1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I GOT A NEW SERVER WHO WANTS IN?!? 10$ Per Year

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by CharlesFolly, Mar 22, 2009.

1. devgex.com

devgex.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm not sure who to believe here...
    Can anyone say something about downtime, speed? (customers)

Was thinking about Reseller Senior package...

devgex.com, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  2. blacksurfer

blacksurfer Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Was down for six days as they moved from jkook to hivelocity. the new server is very fast

blacksurfer, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  3. CharlesFolly

CharlesFolly Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I never said you can't go over 100 GB I just said that we prefer you not do that. Also the term "unmetered" means we won't measure how much you used.

And we are coming with the news plans next monday, so that qwill all be changed. We are just exclusively offering that until next week :)

-Charles

Hey,

Thanks!

You can leave an Itrader if you wish to swap Itraders. Also please note that our server are auto create. So you should have gotten your account as soon as you paid. Please let me know if you have any more troubles!

Blacksurfer explained it very well here. Basically we were on a Reseller account. And we took about six days to move to a new server.

-Charles!

CharlesFolly, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  4. tomjaq

tomjaq Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi folks,

Be wary of Charles Folly, he just scammed me out of $60.

I almost fell for his $17000 a month mentoring scam when all he is doing is using it to sell hosting and later other "stuff"

Good Luck

Tom

tomjaq, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  5. CharlesFolly

CharlesFolly Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

Lol... Tom... tsk tsk.

I didn't scam you at all.

You could have nicely asked for a refund like ClubNokia and I could have easily gave your silly $60 back. I would actually have gave you $100 back for your troubles. Simlilarily like I did for ClubNokia who needed his money back.

But your first emailed called me a "crazed man, outta control" and you demanded a refund by insulting me.

Why the heck would I even reply positively to that?

And also you demanded a refund from Boldpal. So okay thats fair. But then I find out you took advantage of the compensation plan and signed up again? After filing a refund.

Morally I do not like people like you so. I said if you still want to go on and make the site as planned I will give you what you paid for.

But after being insulted and see you scam Boldpal. I just cannot do anything about it. I morally hate people like you.

Did you not think that Alex or I would find about your little scheme?

Therefore I'm holding onto your silly $60. Lets see how you behave and I will pay you back $300.

EDIT, you know what I'm donating to your $60 to United Way. Give me a minute to video tape this also for proof.

lol...

Phper now its your turn to come in haha.

Again you set yourself up for all of this.

I did not scam a single person anywhere and I have refunded every refund request so far.

You Scammed Boldpal, and You Insulted Me on the first email you filed a refund. You literally said " I do not wish to do business with a crazed man on DP" So I'm crazy now? Well I'll be crazy just for you only.

Go ahead and research me and look at all my posts. There is not one time where I cheated.

You Scammed Boldpal, and Insulted me. Therefore there is no way I am going to treat you in a positive manner.

And when did my signature disappear? I still have loyal clients like Han, Djdfan, Graham, and more..

Tom you Cheated Digitalpoint!

I just realized. That your a new member and before you were not. Multiple accounts are strictly prohibited on DP. And looks like you got permanent Bann from your other account for what? Did you scam another person? Or.. fill us in, cause we all want to know

UPDATE!

I asked Alex to Donate $60 to Unicef. I could not figure out how to record my screen. Video should be uploaded to youtube soon.

BY THE WAY, IF ANY OF YOU FEEL LIKE DONATING THROUGH PAYPAL

THE DIRECT LINK IS HERE

http://www.unicefusa.org/donate/other-ways-to-give/paypal.html

Cheers to good people!

Hey Tom Why are you not replying to my emails! Especially this one!

[​IMG]

6. raidz

raidz Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Dude, I have e-mailed you and asked you 2 separate times now in this thread. Will you stop arguing with these guys and activate my damn account??? It takes like 1 or 2 clicks...:confused:

raidz, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  7. CharlesFolly

CharlesFolly Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I am sorry that was very unporfessional of me. But i am sick and tired of being called a scam. And I see Phper on this thread often so I need to prove any scam accusations wrong. Phper is like a stealth shark that shows his fin. (phper did I make you grin or smile :) )

But I have checked everything in my WHMCS all accounts are activated...

Please give me some detail Are you on the compensation plan?

All accounts are setup as soon as you pay. And the compensation plan is auto setup also.

Also i do not see any emails on my personal or Boldpal's email. Lastly no support tickets were filed from you.

Please pm me your domain name and transcation ID and I will set this up manually for you.

UPDATE

I have Pmèd you a free link. Please sign up again or login with your old info. And your account should be auto setup and emailed to you within a minute. If not please contact me.

This is very strange how you have been waiting like this.

8. phper

phper Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    To the contrary, I've been receiving PMs from people about this and I'm glad I can save a few people from your scam. And the fact is, you can't prove any of my accusation untrue and the best you can do is calling it "silly" and hope people simply ignore it.

Some of you may wonder why I keep on pounding on this guy while I get no benefit from it and obviously I'm not a competitor (you can check my message history here and you'll find nothing related to hosting). Well what happened was, I was almost scammed by this guy as well. I'm usually very very careful and my encounter with this guy was one of the closest of me getting cheated online, and it just pisses me off.

I'd say similar reason why he put bogus phone numbers and address of a golf course on his website. To make his "company" look legit and as if he was so easily reachable. I put quotes around 'company' because I doubt that Boldpal is even a legal entity at all (and he claimed it as an Inc.).

Also one funny thing is, he claimed that he was the one responsible for sales, but when it comes to talking to customers he delegated it to the techie. Why, Mr. Sam Seo? Afraid people notice your Korean accent? Yeah I know, it'll be funny for a Mr. Folly to have Korean accent right?

I don't know what happened between you and tomjaq, but you can't blame people for getting pissed at you. You keep on saying you don't scam people and you "prove" it by giving the refunds. Nice way of distracting inexperienced people from seeing your true scam.

Let me ask you this. Why do people have to ask for refund in the first place? If you were half the saint you try to make yourself look like, you'd simply deliver what you promise and you wouldn't even need to do the refund. And people have to make their refund request public in this thread before they even get any replies. Also, what kind of non-scammy "mentor" would ask for $60 when in your signature it clearly states "free of charge"?

A thief who failed to steal is just a stupid thief. Don't call yourself an honest person simply because you failed to cheat.

phper, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  9. zuly

zuly Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 4
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    i don't know @phper i have my hosting and everything is like he said, so scam or not, for 20$ it doesn't even have to be forever ( i know that it won't ) if i get couple of months i'm happy, cause other's are asking way more for the same thing. But who knows maybe it will turn out to be for real (hosting for life) and i'll end up with a hosting for my sites that lasts even longer. It's luck, who know's what will turn up to be, and that's exactly what life is. Also FYI everybody lies about themselves online, myself included, and there are tons of reasons why. I do it for security, but i NEVER scammed anyone, if that makes me a bad person, so be it.

zuly, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  10. philski

philski Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Sorry Charles.

I know your getting ar-se raped pretty hard and to be honest you have been very fasy answering my questions etc.

Just wondering why. And for sure if you want to stick my $60 up anything you like. Go and do it!

WHY? is YOUR server in another state. I own 5 servers and they are all at home! Why did i pay so much for 2 website, to be on a server you dont own. Nothing else will resolve at all, AS YOU STIPULATED. YOU OWN IT,

And im sorry., ... again,. if i want to sound like i really know what im on about, and im starting to question,,,I do own over 1000 website "998 Not on your server", . and have sperate WHM hosting accounts on every continent, so im not a total, idiot. Not totally at least,, so im still prepared to give you a go,, ,, but,,, im still having massive trouble with your hosting. PS i have also been involved pretty heavily in web development for about 25 years. even though basica isnt used too much by you kids... But it is still a pretty cool language IMO

all i want to do for my $60 bucks or what ever it was? is get a few websites online.

can you help or refund me as soon as you get the chance. or answer my simple problems,,,

anyway, have a great day.....
    PS also,, i earn more than you,. , and my info isnt for sale.

philski, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  11. blacksurfer

blacksurfer Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    This thread is very entertaining to say the least. Maybe it should be closed when the new plans come out.
    Always have an out...a backup host, no matter who you host with. (Hosting is cheap anyway..especially on DP LOL)

Except for the downtime, Charles has been nice to me and hopefully his business will thrive. Phper, your warnings are noted and now it's for people to decide if they want to do business with Charles. Let's end this foolishness.

blacksurfer, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  12. CharlesFolly

CharlesFolly Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Phper,

You can try to break me, accuse me and throw rocks at me all you want. If I really was a true scammer, the first time you posted (around 10 days ago) I would have closed all paypal accounts, got myself purposely banned and would have made a run for it. I would never have wasted my time replying to you and trying to build on.

Also you seem to generalize a lot. There are only three people who asked for a refund. That is not a lot compared to how many people signed up.

Unknown $10 Refunded. (on thread history, For web hosting during server change)

$50 Refunded to ClubNokia as he needed his money. He had no problems with me, its just he needed his money back. (not from Boldpal)

$60 from Mr. Broadbrige.

I have compensated every client. And offered a lifetime free hosting.

Turns out you were very wrong.

What did Zuly say?

And if you look before you posted there are a lot of positive feedback.

I Deliver what People Pay For. And I Refund every legit refund request.

I really do not know if you are here for amusement, competition, to help or to indirectly scam these people.

Your attacks damage our reputation. And if that is damaged then no one will buy anymore. Therefore we have to pack up our bags close down the server if there is no revenue to pay for everything. There is simply no point.

I want to keep up a server and help people like Blacksurfer, Zuly and countless people keep a good free fast hosting.

Do you know what is extremely Ironic?

You are the only one who is officially calling us a scam.

No client of ours has done that, it is just you and you have not even done business with us.

That is the sad part...

You claim I am scamming. But open your eyes and look around, do you see anyone?

Here is why I think your arguments are silly, and your definition of a scam is off by a mile.

Definition of a scam
    - Advertises Service
    - Takes Money
    - Does not offer service and runs away

YOUR DEFINITION OF A SCAM

-Advertises Service
    -Takes Money
    -Gives what is offered
    -Satisfies all clients

But

-Names does not match
    -Address does not match

You can just drop it. We advertise and deliver exactly as advertised and you know it!

I even tested to see if you wanted the best for these people.

I just handed out free lifetime hosting to see if it will satisfy you.

AT THAT POINT ALL PEOPLE ACCUSING US A SCAM STOPPED. YOURHOST1 EVEN VOLUNTEERED TO HELP US

But PHPER CONTINUED ACCUSING. HE WANTS TO SEE ME RUN AWAY. PHPER WANTS TO SEE ALL THESE PEOPLE SCAMMED.

You can pound on why name does not match and the address does not match all you want. But those are silly points no one cares about. You wrote that I hope customers don`t notice. Well even if they do they can see that we deliver as promised. So there is no scam involved.

Look at the end of the day. I will always be here to help better everyone.

You remind me of one of my bloodthirsty friends. Where everytime we go to a motorcycle stadium to see stunt. I pray for their success and have hopes of seeing a spectacular show. But you Phper are just like my bud beside me who wishes to see a terrible accident.

But Phper I must thank you. With your help this thread has been a success. With you here accusing a lot of people visited this thread. And in turn I get a lot of daily signups even you accusing me of a scammer. As they know just by looking at REAL clients we are not a scam.

Blacksurfer. I agree with you a 100%. This is very foolish and I really do not see the point Phper is trying to get across. He poses to be some saviour who is protecting everyone. But is he really?

And I think I am 100% sure Phper will start out his reply with `LOL` to make himself look very confident and relist his stupid arguments no one cares about. And honestly his arguments have been very repetitive.

We sell and we deliver. No more words needed.

Hey Philski,

I`m sorry? There are no support tickets filed and there are no emails from you. What can I help you with exactly :)

Your gonna have to let me know your problems or it is hard for me to help you out bud.

Update,

Okay I found your records. Isn`t your account already a WHM Reseller account? If not please let me know ASAP. As that should have auto updated.

Thanks

CharlesFolly, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  13. jpinheiro

jpinheiro Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hey people, Just wanted to say I have Hosting with Charles hes legit he even refunded me $20.00 when I asked and i Upgraded my account to Senior Reseller.

Here is Proof of his refund:

[​IMG]

I also have free lifetime compensation hosting from him.

So I feel that my $60.00 is well invested in hosting.

They always answered my support tickets within a 24 hour period they always answered when i called their support phone so i dont see them as a scam.

Thanks just thought i would leave some input,
    John

jpinheiro, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  14. CharlesFolly

CharlesFolly Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi John,

You do not know how much I can thank you for doing what you just did. If there is anything in my power you need done please let me know.

:D

-Charles

15. jpinheiro

jpinheiro Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It was no problem at all sir I just thought it was completely fair to give you credit for such a great service that you give to me soooo cheap. So yes it was no problem at all.

And thank you sooo much for giving me the unlimted everything this will be a great help.

Thanks,
    John

P.S. You are 100% recommened by me

jpinheiro, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  16. sakeura

sakeura Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hello I have bougth a senior reseller account from Mr. Folly I have found that his servers are very fast and in my opinion he is no scammer i have treated with him before in other kinds of selling stuff and he is legit no scammer at all. He has always gave the info.

sakeura, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  17. tomjaq

tomjaq Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi Folks,

Just for the record Charles and I have been emailing each other to resolve the misunderstanding and we have reached an accord.

I'm now convinced that it wasn't a scam just a timing misunderstanding ( I must have caught Charles on a bad day) and I must say that everything to do with Boldpal went as smooth as silk.

I haven't set anything up yet but everything is as advertised

All the best

Tom

tomjaq, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  18. CharlesFolly

CharlesFolly Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    hey Tom,

Thanks a lot for that. I went a little overboard also. As it is frustrating to be called a scam. when you really are trying to help people :)

Warm Regards,

-Charles

19. phper

phper Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    zuly, thanks and I agree with your point about hiding our real identity online. CharlesFolly, I apologise for trying to reveal your real name.

However, regarding phone numbers, address and instant messengers, there is no excuse for that. If you want to hide your identity and your business location, then simply don't display them. By you displaying fake address etc you try to gain the trust of your potential customers in a deceitful way. You make them think that if anything happens in the future they can easily find you, get support from you, and if you do something illegal they can easily identify you to make you responsible for it. While in reality, none of them is reachable.

Yes, it is true now you are still here, giving refunds and answering people. BUT, and this is a big BUT, what lead us to this situation in the first place? And would you have done the same if your scam wasn't uncovered or was uncovered only after you've earned enough to dump your CharlesFolly account in DP?

And if you've tried to scam us before (though unsuccessful), how can we be sure you won't try again while now you think what you did was OK simply because you've offered the refund after you got busted?
    If you stole in a supermarket and got caught by the security and then returned what you stole, would it make you innocent?

You want to prove you are not a scammer? I'll make it easy for you. I'll list the reasons why I call you a scammer in a numbered format and you can try to prove them wrong.

1. You claimed you owned the servers, while you didn't.
    2. You claimed you had multiple servers as redundancy for backup, while you didn't.
    3. You claimed that adult and warez websites were allowed, while they weren't. Because of this you made people, including those not running such websites under your account, unknowingly put a high risk on their business.
    4. You claimed to offer 99.99% uptime guarantee, but later admitted yourself it was a lie and you think it's OK to lie if some people lie about it too.
    5. As I've said above, you put fake contact details and address to deceit people's trust. This is the most obvious pattern of most scams.

And CharlesFolly, and people who posted about their websites are fine NOW - I never accused you of not hosting your clients' websites on a server. The above list are my accusations. Of course you won't run such a stupid and obvious scam (selling non-existent service) right after getting busted on another cleverly-planned scam.

If you want to discuss about the right and wrong of adult websites, you can do that here: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80
    But I am offended by what you called me. You advertised your service to host adult websites and now you are insulting all adult webmasters? If you think adult websites are so wrong why did you advertise to host them?

phper, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  20. CharlesFolly

CharlesFolly Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi Phper,

You actually made more sense than you ever have before.

Your right I should only display our phone number. As we are reachable through there.

1. We had a master reseller account in the past but we spent 6 days to get on our own servers. In turn we were fixing what we claimed to have to actually have it. But we own private servers now.

2. We have multiple servers now. And we have Raid running on a second hard drive at all times. So if it fails there is no loss. Backups are set to be made in the cpanel daily.

3. We allow it now, but your right that just got us to change servers last time

4. Well this we could not help as we were on the jkook plan. But now we can guarantee that.

5. Yup I will change this to display our phone number only. We do not have a physical location yet. Do you mind if we put a colocation in?

But in none of these did i take money and run.

Phper I am glad that you admit that everything is fine now. But you were pointing out how things were before. Correct me if I'm wrong.

One part where I can't agree with you is that you have such a high confidence and you actually believe I was plotting to scam everyone. If so I would have ran with the money like I said. I would not have gave refunds.

Your argument was that i did not want to dump this account. Well if I was a true scammer dumping accounts would be my specialty. And creating a new account would be no problems. But I stayed. As I morally hate scams and scammers. There was no plot. As look at everything I have done. Look at all my replies to you. Look at how much hours i spent getting everything moved. I'm sorry but that argument is just not strong enough. However if you see a conspiracy here or if you are a little skeptic, hey I won't tell you what to think. go ahead and believe that. :)

The only reason I had to give out refunds was during our server change downtime. After that everyone was compensated and happy.

Phper I'm glad I can finally agree with you. And I am happy you pointed out some corrections. I will follow your guidelines and fix the errors that are still currently present.

But thank you for admitting that we are no scammers and everything is working perfectly fine now

Jkook were not our servers. and I should not have claimed that they were. I also should not have claimed the uptime I trusted the master reseller provider too much.

But one part where you are wrong is.

We have our own private servers. And we allow warez, proxy, adult and so on.

Or maybe i misread. Were you talking about the past again when we were on jkook? If so then I misunderstood your writing.

You will have to forgive me for my insult to you about the adult sites. But i think you know more than enough on why I would react that way.

I also now know you were only pointing out the problems in the past, and really meant no harm. Stubborn me kept telling you that all those probs were fixed.

But in conclusion we are not scammers, We do not take people's money and everything is delivered as promised. Lastly we own private servers with our rules

As long as that is clear. I am willing to change any current errors we are making. Criticism is hard to take but it is good for you.

-Charles

I really wish to make peace with you phper. And I would like to help you if you need anything I will be more than happy to assists you in any task.

Any person who is willing to spend this much time and effort without pay to point out ones mistakes is a dedicated person who deserves a nice reward.

All this time I thought you were a competitor trying to bash us down. But I am finding your a strict Dad who plays hard love. :)