1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What profitable site i could start on a PR6 Domain?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by engedi05, Apr 14, 2009.

Hi guys,

Recently, i just purchased a PR6 Domain name (not expired one), i have no idea what is the most profitable website i could do.

Please suggest me some building ideas.

thanks a lot..

engedi05, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  2. tobycoke

tobycoke Peon

Best Answers:
    You bought a non-expired name that recently had a site on it? Keep to the same subject that made it to a PR6. Try and replicate the same URLs (check archive.org or if it's a very recent site then do a site:xxx.com at google.)

tobycoke, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  3. engedi05

engedi05 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes, i bought a non-expired name that has a site on it. but i want to change the site to some other niche.

will it affect the PR6? it has 242 google backlinks.. the original language is chinese. I would love to make it into English site.

any suggestion and comment?

engedi05, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  4. m.stevens

m.stevens Peon

Best Answers:
    Changing the niche will of course have certain effects on the pagerank, as will changing the language to English.

Since it was in Chinese originally it probably ranked well for chinese keywords, changing it to English means you no longer rank for these keywords, and also that you might have a hard time ranking for new keywords in English.

m.stevens, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  5. bobchrist

bobchrist Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you change content I think it will effect your ranking, best add fresh content with same niche and start link building with similar site.

bobchrist, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  6. ~kev~

~kev~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You want to change the site up, change its nitch and language - so you going to delete all of the pages and start over? This is going to make you start all over again. Google is going to delist all of your pages, because your going to delete them. And then google is going to have to reindex the site. Your talking about a big time hit in traffic.

The site will lose its ranking in certain keywords, if the backlinks are using targeted keywords, that might cause some problems. Because the backlinks are in chinese and the new page will be in english.

As for the Page Rank - where do most of the links come from. Are these directory links, links from blogs, blog commenting, forum signature links? Lets say that a lot of chinese people have linked to the site from their blog. Well, when they see what has happened to the site, they might just take the link down. I know I would.

So this is what your going to do, your going to take a site that gets lots of traffic, has a page rank of 6 and your going to reset it back to 0.

Page rank is nice, but its overrated. When you described the site, you did not give any mention about the amount of traffic its getting or the sources of traffic. Besides the "page rank", what else can you tell us? How many page views a month are you getting, how many unique ips hit the site daily and monthly,,,,,,

~kev~, Apr 15, 2009 IP