1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Forum not index by google

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by knightofdawn, Apr 21, 2009.

How come that an SMF installed forum haven't indexed despite of 1000+ post/page only 16% have my site indexed by google. Are there any reason regarding with it?or any suggestion to have fully indexed nor with a higher percentage.

knightofdawn, Apr 21, 2009 IP
  2. Canonical

Canonical Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Having 16% of your pages indexed is not bad for a forum IMO. Just because I have 500000 pages on a site does not mean that Google will or should index them all. My guess is that very few of those forum pages have inbound links from other sites.

Canonical, Apr 21, 2009 IP
  3. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Forums have a lot of duplicate content, same questions being asked over and over.. Many people cross post their queries in multiple forums too. It will be difficult to get all your pages indexed. Make sure you have an RSS feed setup that SEs can crawl.

jitendraag, Apr 21, 2009 IP
    pipes likes this.
  4. knightofdawn

knightofdawn Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys for the replies.

knightofdawn, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  5. ktown3d

ktown3d Peon

Best Answers:
    Also, how active is your forum? That can play a role too for how much/how quickly you get indexed. Take the SA forums for example, they are massive but they get indexed heavily and quickly.

ktown3d, Apr 22, 2009 IP