1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please review my site: Dakota Tundra

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Tim_Myth, Jul 14, 2006.

I am still trying to get the AJAX category selection to work on the submit page, but I think everything else is done. Can you review it and give me your honest opinions? I also would really like linux and mac users to view it with various browsers (I've looked at it with FF and IE).

The URL is http://www.dakotatundra.com

TIA

Tim_Myth, Jul 14, 2006 IP
  2. jaymcc

jaymcc Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi

Thanks for the opp:
    - I would add some graphics for the category area instead of pipes and hyphens
    - Ad placement seems nice
    - Way too much wasted space at top of page
    - It's a little tonka, by this i mean some big primary colours. This makes it look a little frontpage. Perhaps some gradients, and more than 2 colours

Functionally it seems fine.

- You might want to make the textarea on your submit page with the recip link code a little bigger to make sure people select the full content.
    - You might also want to make the 'submit link' link stand out more somehow, i had to look for it to see it.

Remember, just my opinions, feel free to ignore :)

Hope this helps

Jay

jaymcc, Jul 14, 2006 IP
    Tim_Myth likes this.
  3. Janeth

Janeth Active Member

Best Answers:
    The blue seems to be a little too much blue and a little hard on the eyes.

The left and right menu seem to take up too much space leaving less space for the written text.

I have no idea what the image in the right hand corner is.

I like the way you have the left hand menu set up, when you go to other pages your able to continue to surf without having to go back a page or two.

Janeth, Jul 14, 2006 IP
    Tim_Myth likes this.
  4. Tim_Myth

Tim_Myth Peon

Best Answers:
    First off, thanks a lot for looking it over. I first have to comment on this comment:
    They're ice cubes! :cool:

I'm realizing that I don't do enough to play on the theme of "Cool Site - Hot Links" enough to make the blue and red make sense. I may have to play with that more.

I also realized that I somehow completely missed the part about adding descriptions to the categories...DOH! :eek:

I do need to put a banner or something at the top of the page to use that extra space. Perhaps That's where I'll put the category descriptions.

The graphics might be doable for the menu. Folders and files don't seem like the answer though. I'd prefer to concentrate on the cold associated with Tundra (especially when it's over 100 here now), but images to replace the classic folder/file thing are escaping me.

I do probably need to reduce the size of the left and right menus. The left menu is 225px and the right is an additional 180. That's half the screen on 800x600. :( Anything less than 225px, and some of my categories wrap. I suppose I could rename the categories though...

I will definately make the recip box bigger and the Submit Link hyperlink stand out more.

NORTHERN LIGHTS! That's what the top of the page needs! Maybe a nice little flash movie...

Tim_Myth, Jul 15, 2006 IP