1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need help on domain during its expiry by GODADDY AUCTION

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by merlinseo, Apr 15, 2009.

Hi Friends,
    I need a help on my current domain issue which i purchased recently

I have purchased domain name via Auctions , this domain was expiring on GODADDY.

Now the site was up and running and Godaddy had posted the domain name as it was expiring. Now I purchased it and it got transferred to my account. After I purchased I was told one week after the purchase domain will be yours if old registar doesnt renews it. Now I have full control of the domain only. Right now on that domain still the website pages and files are displayed by the OLD person who had registered it as he holds hosting account on godaddy.

Now issue I am facing is , With every domain Godaddy provides free hosting, When i try to set up the FREE hosting account during the last step it shows a message that xyz.com is already in use, try some other domain name.

I am now crazy because I have only the domain control but not the FTP or files control hosted on it provided if i want to use the GODADDY HOSTING.

Today morning I called Godadddy and customer executive explained that even though the domain is under your name you cannot upload the new FILES on godaddy unless until the old user deletes that folder name xyz.com from his godaddy hosting account. so what stupidity is now that GODADDY hosting allows one directory created by anyone with that domain name under which you upload all your files including index or home page file example say xyz.com is the directory.

Now the old owner is already having that directory name in his Godaddy hosting account say xyz.com and the domain is purchased by me still I dont have FTP control on it. So godaddy says that wait for sometime until that person deletes that folder name from his godaddy hosting account then only you can set up yours on Godaddy. This completely crazy to me.

So the only solution is either i change the Name server DNS and point it outside Godaddy then only I can host my files but if I want to host in on GODADDY itself its not possible until that directory name is deleted by the old registered person.

HAS ANYONE FACED THIS ISSUE , its really crazy ? :mad:
    I am really going CRAZY !

merlinseo, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  2. Mike G.

Mike G. Peon

Best Answers:
    Dude you are right,
    But I can't help you because I am also facing same problem.

Mike G., Apr 15, 2009 IP
  3. m.stevens

m.stevens Peon

Best Answers:
    Does this mean that anyone can do this to any other domain with godaddy? (assuming the nameservers are pointing to godaddy but nobody created a folder for it yet)

It would seem that any hosting provider would suffer the same problem, the solution would be for them to manually delete the site records on the old account to allow you to create them on the new account.

Of course, you can simply host elsewhere.

m.stevens, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  4. merlinseo

merlinseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey I dont think it would be possible usually when anyone registers a new domain name with registration they would create a default directory unless and until he deletes it on his own

5. merlinseo

Best Answers:
    What are next steps you have planned dude ?

6. merlinseo

Best Answers:
    Please help Friends
    I am sure 70% of DP'ers use Godaddy
    Infact i was inspired by reading this forum to go for godaddy
    But i didnt knew this kind of problem, i tried finding using search on this forum but couldnt see concrete answer
    Please help me friends

7. m.stevens

m.stevens Peon

Best Answers:
    My best advice to you is to host it elsewhere, until the original user deletes that folder.

m.stevens, Apr 15, 2009 IP