1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The truth about linkbuilding that DP doesnt want to hear

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by jenny1985, Apr 9, 2009.

1. tariq1654

tariq1654 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Linkbuilding isnt about easy its about quality.

Ask yourself out all all these thousands of people here trying to make a living fulltime from these methods, how many actually are? Not many, thats because the same bad advice gets passed around and around

Agree with you. I've found several SEO providers, who promise to elevate ur pagerank high but when I checked their site found them PR0 or PR1 or PR2!!! They make lots of suggestions but all sucks.

tariq1654, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  2. jenny1985

jenny1985 Peon

Best Answers:
    thats what i said word for word? should that be in quotes?

Anyone offering a service that just inflates pagerank should not be used, it shows a complete misunderstanding of SEO

jenny1985, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  3. mattea5678

mattea5678 Peon

Best Answers:
    I always follow the points you have mentioned like check the page instead of homepage, Don't look for pr and always avoid spammy sites.

mattea5678, Apr 20, 2009 IP
  4. jenny1985

jenny1985 Peon

Best Answers:
    ?? what has that site go to do with me? or was it just spam

jenny1985, Apr 20, 2009 IP
  5. rorie12

rorie12 Peon

Best Answers:
    This is the kind of debate that makes learning SEO so frustrating but rewarding! Here we have opposite opinions from people who are presumably all successful SEOs. If PR is not so important anymore, is it just on-page factors, or some other measure of link/domain authority that puts PR 0 sites above PR 3 sites?

rorie12, Apr 20, 2009 IP
  6. vizmon

vizmon Peon

Best Answers:
    I must say I have to agree with the OP. Pagerank is overhyped and overrated. It has got no relevance whatsoever to how well your site is ranked in the search engines.

Take a look at this site http://reddiv.com/

It has a page full of affiliate links, throw in a terms and privacy page, plus a sitemap, and you get a PR3 site.

I know the PR is full of crap... because I own this site.

vizmon, Apr 23, 2009 IP
  7. GMBRDILOS

GMBRDILOS Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey guys, i can not understand is/are there any person/s who works at google? How can You say what is good and what is bad, what works and what not.You can just tell us Your opinion not more, and during my practice I saw what helps and what not and which is more important. I may say that either dir. submission or article submission or blog posting helps, which concerns to PR I think its still important, I buy and sell links and PR is very important for that factors. So if smth. plays a little role for some of You it can play great role for others.Dont wast Your time discussing arguable things that can be argued untill the end of Google, if it comes :)
    Thanks

GMBRDILOS, Apr 23, 2009 IP
  8. thefandango

thefandango Active Member

Best Answers:
    Whatever the opinions, it can't be disputed that google is narrowing the SEO field right down. Tricks no longer work the way they did, comment spam, mass directory submission, etc, all the old tricks are disappearing and TBH that makes things a lot simpler - so less to argue about in forums!

thefandango, Apr 23, 2009 IP
  9. diaadriansyah

diaadriansyah Peon

Best Answers:
    Good information for me,I think relevant contents with popular keywords will be better.

diaadriansyah, Apr 23, 2009 IP
  10. richromo

richromo Active Member

Best Answers:
    jenny- right or wrong you have certainly provoked some very good discussion and disagreement as well. One has to read this, and any other forum of its kind with a good amount of skepticism. If you are coming here to find the answer to seo, pr, google insight you are wasting your time. Many of those who submit here are knowledgable while others are not. Some of us make assumptions about google as they keep secrets about their algorithm......... DP has taught me to think on my own and not find a post and rely on it. I have also learned that what works for a blogger who just started his blog may not work for an e-commerce site. It matters little at all if I agree or disagree with you, but I respect your opinions and found them very thought provoking. Keep it up.

richromo, Apr 23, 2009 IP
  11. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To keep it short Link Building = Value + Relevance + Potentiality. Be 'Creative' not 'Greedy' during your link building strategy. When quality is there, link will follow. :)

Dreamchaser, Apr 23, 2009 IP
  12. Nakkers

Nakkers Peon

Best Answers:
    What was the point of starting your site? Was it to show your friends/competitors how big your green bar is or was it to make money by climbing in the results?

Did this increase in page rank cause your site to jump in the SERPS?

For the page rank chasers, when you think about buying/asking for a link from a site, do you only look at the page rank? Will you check out the site's history [was it a dropped domain and the content changed], are they backlinks related or are they purely there to build page rank and most importantly will the visitors to this site be tempted to click on your link [this will only really happen if the 2 sites are related]?

Nakkers, Apr 29, 2009 IP
  13. ramesh0082

ramesh0082 Peon

Best Answers:
    ghfgdfhdgdghthdtrhbyrtbwty

ramesh0082, Apr 30, 2009 IP
  14. lordofthering2008

lordofthering2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you. When it comes to PR most people just go through home page and do not check link page for PR and outbound links which is more important.

lordofthering2008, Apr 30, 2009 IP