1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Free php directory script

Discussion in 'PHP' started by just-4-teens, Apr 1, 2005.

i use the Free php directory script from biz directory and was wondering how do u mod it so it shows subcategries underneath the main categories instaed of having to click main cat to view sub cat.

also is there a way to display how many links are in each cat like dmoz and other directories do?

just-4-teens, Apr 1, 2005 IP
  2. branduin

branduin Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey there,

I had this same question a few weeks ago but got no response to my post. I found that the subcategories show up at The Directory Archives so I e-mailed the directory owner about it. I also e-mailed the contact person on the page for the free php directory script. What I found out was that the subcats used to show but that it makes for slower loading of the directory so it was removed from the current downloadable versions. The owner of The Directory Archives was nice enough to send me a copy of his original ZIP file that he downloaded so that I could try it with the subcategories though. I haven't had a chance yet but hope to this weekend. I'm hoping I can just load it and connect it to my existing database instead of starting totally from scratch. PM me if you would like to try the old version.

Branduin

branduin, Apr 1, 2005 IP
  3. DavidAusman

DavidAusman Peon

Best Answers:
    Just edit the PHP code. you should be able to control it

DavidAusman, Sep 22, 2005 IP
  4. alps6000

alps6000 Peon

Best Answers:
    How to customize the Free PHP Directory Script,I would like to know

alps6000, Jul 16, 2006 IP
  5. smatts9

smatts9 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can probably figure a way to use mysql_nuw_rows to count the number of links in each category.

Each link is probably saved into the DB with a category ID or soemthin and just count all the links with each specific category ID.

smatts9, Jul 16, 2006 IP
    bogart likes this.
  6. michaeljdennis

michaeljdennis Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd like to make the url show the category name and not the number any suggestions?

michaeljdennis, Oct 2, 2007 IP