1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you trust Google stats?

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by baumann93, Jul 15, 2006.

Do you trust Google stats.... Well long time ago I suspected that not all the clicks on the ads displayed on my sites made into the Google stats. But until yesterday I had no proof.

Here is what happened yesterday:

9.30am - I open the Firefox and to my surprise the AdSense extention displays the following stats: 1 click - $1.4 earnings. Wow I said to my self, logged into my AdSense account and confirmed that that was true.. Ppl get so desperate because of the latest AdWords updates so that they start bidding crazy amounts on conent adverizing...

One hour later.... the click vanished... just vanished - like it never happened.

I sent an email to Google support asking why and how this can happen and received and email back (within 20 minutes I got that reply) with the run-around. The issue was NOT addressed at all - it looked like I never asked that question!

I replied to that message asking to clarify the situatin and explaining that the response I got did not shed any light on the situation... There was NO response to the second email.

So, my question is: DO YOU TRUST GOOGLE STATS?

p.s. I installed Adlogger on two of my stats and it ALREADY shows some serious descrepances in recordes stats with what Google is showing:

Site #1: Adlogger overnight recorded 8 clicks - AdSense - 2 clicks.

baumann93, Jul 15, 2006 IP
  2. SHT

SHT Active Member

Best Answers:
    Short anwser: Yes.

In my opinion, I don't think Google (or many other companies as large as it) would risk somthing like that when they make alot of money from the Adsense program. If what you say is true and there was hard evidence for it, so many publishers would leave and it could damage Google's revenue. I trust Google with many things, my adsense statistics being one of them.

SHT, Jul 15, 2006 IP
  3. AdsenseAddict

AdsenseAddict Peon

Best Answers:
    You trust Adlogger more than Google? You're pathetic baumann93.

Answering your question. Of course I trust Google. They're the one sending the checks.

AdsenseAddict, Jul 15, 2006 IP
  4. anurag_online

anurag_online Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

i agree with you. adlogger give stats even for those links which are not varified as valid by google. so do concider adsense stats and keep adlogger just for chking the UNWANTED person.

anurag_online, Jul 15, 2006 IP
  5. Correctus

Correctus Straight Edge

Best Answers:
    Yes I do trust the Google Stats because it verifies double clicks, same IP clicks, clicks by proxies and a lot of other factors. I do not trust adlogger for my actual stats. Also as someone said, its Google sending the Cheque

IT

Correctus, Jul 15, 2006 IP
  6. adwordaffiliate

adwordaffiliate Active Member

Best Answers:
    You have no real choice in the matter whether to trust the stat or not....

That being said, over the past few weeks my stats have been way down on normal. Whether this is due to yearly trends, advertisers taking breaks over the holidays etc I don't know.

adwordaffiliate, Jul 15, 2006 IP
  7. 010081

010081 Banned

Best Answers:
    yea i trust google ,but relating your questions yea it may happen as we don't care for just 1-2 clicks as we earn more and more from google they are trustworthy so people won't notice 1-2 clicks

010081, Jul 15, 2006 IP
  8. baumann93

baumann93 Peon

Best Answers:
    Listen, you do not look like a 14 year old, please start behaving like you are an adult.

9. baumann93

baumann93 Peon

Best Answers:
    I did not say that I cared about 1 to 2 clicks. All I said was that I saw this happening with my own eyes. :)

10. infonote

infonote Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, they take into account any click fraud, meaning they automatically do not count all clicks and impressions

infonote, Jul 15, 2006 IP
  11. Tearabite

Tearabite Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Of course i trust google.. i have no choice!

AFWIW: you cannot trust adlogger for accurate stats. Adlogger will count right-clicks and even MOUSEOVERs as clicks.

Tearabite, Jul 15, 2006 IP
    SHT likes this.
  12. baumann93

baumann93 Peon

Best Answers:
    Having no choice does not mean you trust Google :) So, you are saying that adlogger is not really the best tool for tracking ad clicks... Do you have any other software in mind that does the job better?

Thanks

13. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Adlogger and other third-party tracking software doesn't measure REAL stats, they PREDICT it based upon user behavior. You can't trust what Adlogger tells you about clicks.

jackburton2006, Jul 15, 2006 IP
  14. oninuva

oninuva Peon

Best Answers:
    No i dont trust them. I got an email from adesnse saying that it was being sued and any member that had to something to do with it gets some pension or something

oninuva, Jul 15, 2006 IP
  15. baumann93

baumann93 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not alone, Hurray:) :) :) :)

16. baumann93

baumann93 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, it would be really nice if anyone would be able to define what the "real stats" is.

Ok, someone clicks the ad and Google says it is invalid; would an AdWords publisher get a refund for that click? If not, then I HAVE TO BE CREDITED FOR THAT CLICK.

Folks, I did not ask if you liked Google or not. All I asked was if you trusted the stats Googel is providing. Reading your responses, I get a feeling that you put up with all the crap that Google is doing just BECAUSE YOU CAN NOT GET A COMPARABLE SERVICE FROM ANYONE ELSE.

This is not trusting, this is conforming because you have no other choice.

IMHO

17. dotcompals

dotcompals Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I trust Google !

dotcompals, Jul 15, 2006 IP
  18. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course they pay the advertiser back. You think they're going to horde away a couple of cents here and there? Give me a break. They make millions a day. They don't have a reason to steal from little ol you.

And what exactly is the point of your suspicions? How exaclty is posting about how you don't trust them on a forum going to make any difference? If you're so uncomfortable with them, and dont' trust them, then here's an idea -- JUST STOP USING THEM. Yes, I know, it's a radical idea, but it works. It beats pointless griping.

jackburton2006, Jul 16, 2006 IP
  19. baumann93

baumann93 Peon

Best Answers:
    What is the point of my suspicion? Well, I just wanted to see how many ppl share my views about Google AdSense click tracking :)

This is a good one :D Well, I am just a small guy. It is when big folks with huge monthly adsense earnings start getting suspicios about being ripped off, that is when it is going to make a difference.

Could you please point to my post where I am giving you this impression of being too uncomfortable with Google? I simply noticed a strange/suspicios behaviour in my AdSense account and wanted to see if anyone else noticed similar things. That is all.

baumann93, Jul 16, 2006 IP
  20. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Geez, I dunno -- everything you've said in this thread, maybe? :rolleyes:

jackburton2006, Jul 16, 2006 IP