1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

should israel withdraw from west bank unilaterally

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by pizzaman, Apr 24, 2009.

professor Oren, speaking in Georgetown University, said in a lecture there last month, "The only alternative for Israel to save itself as a Jewish state is by unilaterally withdrawing from the West Bank and evacuating most of the settlements."
    interesting point of view. i have to think about this. care to share your opinion?

pizzaman, Apr 24, 2009 IP
  2. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Of course it should, but that's not new. Of course everyone's opinion differs, but personnally I think they are the problem ever since I started knowing about this conflict in my young years :)

JamesColin, Apr 24, 2009 IP
  3. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes it should. The sooner the better. Settlers are just that, illegally and unfairly stealing territory from the Palestinian people.

guru-seo, Apr 24, 2009 IP
  4. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    coud this create a gaza like sitution. If it is done unilaterally it means that everything will be done the way they want. palestanians will have no input

pizzaman, Apr 24, 2009 IP
  5. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There should be a fair settlement on both sides that will allow both sides to save face. This is the only way they both could get out of this without dragging this into the future any longer.

pingpong123, Apr 24, 2009 IP
  6. yebel89@gmail.com

yebel89@gmail.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Land for peace worked with Egypt and there is a strong treaty there, but history has shown that with the Palestinians it does not work.

Israel pulled out of Gaza. The next thing that happened was that Hamas was elected and rockets started hitting Sderot.

Once the Palestinians renounce violence and disband the armed terrorist groups, Israel will recognize that there is a legitimate peace partner. But how can you expect Israel to negotiate with Hamas whose political charter (see their website) calls for the destruction of Israel?

yebel89@gmail.com, Apr 25, 2009 IP
  7. ChaosTrivia

ChaosTrivia Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am an Israeli who strongly support a unilateral withdrawal of army and civilians from (most of) the west bank. This is the smartest thing we can do at this stage given the circumstances.

ChaosTrivia, Apr 25, 2009 IP
  8. yebel89@gmail.com

Best Answers:
    It would lead to a civil war. It would be on such a larger scale than the disengagement and look what happened there. If it does happen, it should be internationally funded so the predicament of the Gush Katif citizens is not replayed.

I don't see why Jews can't be a minority in the Palestinian state. There are 100s of thousands of Arab Muslims in Israel with full rights.

9. ChaosTrivia

ChaosTrivia Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oops!! I meant to take out the settlers, leave the military. Go to the U.N and say: "who wants to take responsibility for this piece of land, because we don't want to do that anymore".

No, it would not lead to a civial war. To have a civil war you need two more or less balanced fractions. I don't see 100,000 people (tops, if all of them would fight!) stand up against 5 million.

I was not talking about a palestinian state. This will come only once the "palestinians", will know who/what they are, and what actually is it that they want.

ChaosTrivia, Apr 25, 2009 IP
  10. yebel89@gmail.com

Best Answers:
    It's not just settlers who would be protesting the pullout. It would every person who voted for likud, yisrael beiteinu, yichul leumi, habayit hayehudi. There's a reason Nentenyahu is PM now, the right is popular.

11. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    i think it is a good idea also. they can turn the control of islamic religious site to jordan to defuse that situation.a litttle part of east jerouslem and it is a done deal.but will israel gives up a fair amount? why not let the palestanians govern themselves? why do they need the UN?

pizzaman, Apr 26, 2009 IP