1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to track different layout of same domain

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by jg_abad, Apr 24, 2009.

Hello,
    Lest say, there are two different design of same website. Now if i want to track the effectiveness of each design can any one suggest the way to track it.

Design will be automatically selected user visit the website. design modifications is being handled by CSS.

here what i m thinking is to create two separate analytic account for each design and compare the stat to evaluate the performance. But i think this is not the right solution, there must be some facilities to track such stats.

jg_abad, Apr 24, 2009 IP
  2. leo

leo Peon

Best Answers:
    Ever heard of Google Website Optimiser? It does ***exactly*** what you need and want.
    Rgds

leo, Apr 24, 2009 IP
  3. jg_abad

jg_abad Peon

Best Answers:
    yes, i know about Google website optimizer and having few ideas about it too. Currently i m doing my research on it. But still i want to know if any other way is there.

jg_abad, Apr 24, 2009 IP
  4. Tatvic Analytics

Tatvic Analytics Peon

Best Answers:
    Would the two different lay out have different URL ? If you can do that, with Default GA you can track.

If URL would remain same you can fire pagetracker._trackevent() function with appropriate arguments into it to track different lay out.

Hope this helps !

Thanks,
    Ravi Pathak

Tatvic Analytics, Apr 24, 2009 IP