1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Shopster - Something some of you may be interested in...

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by James - AMWSO, Nov 15, 2005.

1. James - AMWSO

James - AMWSO Peon

Best Answers:
    Newbeing...The system as it stands will cost YOU nothing unless you decide to use the live help on your storefront...We'll also charge for data feeds further down the line which will be created for all the major shopping comparison engines...Right now we only have a feed for Froogle and they're not accepting our feeds any more which is no great surprise...The Froogle submission idea was a request from affiliates rather than something we proactively decided to implement...

James - AMWSO, May 8, 2006 IP
  2. NewBeing

NewBeing Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi James, I already knew that as I signed up when it was in beta and I have now got a site up and running. I was trying to find out the total cost for somebody if they signed up today with the referral code which gets you $99 off. I had put a message on the Shopster forum to try and get an answer.

NewBeing, May 8, 2006 IP
  3. rvidal

rvidal Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi James-

I sumbitted my email address before May 5th they said that I would get an email with a coupon or something. Do you know when I will get that email? I can't wait to get my store open.

rvidal, May 8, 2006 IP
  4. Oak Aged

Oak Aged Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting:
    I posted a reply on May 6th 2006, 1:51 pm, and now it's not there. Yet when I hit reply now, I can scroll down, and there it is. Just wondering: is something funny going on with the server? Or is something stinky going on with the thread? My reply asked questions about the inconsistencies in this deal and some problems on the website. Was it deleted to censor the apparent criticism? I'll wait to see what happens with this one before jumping to any conclusions.

Oak Aged, May 8, 2006 IP
  5. James - AMWSO

James - AMWSO Peon

Best Answers:
    There's no censorship here :) Please post whatever you wrote on 6th so i can reply...

Cheers.

james

James - AMWSO, May 9, 2006 IP
  6. NewBeing

NewBeing Guest

Best Answers:
    NewBeing, Jun 14, 2006 IP
  7. Tracilla

Tracilla Peon

Best Answers:
    Copy and paste this referral code when activaing your shopster :D account (7BNXLEHS4CHLA). This will save you the $99 activation fee. Hope this helps :)

Tracilla, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  8. topdog60

topdog60 Peon

Best Answers:
    Is the server down or something? I haven't been able to access my store or Shopster pages for over a week now.

topdog60, Jul 16, 2006 IP
  9. blackbug

blackbug Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm in my admin panel right now.

What errors do you get?

blackbug, Jul 16, 2006 IP
  10. topdog60

topdog60 Peon

Best Answers:
    Just the normal "can't find the page you are looking for" message.

topdog60, Jul 16, 2006 IP
  11. Fahd

Fahd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I had signed up during the beta, seems I can't login anymore. I thought the program was going to remain free to those who signed up during the beta period? Has this changed or was I mistaken?

Thanks!

Fahd, Jul 16, 2006 IP
  12. blackbug

blackbug Peon

Best Answers:
    It's free as long as you're making sales, did you let your shop lay dormant?

blackbug, Jul 16, 2006 IP
    Fahd likes this.
  13. Fahd

Fahd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ah thanks, that would explain it. I'd barely gotten started! :D

Fahd, Jul 16, 2006 IP
    blackbug likes this.
  14. ktaylor506

ktaylor506 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am very interested in shopster. I am trying the 7 day trail thing. Once you sign up I assume you get more inof and are able to see your store front. Also, where do you get a refferal code. If I have one, they are supposed to waive the intial fee... Thanks

ktaylor506, Jul 24, 2006 IP
  15. Fahd

Fahd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Does anyone else feel like this is too expensive for what it is? Especially considering they make a profit on products YOU sell for them?

Sounds like you're actually paying a monthly fee to be their private label affiliate!

Fahd, Jul 27, 2006 IP
  16. Halobitt

Halobitt Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In agreement here. The products seem readily available elswhere. Not the most competitive prices.

Halobitt, Jul 29, 2006 IP
  17. James - AMWSO

James - AMWSO Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi all,

Sorry I've been away for so long!

Fahd: Some accounts have been shut down due to inactivity. You don't actually have to make a sale every 3 months to keep your account, but if you do no work on your Shopster store for long periods of time, or there is no traffic going to it, then it will eventually get shut down. PM me your details and I'll see what I can do to reactivate your account (assuming you do want to work with shopster of course). N.B. We don't make money off the 3.5% that has been levied on retailers commission. (Not even close in fact). This has paid (a tiny proportion) of the system maintenance costs. Now that Shopster has introduced the monthly/annual subscription fees this charge will get eliminated.

Fahd & Halobitt: It depends what you're looking at in the virtual warehouse! Shopster is incredibly competitive on many products (700,000+). For some niches though it's impossible to have the best prices - especially electronics. In this niche many retailers will make a loss on some products just to get traffic/customers into their stores.

ktaylor506: Please sign up through this link to get a discount coupon: http://signup.shopster.com/freetrial/default.aspx?referrer=8BC69GCSBSMYF. You'll get added to AMWSO's list, and I'll give you all the help you need to get started. FYI the $99 discount coupon will be discontinued soon as we've just started an affiliate program through Shareasale.

Any other questions guys please email me at: James AT Shopster dot com.

James - AMWSO, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  18. Fahd

Fahd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks James,

I think I understand your target market better now! :)

Your target market is those people who would otherwise use a drop shipper. For them, shopster is definitely more cost effective than going through a drop shipper.

On the other hand, guys like me use private label affiliate opportunities to build a customizable site, promote and grow the brand, to sit back and watch the money pour in.

I guess you can't really cater to both types of marketers, however similar they may seem.

I did let my account go idle as I tried it initially and then decided to wait till you guys came out of beta, as at that time I don't think you supported domain hosting. It had to be on a subdomain (xxx.securesomething.com). I would definitely like to try the service again now that you are out of beta. Will send you a PM shortly.

Good luck with the service! :)

Fahd, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  19. James - AMWSO

James - AMWSO Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Fahd,

I got your PM and I'm working on reactivating your account. FYI You can have your Shopster store on any domain you like. You don't have to use the .secure2u.com domains if you don't want to...

Cheers.

James

James - AMWSO, Aug 2, 2006 IP
  20. eman

eman Peon

Best Answers:
    i just sign up i will see how it goes

eman, Sep 3, 2006 IP