1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I GOT A NEW SERVER WHO WANTS IN?!? 10$ Per Year

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by CharlesFolly, Mar 22, 2009.

1. jpinheiro

jpinheiro Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I see Boldpal.com along with my sites are down that are hosted their.
    When are they going to be back up?

Thanks,
    John

jpinheiro, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  2. blacksurfer

blacksurfer Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for confirming that you will honor previous contracts.

But this thread keeps getting stranger and stranger. Mr. Folly just purchased this server. Why would he sell from a single request to buy the business for $900.00? (With a lawyer to approve!)

blacksurfer, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  3. sakeura

sakeura Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    We are sorry for downtime he have been mading some cleaning to the server as you all know boldpal is now mine and as i stated before i would make it better and with more options. So dont worry btw sites should be working now if not clear your cache and cookies and reload site bye.

Have a great day Boldpal Clients

sakeura, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  4. CharlesFolly

CharlesFolly Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Well although I do have a lot of knowledge on servers and ect... I am type of person that needs everything to be perfect. I want to keep a clean reputation for my clients.

After I got everything setup I was thinking of selling the site. But speak of the devil Mr. Baker messaged me and everything worked out perfectly.

Also i think you got our definition of an expensive lawyer wrong. What I mean by lawyer is a cheap online lawyer who will verify our contract and make sure everything is legal. Not a lawyer who travel around with to sue people.

I want the best for the people at Boldpal like you Darren (blacksurfer). You defended me all the way through this forum. And helped prove that we are an honest and reliable company.

I just feel I am not the best candidate. My specialty is automatic sites where revenue is obtained through hard promotion.

Well I hope you understand, and I'll miss all my clients and all the work we had done to Boldpal.

PS.
    I did not fire my techs in these bad economic times. Mr. Baker agreed to buy the company with my techs. :)

-Charles :)

CharlesFolly, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  5. jpinheiro

jpinheiro Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    My sites are back up and everything is working now for my site

jpinheiro, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  6. phper

phper Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    i think anyone with half a brain will find this change of ownership suspicious so i wouldn't even bother to elaborate. strange how he suddenly became so stupid considering the last scam was so cleverly planned that even after his admission and his previous hosting account being suspended a few people still trusted him. probably he was drunk when he did this or he just got tired of having to play the trick for so long. narating his fake scenario surely is very tiring. just look at how many times he edited his messages (after realising he said something that could reveal his lies).

my suggestion to those who are still risking their business with this guy is, let him know that he can't run away from his reponsibilities by faking this take over. make it clear that if anything happens - his hosting account is suspended again, things are not what were promised anymore, etc - you will reflect it in his CharlesFolly account's reputation and/or itrader.

hopefully then he will think twice about continuing whatever he is planning on doing.

phper, Apr 21, 2009 IP
  7. jpinheiro

jpinheiro Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I think I can trust it for now but if anything happens like that I will definitely have a problem with the hosting providers but for now everything is going ok so I will stick with them for now.

:)

jpinheiro, Apr 21, 2009 IP
  8. jpinheiro

jpinheiro Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hello,

I have ordered an unlimited sharing hosting plan about 6-8 hours ago my account is not activated im still waiting even though it says instant activation.

I have posted a support ticket no one has answered it still. I would like to have my account activated already.

So can you please go in and activate my account. My account email is "JneroCorp@live.com" and my order # is "Order Number: 7169920779" I also tried calling multiple times no one ever answers even though it says that its 24/7 support over the phone.

Thanks,
    John

jpinheiro, Apr 21, 2009 IP
  9. sakeura

sakeura Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I dont know what seems to be your problem but if the hosting has been running smoothly for more than a week when the thing happened i decided to buy it from him and help this people who were having problems with the hosting, as i said before boldpal is here to stay and i am going to make it one of the best hosting out there and you can talk all you want but as long as hosting working fine you are talking and making up things for nothing.

Hello Mister John,

Your account Was not setup instantly beacuse you had registered already with the domain before and then you bought another package with same domain so there was an error and it didnt setup Anyways Everthing is fine now and working 100 percent fine.

sakeura, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  10. jpinheiro

jpinheiro Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Everything is up and running 100% Thanks for all the work guys

Thanks,
    John

jpinheiro, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  11. phper

phper Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    WOW!! your english suddenly improved dramatically since CharlesFolly "quit" DP!! is he your private english tutor now? lol!!

you also seem to have learnt his cheesy lines as well. yeah right, you do business, you spend money and get money from your customers just to help people right? ever heard of charities? or not-for-profit orgs? sounds like much better ways to help people to me, and they don't need you to lie to your customers in order to "help" them too.

it's good that the hosting is working fine now. but just make sure that it stays this way, then you won't need to worry about me busting your ass.

btw, how is the process of the take over going? boldpal's customers here deserve the right to know. last they heard here was just that there was only a verbal agreement. is it all done now? are you 100% the owner of boldpal now? is CharlesFolly 100% out of boldpal now?

if so, for those who have purchased from him, will they get a refund if they want? because the purchase of the hosting service was with CharlesFolly, not with you, and now with him selling the business, he essentially broke the agreement. this of course is not true in the case where if boldpal is a legal entity on its own (e.g.: a company), which i doubt it is (which also made the "lawyer approving contracts" part of the scenario a more laughable joke than it already is).

also, how come this change of ownerships was only communicated here? what about customers who are not on DP, don't they have the right to know too?

phper, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  12. zuly

zuly Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 4
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    again @phper the server is still there, it's been there for more then a week now and i had no problems with downtime or slowness. I'm not saying that this means that it will be here for life time like it was said it will be, i'm just saying that so far everything that was said it was delivered.

Also cPanel has been redesigned and it is now looking more to the BoldPal main page (and i can say that it looks awesome), i don't know but with everything that is going on i'm getting less and less skeptical when it comes to this situation. I don't understand why would anybody go through such a hassle to just scam people, or are they so much devoted to scamming.....

Maybe you should think a little bit on us (the current users over there) cause if you keep attacking boldpal on new threads they won't be having new customers and that won't be good for business, which means bad news also for us.

I know that your heart is in the right place but don't attack so much cause that way you could really turn this site in to a scam and you will be right after all.....

Regards

zuly, Apr 23, 2009 IP
  13. pmt14

pmt14 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I sent phper a PM about my dealings with Mr. Folly. Lost $500 on his coaching. He (CharlesFolly) decided to change the rules mid-stream. But that is okay I have filed a dispute with PayPal, Visa, my bank account, and online government fraud sites listing boldpal, proudstores.com (which Mr. Folly said was his business account) and hivelocity.com since he purchased a server from them as places that may know of Mr. Folly's scam. I tried it the nice way to get my $500 back no luck. We will see where this goes. You live and learn don't ya.

pmt14, Apr 23, 2009 IP
  14. phper

phper Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @zuly:

regarding the update on the design etc, you probably missed one of my previous messages, where i posted a link to his thread where he was looking for a partner with technical knowledge. he doesn't have to go into much work to do the update. he just needs to get his techie partner to do it, presumably for free with the promise that after they start to make profit the profit will be split.

sorry but i already warned you guys from the start. you've been informed and you decided to take the risk. what i am and have been doing is simply revealing his past scam. some people may still sign up after what i post because they believe he will not scam again, or because the nature of their business is worth the risk. at least then they will make an informed decission, not like what i almost did.

also, if he has really decided to stop his scam (note that he already admitted that he did run a scam when his server was still with jkookserv), he should have no problems proving that and shouldn't need to be afraid and staged the takeover. but if he's still planning another scam, soon enough you guys will lose your account again anyway. i'd rather seeing him walk away losing money as a result of his own scam rather than seeing him running away richer.

@pmt14:
    thanks for the info and good luck!

i'm not sure how much this would help / complicate / affect anything, but there's a chance that this guy actually lives in Canada, not in California U.S. as he said.

whois details for proudstores.com: http://who.godaddy.com/WhoIs.aspx?domain=proudstores.com&prog_id=godaddy
    but again, this could be yet another fake address like his golf course address in california.

i was going to wait until sakeura replied to my previous message before posting this, but now that we're already on the whois topic, it's been 1 week since the supposedly takeover but boldpal.com is still under the same Sam Seo a.k.a Charles Folly a.k.a Steven a.k.a Charles Steven Folly: http://who.godaddy.com/WhoIs.aspx?domain=boldpal.com&prog_id=godaddy

--- EDIT ---

I just found that this was not the first time this guy tried to scam people here. Before boldpal this guy used different usernames (which are now all banned) and tried to sell as hostpug.com and http://proudstores.com/affiliatehop.html . More details here:
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?p=11251186#post11251186

phper, Apr 23, 2009 IP
  15. blacksurfer

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm just curious on how you lost $500 for supposed free advice?

blacksurfer, Apr 24, 2009 IP
  16. pmt14

pmt14 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Okay everyone here is the deal. I was stupid! He stated we needed a marketing campaign for the website he supposedly was designing and asked how much money I could afford. There you have it $500. He was to put up $500 and I was to put up $500. Then I started reading this mess in this forum and decided to ask for my money back. Well of course he keep putting me off. So I filed a dispute with PayPal and Boldpal. Boldpal instantly responded to me and is refunding my money for hosting that Mr. Folly said I had to use his company for my website. You are exactly right FREE. However when I asked for my money back he claimed he had already put in 20+ hours designing my website and he would have to talk to his lawyer about if first I would have to wait. I knew right then it was gone. If he was an up and up he would have refunded I would applaud him and move on. Sorry nothing good to say about him.

Boldpal was nice enough to send me this information.

We will be happy to refund you right away.

Also may I please know more about Charles Folly?

As we filed a legal complaint against him for using our company. Boldpal was
    not his to start off with. He privately emailed us claiming to be a big shot
    "affiliate genius".

However we did not know he was going to damage our reputation on multiple
    forums and make up stupid stories about us. Lastly as for your complaint,
    hivelocity.com is our server provider and also boldpal.com is our domain
    that we own. We are in no way responsible for what Mr. Folly had done to
    you.

We also have tried contacting legal help through lawyers but it seems that
    online cases are over $7000. So we are forgetting this happened and
    refunding anyone that was tricked by Charles Folly. We have been trying to
    track Mr. Folly for several days now due to all of these emails I am
    getting. The last email I tracked was pinged from a city in Nigeria.

One positive word of advice, I highly doubt Charles Folly is an existing
    name. I am a 100% sure that this is a man or kid in Nigeria playing with our
    heads. I would count my losses and move on, as the FCC does not investigate
    oversea scams. I have been furthering research and looks like the first
    email I was sent was by the name of Sam Seo. But then a few weeks later
    another email that was similar came from Charles Folly. Both of the IP's
    were exactly the same. As if you send an email to we have
    all of the info needed. The way I see it is that Ebay Nigerian scams ae not
    effective anymore and they found new ways to do this. A scammer will always
    be on networks like Tor and would never reveal his identity. To fight this
    we need to track him down first and report our discoveried to the right
    legal centres.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

If you have anymore questions please feel free to contact me once again.

And we would like to work with you in regaining your money back from Mr.
    Folly.

Regards,

- Steve (Real owner of Boldpal.com)

They sent an email to Mr. Folly to refund my money and this is the email I received from Mr. Folly.
    On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 7:32 PM,

> Again Charles,
    >
    > I am asking for a full refund of my $500 for which services were not
    > rendered.
    >
    > Thank you
    >
    > > Hello Patrick,
    > >
    > > You think this is that easy now? According to an email from Boldpal you
    > > already reported me to the FTC and everywhere. You claimed I am a
    > scammer.
    > > So why would I refund your money knowing I have to deal with everything
    > > now
    > > afterwards. As far as I am concerned I am keeping your $500 unless paypal
    > > tells me otherwise. You also are not accepting what you have paid for. I
    > > am
    > > playing this legally with paypal.
    > >
    > > -Charles
    > >
    > > On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 7:27 PM, wrote:
    > >
    > >>
    > >> Hello Charles,
    > >>
    > >> I have already filed a dispute with PayPal. You should have received
    > >> information from PayPal.
    > >>
    > >> I again am requesting a refund of my $500 from which you have and should
    > >> have no problem in refunding.
    > >>
    > >> Thank you.
    > >>
    > >>
    > >> > Hello,
    > >> >
    > >> > Did you even read my last email?
    > >> >
    > >> > I said please file a dispute and lets do this legally with Paypal. I
    > >> know
    > >> > a
    > >> > 100% i will win the dispute as I did not scam you. So please file a
    > >> > dispute
    > >> > and we can do this legally.
    > >> >
    > >> > -Charles
    > >> >
    > >> > On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 7:18 PM, wrote:
    > >> >
    > >> >> Thank you for your replay Mr. Folly,
    > >> >>
    > >> >> Again I am requesting a refund of $500 to my paypal account.
    > >> >>
    > >> >> Thank you for your time.
    > >> >>
    > >> >> > Hello,
    > >> >> >
    > >> >> > I just got an email from Boldpal saying.
    > >> >> >
    > >> >> > Email from Boldpal to Mr. Folly> >> >> >

> >> >> > Hello Mr. Folly
    > >> >> >
    > >> >> > We no longer wish to work with you in your online scams. We had 2
    > >> >> clients
    > >> >> > so
    > >> >> > far who emailed us to complain about you luring them into some get
    > >> >> rich
    > >> >> > quick scam. We acknowledge that you deliver what you promise ie.
    > >> >> website,
    > >> >> > marketing. But we see that you are not refunding money over $300.
    > >> This
    > >> >> is
    > >> >> > a
    > >> >> > bad image on our company, and we think it is time you stopped
    > >> >> > impersonating
    > >> >> > us. We are reading that you sold your company, which you did not
    > >> even
    > >> >> own
    > >> >> > to
    > >> >> > start off with. I demand you refund these two people now and we can
    > >> be
    > >> >> on
    > >> >> > our way. I understand your a poor nigerian who needs to scam in
    > >> order
    > >> >> to
    > >> >> > live. But you should not take people's hard earned cash. Looks like
    > >> >> you
    > >> >> > have
    > >> >> > been reported to the FTC and multiple places.
    > >> >> >
    > >> >> > -Steven
    > >> >> >
    > >> >> > -------------
    > >> >> >
    > >> >> > Well its official. Everyone thinks I am scammer. Well Patrick, my
    > >> >> > conclusion
    > >> >> > is to do this legally with paypal first. As you have insulted me
    > >> >> greatly
    > >> >> > by
    > >> >> > not even asking me and filing everything. See what paypal thinks
    > >> >> first.
    > >> >> If
    > >> >> > Paypal favors you, I will refund your money. And for the record I
    > >> only
    > >> >> > lied
    > >> >> > about three things. I never really owned Boldpal, I was acting as
    > >> an
    > >> >> > affiliate. and secondly I am located in Bangladesh, thirdly I never
    > >> >> > revealed
    > >> >> > my true name. So in the case of FTC doing anything, I laugh at that
    > >> >> > effort.
    > >> >> >
    > >> >> > Good luck to you.
    > >> >> >
    > >> >> > -Charles

pmt14, Apr 24, 2009 IP
  17. pmt14

pmt14 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @phper was right from the beginning and if you still believe in him (Mr.Folly) then that is your decision.

I am new to this and I learned quickly.

Good Luck!

pmt14, Apr 24, 2009 IP
  18. blacksurfer

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Interesting....

blacksurfer, Apr 24, 2009 IP
  19. phper

phper Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @pmt14:
    Thanks again for sharing.

I read the emails and I have to tell you, if you see the whole stories of how CharlesFolly ran his scams, I think you'll find reasonable ground to believe that HE IS the owner of boldpal.com. I think he is now trying to save his ass by using double identities, trying to convince you the one that you're after is not traceable so that you stop pursuing him.

One thing I found about CharlesFolly was that he has limited technical knowledge himself who tries to fool other non-tech-savvy people. I'm a technical person and this sentence both doesn't make sense and cannot be true:
    1. You don't ping an email. This just doesn't make sense, showing the person saying this had no clue what he was saying.
    2. Generally speaking, you can't trace where an email was sent from. There's exceptions under very special circumstances, but I strongly doubt it's the case here.

pmt14, I understand if you're satisfied just by getting your refund. But I do wish someone, either yourself or someone else, will pursue further actions against this guy. Otherwise, looking at his behavioral patterns, he's not one that will stop here and now.

Last thing, does anyone know how to report about this guy using multiple accounts? I can only find the button to report a message but not for the whole account. God knows how many clones he's got here and how many people are still in risk of getting scammed by him.

phper, Apr 24, 2009 IP
  20. sakeura

sakeura Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    sakeura, Apr 24, 2009 IP