1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Okay to Link Websites from The Same Host?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by leafracing, Mar 29, 2009.

I have 3 different domains (All relevant to the same niche) on the same hosting account

One of the domains has a PR 4

I want to link it to the other 2 sites on my hosting account so I can get some PR juice

I was told that if you link the sites together on the same host, Google will see this as the same IP and will not transfer PR to the other domains.

In fact, I was told that Google might even penalize me and hurt my PR if I link them all together on the same Host account.

Does anyone know if this is true?
    Thanks.

leafracing, Mar 29, 2009 IP
  2. c4gamerz

c4gamerz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i dont think so! i am using three sites of similar but a little different subject and have no problems with it. My first domain has a page rank of 2 and when i hosted my other two domains, one of it got page rank of 2 in just a period of month!

c4gamerz, Mar 29, 2009 IP
  3. 4chp

4chp Peon

Best Answers:
    As long as "each site is unique" and is in the same niche as your others then there is no issue linking to your other relevant network of sites IMO.

4chp, Mar 29, 2009 IP
  4. gegas

gegas Peon

Best Answers:
    i'm not quite sure about it, but almost all SEO master said that backlink from c class unique IP address is a must, if you need full power backlink.

gegas, Mar 29, 2009 IP
  5. leafracing

leafracing Peon

Best Answers:

Did you host all 3 domains on the same Hosting account?

leafracing, Mar 29, 2009 IP
  6. atniz

atniz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My best suggestion is to label it as "My Other Blogs" or "Friends and Family". I have tried it and so far I never get any penalty doing it. I don't think there will be a penalty for these kind of linking. Well, it has been tried and proven. I have 3 sites (2 PR3 and 1 PR2).

atniz, Apr 1, 2009 IP
  7. c4gamerz

c4gamerz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes thats what i said!

c4gamerz, Apr 17, 2009 IP
  8. iplanet77

iplanet77 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm pretty certain they won't penalize you for it. If you think about it, this is what a lot of big site networks do anyway, they link to all of their sister sites in their header using navigation tabs.

As for how much link juice it passes on, I don't think it would be as good as a link from a different IP/subnet, but I don't know for sure.

iplanet77, Apr 17, 2009 IP
  9. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    Google won't penalize you for only 3 sites and if they're all related (in the same niche) you will do better f you interlink them.
    Next time you might want to use SEO Hosting, especially if those are commercial sites.

zexy, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  10. windy

windy Active Member

Best Answers:
    i have few sites on one host and link them together.Google will only penalize you for a lot of sites, i think.

windy, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  11. srianto

srianto Peon

Best Answers:
    I have 8 domain with related niche with 4 PR3 and 3 PR1 on the same IP, I do interlinking from PR3 site to another PR3 and from PR3 to PR1.

What is the maximum links that can I put on each domain that I not will be finalize by Google.

Right now SREP 2 of my PR3 site is decrease and the rank jump from 1st and 2nd page to 15th page. Are the 2 sites finalize? How to act on this situation to bring back the SREP and rank to previous condition.

Any input and suggestion are welcome.

Thanks

srianto, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  12. shameem2008

shameem2008 Banned

Best Answers:
    they should have unique content and be on different ips

shameem2008, Apr 23, 2009 IP
  13. screamfine

screamfine Guest

Best Answers:
    I do the same and never had any problems with it. Different IPs are of course a good idea!

screamfine, Apr 28, 2009 IP