1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

help me godaddy

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by sniper2, Apr 18, 2009.

well, guys.
    I'm trying to buy my first domain.

but I'm a bit affraid, that I will do something wrong.

so take a look at this pictures, I don't know where I am going to host the domain. so what do I have to do with this (I'm not going to host it on godaddy). take a look

[​IMG]

it says if you want to host it somewhere else than godaddy click here.
    ok and then this comes out

[​IMG]

but I don't know where I'm going to host it, so I don't know what I'm going to write in there. what do I have to do with this.

one thing I don't understand with domains and hosting. I buy domains with godaddy, and how can I host it with other companys. I don't understand how that works.

let's say I buy domain.com and how does a hosting company know if it's mine. how can they transfer the domain I bought from godaddy to their servers.

please explain me all the things I need to know.
    I never bought a domain.

thanks

sniper2, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  2. Priya_Verma

Priya_Verma Banned

Best Answers:
    For how long you want to register your domain? one year or two year? It seem form snapshot that you have opted for two year. If its not the case then click on the duration time and change it to one year. You can host your website with any other hosting provider.

If you are not going to host your website at godaddy then why you are registering your domain with them. Go with the hosting providing company you have choses and register your domain there. However I would recommend to register and host your domain @ Godaddy as its world leaders in in these services.

Thanks
    Priya

Priya_Verma, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  3. sniper2

sniper2 Peon

Best Answers:
    what, everybody buys domains at godaddy.
    and host it at cheaper hosting companys.

I mean like why do I have to tell godaddy where I'm going to host it, I don't know yet where I am going to host it.

it doesn't make sense : that if I buy a domain at godaddy and then I also have to host it there.

please help me out, I new to buying domains and hosting. and I don't want to lose money and make mistakes.

thanks

sniper2, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  4. sniper2

sniper2 Peon

Best Answers:
    well, I can have a different hosting and domain right?

it doesn't mean I have have my domain with godaddy, and the hosting too:eek:

sniper2, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  5. Marlito

Marlito Peon

Best Answers:
    You can buy domain with godaddy and host it where ever you want.Those addons godaddy has its just a commercial trick for people to buy more then they need.
    Decide what domain you want to buy,if its available proceed to checkout and buy it.Just be sure what is the final price because they can add 1 year of owner ship (like visiable in your example)but thats nothing you cant change it at the end.
    As for those nameservers if you dont have a hosting yet,you leave it blank and I think godaddy will park your domains with them.When you do get a hosting you will have to go back to godaddy,go to domain manager and change your namesevers accordingly.Nameserver is given to you by your host.You will have to change this every time you change hosting company.
    All domain registrant have to have this information in order for your domain to work.
    Hope this help mate.

Marlito, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  6. sniper2

sniper2 Peon

Best Answers:
    dear Marlito,

thanks for the great information.
    now I understand it, thanks

sniper2, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  7. LilBlackDress

LilBlackDress Peon

Best Answers:
    You can buy your domain name at GoDaddy and host it anywhere you like. Just go through the steps to purchase the domain and ignore the extra fluff. After you have bought your domain GoDaddy will park it untill you put in your name servers.
    GoDaddy has excellent customer service. You can call them and they will walk you through all the steps.

BTW if you buy 5 domain names you can get free privacy!

LilBlackDress, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  8. LilBlackDress

LilBlackDress Peon

Best Answers:
    I should add...GoDaddy will park it for free but they will offer you the option to pay $4.99 and make money on domain parking. Very few sites that are not established will make money with domain parking. So use GoDaddys free parking service.
    I have over 30 domain names with GoDaddy and have been very happy with their service.

LilBlackDress, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  9. sniper2

sniper2 Peon

Best Answers:
    but which is better in your opinion. namecheap or godaddy.
    I wan to begin with the best:D

I don't want to stay one year with one, and the change it to another one.
    I wan to stay with one for ever

sniper2, Apr 20, 2009 IP
  10. deceylon

deceylon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can host them anywhere.
    just update name servers at every time.
    You don't want to do it at the check out.

deceylon, Apr 20, 2009 IP
  11. aniroy1986

aniroy1986 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i have always preferred NameCheap than Godaddy....one of the reason simpler interface ;)

aniroy1986, Apr 20, 2009 IP
  12. ovd

ovd Active Member

Best Answers:
    domainsite, name, namecheap, godaddy all are good, but godaddy is the last one because of the interface.

ovd, Apr 20, 2009 IP
  13. totty10000

totty10000 Member

Best Answers:
    totty10000, Apr 20, 2009 IP