1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are DP content buyers honest?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by harvester, Apr 6, 2009.

1. webgal

webgal Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to say my experiences here have been positive. But then I don't take that many jobs from here--turn down more than I accept. So I'm picky and with a strong marketing push I can be. I'm even picky about jobs I refer to others. I don't work cheap so that knocks out a lot of DPers.

webgal, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  2. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    That's why I already covered both of those scenarios in my first response in this thread rather than assuming one way or the other. ;) My comments specifically about having to pay for any work done were in reference to your specific comment about not paying at all until every article is completed, pointing out why that may not be possible (or ultimately legal).

jhmattern, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  3. cormack2009

cormack2009 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that many buyers don't want to send money to a person they don't know. Just use your own example, just changing a few words:

so why give credit to a faceless content seller from the other side of the world, relying only on his or her decency to finish and deliver the articles?

cormack2009, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  4. Komicwords

Komicwords Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I found DP buyer are reliable as company quality should because they are serious seller too here,more over they could be more reliable since they are "merchant base"personal to personal experienced

Komicwords, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  5. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    There's a difference though: buyer's can't sell on credit, because they're not selling. They can only buy on credit given to them. When they pay up front, they're paying a retainer for someone's time to complete the work requested, which is actually quite normal in various service-oriented fields. It's also far easier to dispute a payment already made (via Paypal, bank, or credit card company) than it is to recover a time investment (which is a service provider's primary asset - if they're not paid for time spent on a project, they'll never get that time back to earn what they needed to earn that week, month, etc.). It's not just a case of giving them "credit" as in trusting them. And if clients can pay hundreds to thousands up front for professionals, there's very little reason for anyone serious about business to not be willing to pay up front for $5 - 10 article sets--unless of course they're concerned because they know it's a potentially irresponsible business decision for taking the cheap route to begin with. But of course, that's a risk they've chosen to take. And for the record, that's coming from someone who's both a writer and a buyer--I've hired a guy to write for one of my sites for quite a few months now, and I always pay him for each content set up front. When you bother focusing on qualified people rather than solely price, it's not really risky at all. They have a reputation to keep up.

jhmattern, Apr 16, 2009 IP
  6. bonarmedia

bonarmedia Peon

Best Answers:
    I do work on various sites in a variety of area's from web development to writing. I have found in my experience, it is always the writing jobs that I get 'stung' on

bonarmedia, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  7. charpatasiddha

charpatasiddha Peon

Best Answers:
    How many of them use their name as the author? And i hope moderaters wont do that definitely

charpatasiddha, Apr 24, 2009 IP
  8. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    What do clients have to do with moderators? And if a client pays you to ghostwrite, of course they can use their own name as the author--that's a big part of why they hire ghostwriters to begin with.

jhmattern, Apr 24, 2009 IP
  9. thewanderingpen

thewanderingpen Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, the suggestion that writers should get paid first may be nice until we realize that there are scammers who're pretending to be content producers or writers too. They can take advantage of such a deal. With that in mind, I'd suggest going 50-50...the buyer pays half of the price initially, and the other half upon completion.

That's just my opinion though.

thewanderingpen

thewanderingpen, Apr 24, 2009 IP
  10. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    That's really more a case of buyers not doing due diligence. If they choose to work with writers with little more than DP iTraders (which most people know are not reliable alone), they should do so knowing they're taking on a bigger risk. If they work with reputable writers who are highly experienced, have a professional site, have real testimonials from recognized clients (or at least clients willing to serve as personal referrals if someone wants to ask), and a solid portfolio, they minimize that risk as that writer has a real reputation to maintain.

jhmattern, Apr 24, 2009 IP
  11. zebno

zebno Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Being a content writer i always ask my clients to pay first. most of them did it..I trust DP buyers, Yes a few didnt pay even after their work done.. i have a couple of bad experiances that is way I always work with members that have high reputation & strong itader.

zebno, Apr 24, 2009 IP
  12. Ajeet

Ajeet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As a buyer of writing services, I must point out that I ONLY pay after the job is over. This way, the writer has to deliver and I check for plagiarism, basic grammar, etc, and then pay. Interestingly, I have never had a single person insist on upfront payment.

Agreed Jenn. The most basic form of due diligence is reading up posts made by the member. For instance, if you read posts by good writers, you know that they are the real stuff.

As a buyer, I must also point out that I like to get rock bottom prices. I have rarely paid more than a penny a word. This has led to an insanely high turnover of writers. Any bad 0.01 writer does not get a repeat job from me. But a good writer stops writing at 0.01 as they get jobs for more than that :D But I am ok with the high churn. To each one his/her own, I guess.

Ajeet, Apr 24, 2009 IP
    Helvetii likes this.
  13. Kunalbhatia

Kunalbhatia Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't mean to flame you, but I think your answer to the second quote explain your answer to the first quote. Your writers are never that good, hence you will obviously never pay upfront to them. There are good writers out there, and once you work with them, I am sure you wouldn't mind paying upfront.

Kunalbhatia, Apr 24, 2009 IP
  14. Ajeet

Ajeet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am not sure if you are talking to me. But if you are, please note that there really is not too much difference between paying upfront and paying later. Usually only a few days. And once one has worked on a few projects, no one really cares.

What I was really talking about was that someone note paying upfront is not automatically a problem.

Ajeet, Apr 24, 2009 IP
  15. Kunalbhatia

Kunalbhatia Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I was talking of your case. But anyways, whatever floats your boat :)

Kunalbhatia, Apr 24, 2009 IP
  16. AlbertMARKET

AlbertMARKET Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say to follow the iTrader policy and look at if they are a reputable member.
    Use your gut feeling before hiring them like if they are spelling correctly and if they are actually taking the time to capitalize their words rather than,

AlbertMARKET, Apr 24, 2009 IP
  17. justinlorder

justinlorder Peon

Best Answers:
    Good luck to you .
    Anyway I am honest content buyer .
    I used to buy database(content) and articles from here .
    I pay before the sellers deliver the content to me .
    As a seller you should insist your payment terms .

justinlorder, Apr 24, 2009 IP
  18. kevindill

kevindill Peon

Best Answers:
    I recommend you negotiate 1/2 of the money upfront for content writing and then the balance once your reach the 1/2 point and send them content which they agree is acceptable. Most people who are paying for content and needing it completed would pay the final balance if the first half is quality. After all, they risked the first half of the payment and it worked out. Why would getting paid for the second half upfront be different? This is safer for them as they are only out 1/2 the investment if the content provider jilts them. Otherwise, run it through an online escrow service if it is a lot of money. Good luck!

kevindill, Apr 24, 2009 IP
  19. wowhaxor

wowhaxor Banned

Best Answers:
    Most are good but like any BST section there are people out there looking to rip people off. I never sell anything, whether it be an article, ebook, coaching, links, program etc. without upfront payment. If someone is unwilling to do this it can be a bad sign.

wowhaxor, Apr 24, 2009 IP
  20. BacioiuC

BacioiuC Peon

Best Answers:
    I only had one experience with a content buyer here on DP and it was more then ok. I got my payment at the end of the week, after i delivered my articles. I had to trust him, and I'm glad I did that. I guess it's knowing how to "read" the buyer and trusting him.

BacioiuC, Apr 26, 2009 IP