1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Pageranking and my Website

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by CODForum, Apr 22, 2009.

I didn't know where to put this, but I thought that this section would be best
    We have setup a forum which you can find here:

Call Of Duty Forum - http://www.callofdutyboard(dot)com

It is only a 7-8 days old domain, but we are getting decent traffic, about 5 unique visitors per day
    I have done a PR check and I get 0, as I would expect
    Some of our users have posted a number of backlinks, but it seems like they are not getting registered, I thought that with some good quality PR 4-6 backlinks, traffic would shoot up within a couple of days to about 100 unique visitors per day?
    But we have been getting 5 uniques a day for a week now, why is this?

For those of you who don't know what "Call Of Duty" is, its a game, and it has a fanbase of about 5,000,000 users

So, I would like to know, even though our website is listed in PR4-6 webpages, why hasn't our PR gone up, and once our PR has gone up, will we get a lot of traffic through the search engines?

Thanks

CODForum, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  2. tdg89

tdg89 Peon

Best Answers:
    Your forum shows PR0 because it hasn't experienced a PR update yet. The next update will probably be somewhere around July. Backlinks only give you PR if the actual page the backlink is on has a PR higher than 0.

You should concentrate on the search engines. Post more backlinks in relevant blogs, wordpresses etc. Use anchor text. You could use 'call of duty forum', for instance. Backlinks bring in traffic only when people click on them.

5 uniques/day isn't much for a forum. But that's ok since it's only a few days old.

If you're going for PR, make sure you post your link on doFollow pages. Traffic will come as you rise in the search engine results.

tdg89, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  3. vansterdam

vansterdam Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Google only does mass PR updates several times a year. So to get PR you will have to wait for the next PR update. This is only the toolbar PR though. Google also has an actual PR that is constantly updating. They do not publish a site's actual PR anywhere though.

Getting rankings can take a while. You can't expect to jump ahead of well established sites just because you have a few good backlinks. Some of your competitors would have hundreds or maybe thousands of backlinks. You need to build up a stronger link profile than your competitors.

Your forum does have an issue that makes it un-seo friendly. From your homepage, your urls have some type of session id attached to them. Because of these session id urls, you only have 7 pages indexed in Google. You may need to resolve this problem before you can get any decent rankings.

vansterdam, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  4. kiduka

kiduka Peon

Best Answers:
    You need to do some serious SEO to get a good pr if you're domain is new, you shouldn't even worry about pr. Besides that you have to deal with the google sandbox for a minimum of 6 months before you can come out and compete to get traffic for your targeted keyword.

Keep building quality backlinks and don't even think about pr, it will pick up in time as long as you do SEO.

kiduka, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  5. teenwolf41

teenwolf41 Peon

Best Answers:
    Your site is new. Unless you get REALLY lucky, traffic won't be 20 times higher than normal in like 3 days. Also, there are tons of Call of Duty sites out there, so you have competition. Just because some of your members got some back links on some high PR sites doesn't mean you will see dramatically different results THAT fast.....good seo techniques takes several months/years to really pay off.

1. Ping your website every time it gets updated
    2. Have your site with the anchor text you want in forums you contribute to regularly.
    3. Social bookmark your site to get it indexed.
    4. Do link exchanges to get back links.

Promote promote promote. Good SEO sites have 10s of thousands of backlinks and have been up and running for years. You do have to be patient.

teenwolf41, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  6. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You need backlinks from higher PR pages to increase your PR. It's a new site, the next PR is nearly 2 months away so build more backlinks and you should see a PR increase.

jitendraag, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  7. welljy

welljy Peon

Best Answers:
    get PR you will have to wait for the next PR update

welljy, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  8. verticity

verticity Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Use "call of duty game forum" for backlinks

verticity, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  9. kesole

kesole Peon

Best Answers:
    Patience, my pal, is a virture...

kesole, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  10. mokmok69

mokmok69 Peon

Best Answers:
    Building quality links with high PR is more effective to increase your PR.

mokmok69, Apr 23, 2009 IP
  11. paulleviss

paulleviss Peon

Best Answers:
    Update your site frequently. Try to optimize your site's landing pages if your site has high bounce rate. Increase traffic from social networking sites and social bookmarking sites which can give you 1000-2000 visitors a day easily.

paulleviss, Apr 23, 2009 IP
  12. newlogo

newlogo Peon

Best Answers:
    its startup of your site and to get 100 visits per day, u need to get well rank in various search terms and good popularity of your site.

newlogo, Apr 23, 2009 IP
  13. jainmanoj

jainmanoj Peon

Best Answers:
    backlinks required but qualitative....also if possible from related sites...but never from adult sites....

jainmanoj, Apr 23, 2009 IP
  14. lalitnagrath

lalitnagrath Banned

Best Answers:
    Starting a forum isnt that easy , you need to be persistent in your efforts and always try new things

Page ank will go up soon mate

lalitnagrath, Apr 23, 2009 IP
  15. hostinghelp24

hostinghelp24 Banned

Best Answers:
    Making backlinks with higher PR page is effective i think

hostinghelp24, Apr 23, 2009 IP
  16. BigHef

BigHef Peon

Best Answers:
    Keep at it! One week is nothing, keep getting links and your rankings will slowly improve.

Don't worry too much about PR - worry about rankings and visitors instead.

BigHef, Apr 23, 2009 IP
  17. CODForum

CODForum Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the positive feedback and advice
    But I have decided to close the site down, because the domain had bad reputation with Google before I had even bought it
    And I was getting all sorts of users spamming adult links and videos on the forum
    So I decided to give up and do something else

CODForum, May 5, 2009 IP
  18. Drabdcesign

Drabdcesign Peon

Best Answers:
    Quality and relevant backlinks are important, Page Rank is not!

Drabdcesign, May 5, 2009 IP
  19. ericajoieake

ericajoieake Guest

Best Answers:
    start optimizing your site, you have to link your site to a good reputation and high on pr websites and then put hardwork on building quality backlinks.

ericajoieake, May 5, 2009 IP