1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Just curious... Why no google leaks?

Discussion in 'Google' started by steveinid, Mar 3, 2005.

1. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    It changes like the direction of the wind, can you see the wind change or can you feel it :confused: :p

You will never figure it out, we have already told you that if you had it today, it would not be worth anything next week ;)

anthonycea, Mar 3, 2005 IP
  2. steveinid

steveinid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You misunderstand. I'm not trying to figure it out. I haven't the time to do it. I am just wondering, openly, why no-one has come forward with some of the most sought after information. I see it daily. People wondering what google is up to now. Why are my sites dropping and why are others rising? Did they screw up in this update? Are they after affiliate sites?

Just curious. Nothing more.

steveinid, Mar 3, 2005 IP
  3. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    The same reason Coke and KFC keep their formulas secret, the advantage Google has over them is that they can change theirs. :)

anthonycea, Mar 3, 2005 IP
  4. Sharpseo

Sharpseo Peon

Best Answers:
    I kind of agree, but the government isn't the best example to use ;) Google is an extremely picky and intelligent organization when it comes to hiring practices. Living in DC, I've learned that the gov is not. Promotions are based almost exclusively on seniority, not performance or skill.

Also, the # of people with access to the G algo has got to be extremely small. And I guarantee they have security in place to absolutely prevent any data from escaping the machines that it's stored on.

Sharpseo, Mar 3, 2005 IP
  5. paymentapprovaltooslow

paymentapprovaltooslow Banned

Best Answers:
    Google is more stringent than the CIA when it comes to hiring..they weed out 95 percent of applicants..maybe more for the technical jobs. Software/algorithm jobs at google are the hardest to apply for and get hired.

paymentapprovaltooslow, Mar 3, 2005 IP
  6. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Would someone pay that much for an algorithim that could change at any moment? Besides it's not even that hard to figure out, if you had 10 million you'de be better off keeping 9 and paying a top SEO a mil to keep you at #1, all it is is good quality IBLs.

Besides I doubt that many people at Google actually know the algorithim, Google is a good emplyer and I'm sure the techs get paid a lot.

MattUK, Mar 4, 2005 IP
    T0PS3O likes this.
  7. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    Nothing has been heard from the fired employee for many reasons, one is i'm sure google has some form of gag clause. In many many cases, telling/selling trade secrets while you work for or have worked for a company can get you into a lot of legal trouble. Last thing most people want is to go to jail, which could quite possibly happen.

edit: slowpayment is right as well, they are not just going to hire any old person for the job. They take great care to make sure people will be as ethical as possbile.

wendydettmer, Mar 4, 2005 IP