1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Pirate Bay founders convicted, what do you think?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Perrow, Apr 17, 2009.

1. web_hunk

web_hunk Peon

Best Answers:
    That's some news for me. I don't think they have really been afraid of legal threats. But I am not sure if they are safe this time. Let's see what the result is. But they have got some really interesting responses on this page
    http://thepiratebay.org/legal :D

web_hunk, Apr 17, 2009 IP
  2. teenwolf41

teenwolf41 Peon

Best Answers:
    This just shows that people like this are WAY ahead of authority. There are millions of torrent sites out there, they take one down, 20 more pop up. Millions of users use them, and they set it up perfectly so to be in a country where they aren't strict laws about piracy. Torrent sites are so far ahead of authority that they will always be up and running. Even if they get convicted, they have millions of files on the site, they get a year in jail? Big deal, that won't stop them.

While I think its personally unfair that people get to download for free what I actually pay for, I think authority will be playing catchup for a very long time.

teenwolf41, Apr 17, 2009 IP
  3. GenuineGambler

GenuineGambler Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think the Pirate Bay owners are too blame one bit. All they have done is set up a peer to peer network interface for the general public to use. How can they possibly monitor the uploads of the many thousands of people who upload to the site. I think if the authorities are really that concerned they should have shut down the site but as we all know its still up and running. Whos to say that the site wasn't running on autopilot after the initial setup.

I think all the authorities have done is make the public more aware of this service which will effectively increase its popularity, especially now in the middle of a recession.

I hope that this trend doesnt turn viral and hurt the film industry too much as if newly released movies are making less money in the box office the future budgets will have to reflect this resulting in poorer quality films with toned down special effects. A downside for us all in the long run.

GenuineGambler, Apr 17, 2009 IP
  4. ryandanielt

ryandanielt Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Whoa as if anyone of you are shocked, this has been in the works for many years and if any of you read the press you would have known that they have been convicted of many charges and this is just one more to add to there collection.

This is for the same reason that torrent spy, one of the greatest have closed there doors some years ago so that they do not face the wrath that pirate bay is undergoing.

ryandanielt, Apr 17, 2009 IP
  5. sampath kumar

sampath kumar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oh that's sad... i have used some of their services....:)

sampath kumar, Apr 17, 2009 IP
  6. sharpie349

sharpie349 Peon

Best Answers:
    I hate this.
    I loved this site!!!

sharpie349, Apr 17, 2009 IP
  7. Random Guy

Random Guy Peon

Best Answers:
    Awesome :) Hope to see more torrent sites getting hit with fines & jail terms

Random Guy, Apr 17, 2009 IP