Some good tips for SEO & SEO Term

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by ayushiZ, Apr 15, 2009.

hello all,

i need to good tips and tricks not black hat or short term but any tips that would really i do and dont do.

some of the word always confuse me like SERP , Crowl, Copy scape content, do follow - no follow, RSS feed etc hope some one can help me and guide me to use.

please put your ideas about how do we start ranking on following sites

blogs
    directories
    shopping cart
    b2b / ecommerce
    dontation
    games

all suggestion are most welcome only post over here so all dp member can go through it and help him lot and for newby also like me.

Thank you all.

ayushiZ, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  2. RadioBounce

RadioBounce Banned

Best Answers:
    I've got this great semi-automatic directory submitter called digixmas but I'm not exactly sure if it works but you could try Googling it. It submits to thousands of directories.

RadioBounce, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  3. My220x

My220x Member

Best Answers:
    You need to submit to directories and to get links to your sites just build quality content people would want to link to. If you would link to it if it wasn't your site then I am sure others will to.

My220x, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  4. edrectory

edrectory Peon

Best Answers:
    Crowl = Mispelling of crawl, crawling is what a search engines bot does to search the internet and find new content and sites.

Copyscape = An independent copyright organisation to ensure that your content isn't stolen.

DoFollow & NoFollow = This is part of the HTML code included in the <a> tag, it is signified by <a rel="nofollow"> if it is no follow.

DoFollow links allow the search engines crawlers to index that link, but a NoFollow link doesn't. It is debated whether NoFollow tags are actually of any link building use, the arguement being that atleast some are required for a "natural" looking link structure, all the while remembering each link placed on an external site is meant to count as a "vote" for the site it's linking to.

You can use blogs and other web 2.0 platforms to promote your site quickly and efficiently. Since these sites are very active search engines crawl them often for new updates, so these pages get indexed quick. Other examples of web 2.0's include Squidoo, HubPages, Blogsome (Or any WordPress MU), WordPress itself, Weebly, Quizilla and Blogger. All of these offer an RSS Feed which can be pinged to give your link even more strength.

Also social bookmarking can be effective, but it's only worth while if you have an automated bookmarking tool such as Bookmarking Demon or a free option like OnlyWire. I suggest bookmarking each inbound link to your website.

There are various types of directories such as link directories and article directories. Link directories are debated upon for there usefulness and often are considered as a waste unless they are niche related. Even submitting your link to a section of a link directory can have a negative effect on your sites ranking. Article directories allow you to submit articles which are placed on the site. These are great ways to get some good credibility as you can write an article on a related subject and place a link to your site in the article. This way you can get traffic both from search engines and refferals from the actual article itself. The most popular article directories are EZA (Ezine Articles), SearchWarp, GoArticles, ArticlesCity and ArticlesBase among many others.

I hope this post has contributing towards your question,

Peace out, Yousef :).

edrectory, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  5. vwcamper77

vwcamper77 Peon

Best Answers:
    fantastic advice :)

vwcamper77, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  6. ayushiZ

ayushiZ Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for your reply.

please verify and put the review here it would help lots to newby.

thanks

ayushiZ, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  7. AliceJ

AliceJ Peon

Best Answers:

That's good information

thanks...for sharing.

AliceJ, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  8. ruchiseo

ruchiseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Manual work is the best, i consider for my work, so i will not suggest you to go for anysoftware for dir submission

ruchiseo, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  9. shruchi nagar

shruchi nagar Guest

Best Answers:
    Hello my friend,
    I have brief description of your required terms and they are as follows:

SERP:
    Short for search engine results page, the Web page that a search engine returns with the results of its search. The major search engines typically display three kinds of listings on their SERPs. Listings that have been indexed by the search engine’s spider, listings that have been indexed into the search engine’s directory by a human, and listings that are paid to be listed by the search engine.

Crawl:
    In SEO the term Crawl refers to the way a search engine "Spider" will read the text and follow the links on a site. As the spider robot moves throughout the pages of a site it is Crawling the site and collecting information for the search engine.

CopyScape Content:
    For all around compatibility, Copyscape exists entirely on the web, and is functional from any operating system that can access the page. It offers a method to check for content duplication or plagiarism online. Simply enter the URL of the file to be checked, and wait for the page to be analyzed and checked for duplication on other sites, you’ll have an answer in a few seconds. You are only allowed a small number of free searches per month, and all you have to do is enter the URL into the Copyscape search bar. Searches after the free limit are 5 cents each, which is still reasonable for reliable content protection. For occasional search, or as a powerful online protection tool, Copyscape is both simple to use, and extremely efficient at content comparisons of text on websites. You may also purchase a premium membership, with unlimited searches each month, or have your site regularly checked for against web duplications.

Dofollow - Nofollow:
    Dofollow - This means that the links pass value in the eyes of the SE robots. So if you use keyword anchor text, that anchor text passes value to the destination URL.

Nofollow - The Search Engines still follow the link and spider the page, but they do not pass any value to the destination URL.

RSS:
    RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication. Also called web feeds, RSS is a content delivery vehicle. It is the format used when you want to syndicate news and other web content. When it distributes the content it is called a feed. You could think of RSS as your own personal wire service.

Syndication: One party creates the content and it is published in many places. Examples: A TV show is created by one network (Law and Order) and then it is shown on many other cable stations. A columnist writes one column and it is published in many newspapers. The benefit of syndication is that you get a much wider audience for your content. On the Web you create content for your website or newsletter and with an RSS feed you can syndicate it to news aggregator websites or other sites that publish similar content.

I hope you understand this terminology.

shruchi nagar, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  10. kesole

kesole Peon

Best Answers:
    All you need is Perseverence plus the right methods

kesole, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  11. paulleviss

paulleviss Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing

paulleviss, Apr 23, 2009 IP
  12. lindamood1

lindamood1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    always make practice of white hat seo and avoid black hat seo technique

lindamood1, Apr 23, 2009 IP
  13. Lovely

Lovely Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A link that is not nofollowed is known as dofollow link. A Dofollow link is a link crawlable by search engine. Dofollow is not a tag, its an attribute you simply don’t nofollow a link if you want it be dofollowed.
    A nofollow link is a link that will not be followed by a search engine robot/spider. This is accomplished by placing the rel=”nofollow” attribute in an anchor tag. This can be useful when you are optimizing a website and do not want to give the destination website credit for the backlink.

No follow links were first developed by Google as a way to control spam links on blogs and sites. By adding the no follow tag to any link, its prevent spammers from posting useless comments simply to get a free link back to a site.
    Most people often confuse “noindex” with “nofollow.” In order for a link not show on the results page of SE, the meta robots tag with the “noindex” attribute, <meta name=”robots” content=”noindex” /> has to be used.
    This meta tag tell search engines that they should not index that page, so it worth include it on the search results.
    While “nofollow” attribute tells the search bot comes across such a link, it will know that it should not crawl the site, this link will not be counted toward the PageRank of the site that is receiving it.
    Both nofollow and do follow links are great for human traffic

Lovely, Apr 23, 2009 IP
  14. hostinghelp24

hostinghelp24 Banned

Best Answers:
    You should follow white hat SEO and avoid black hat SEO.

hostinghelp24, Apr 23, 2009 IP
  15. ayushiZ

ayushiZ Peon

Best Answers:
    all have passed really great information, if we go more deep now and put some tips about to start seo steps would be good. hope you all will join with your guidance.

thanks

ayushiZ, Apr 23, 2009 IP
  16. nshack31

nshack31 Peon

Best Answers:
    automate the SEO and do it yourself.. onewayseo.com

nshack31, Apr 23, 2009 IP