexed bu submitting to digg (used to work lot better but now a days no guarantee). you get some free traffic if your story is somwwhat popular. i get few hubdred visits per month from digg to a page which only has 39 diggs. if you can manage to get on the front page, then you get traffic storn which is known as "the digg effect"

sultanofseo, Apr 26, 2009 IP
    metros likes this.
  20. hostinghelp24

hostinghelp24 Banned

Best Answers:
    For getting success at digg.com u have to collect many friends.

hostinghelp24, Apr 26, 2009 IP