1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Guest posts

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Alan Murray, Apr 20, 2009.

What is the best to go about making guest posts? How effective are they?

Alan Murray, Apr 20, 2009 IP
  2. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I normally become an active commentator on the blog. When I see blog owner responding to some of my comments and I see a 'write for us' section on the blog I contact them seeking permission to write a guest post.

I have found them to be really effective. They have helped me increase readers on one of my blogs and of course they provide you 'quality' backlink.

jitendraag, Apr 20, 2009 IP
    jenny1985 likes this.
  3. surfin4dough

surfin4dough Peon

Best Answers:
    Guest posting on a blog can be a huge advantage to your blog, especially if you have a new blog and you want to get some more traffic to it. It also gives you some reputability in your writing and as an author.

surfin4dough, Apr 20, 2009 IP
  4. manis

manis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    can anyone explain me in detail about guest posts?Where to find?

manis, Apr 20, 2009 IP
  5. akki123

akki123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Guest posts are the post which are made by the guests visiting the blog and are published with the permission of blog owner.

There is a huge advantage in writting and submitting a guest post as you will post your identity to the regular readers of perticular blog. also during the guest post you can include 2-3 links to your blog that means 2-3 backlinks to your site for free. this way you will have both the advatage 1. get more and more backlinks 2. set your identity so you will get your blog readers + readers of the blog where you have done guest post.

How to be a guest poster?

The common method is to write directly to the blog owner and get permission to write.
    but the best way is first you do more and more interactive commenting on the blog where you want to publish a blog post and than you ask blog owner to allow you to write some thing. this will sure increase your chances to publish a guset post.

hope all things are clear now. :)

akki123, Apr 21, 2009 IP
  6. AliceJ

AliceJ Peon

Best Answers:
    If the blog you’re writing for doesn’t allow an in-post byline for its guest-authors, don’t bother. If you write a post including a byline for this kind of blog, the author will most likely remove the byline and publish your work without it.

AliceJ, Apr 21, 2009 IP
  7. drjupitor

drjupitor Banned

Best Answers:
    Sometimes webmasters allow to write for them and pay for your articles, if your articles are of good quality.

drjupitor, Apr 21, 2009 IP
  8. brianconor

brianconor Peon

Best Answers:
    You should ask blog owner first are you allowed to put your own links in guest post. Most of the time if you are a good commenter on the blog and you have some great resources, i think blog owner will be agreeable for this.

brianconor, Apr 21, 2009 IP
  9. kellygomes123@gmail.com

kellygomes123@gmail.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I want to try it for my blog which is really new but the problem is that how to find such blogs interested in guest blogger.

kellygomes123@gmail.com, Apr 21, 2009 IP
  10. ltimranjaved

ltimranjaved Peon

Best Answers:
    good tips , i think i should try them

ltimranjaved, Apr 21, 2009 IP
  11. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    if you decied to write guest posts, then try to find a reputable blog which will give you the value you need. also, try to find some previous guest posts on the blog to see the links are dofollow or nofollow. i do guest posting on few blogs and can tell you that there are some scams associated with this guest posting. some blog owners will let you write an article and then after few days will turn nofollow on on your guest post which will not give you any backlinks. so watch out for that also. aside fromn the drawback, guest post on related blogs can give you high quality contextual backlinks and depending on the blog, some free traffic as well.

sultanofseo, Apr 21, 2009 IP
  12. gdi

gdi Peon

Best Answers:
    gdi, Feb 18, 2010 IP