1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google use keywords for rankings?

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by Basti, Mar 11, 2009.

This may be a dumb question, but anyways.

I have read on several blogs that google dont use meta keywords to determine ranking position, nor does it affect the ranking in a good way, is that correct?

I mean on my website i dont use keyword and description for quiet some while now, and the google visits seems to not drop.

Others properbly still use for ranking, but the traffic from there is like 0.1 % for me.

The most importent thing is if
    - keywords are in domain, title and within the website content without stuffing right? also h1,2,3 tags are good to use keywords in there ye?

Just want to clarify. i get quiet some google visits, but they could be more. Guess need more backlinks.

Any other tips to improve rankings?

Thanks,
    Seb

Basti, Mar 11, 2009 IP
  2. vansterdam

vansterdam Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes Google does not use the keywords meta tag. It may still help rankings on MSN & Yahoo.

To improve your rankings it mostly comes down to getting more backlinks with your target keyword as link anchor text. The onpage factors won't change your ranking much at all.

vansterdam, Mar 11, 2009 IP
  3. linkgod

linkgod Banned

Best Answers:
    I think its true about keyword or SERP. I try to search some keyword, and the top search is always have PR

linkgod, Mar 13, 2009 IP
  4. tariq1654

tariq1654 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google skips Meta tags, but other search engines count them.
    Keywords are highly targeted at domain-names, title, h1-h2 tags, anchor tags and first 600-700 words of ur webpage.
    You must add 3/4 outbound links to quality sites to enhance ur PR.

tariq1654, Mar 14, 2009 IP
  5. Canonical

Canonical Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    IMO you should always include both... Some sites do still count keywords as a minor ranking factor. Typically it is recommended that you include no more than 10-15 keywords and that the keywords appear in the content of the page.

Also, the description is often shown as the snippet in the SERPs at Google. It can have a GREAT impact on whether or not people click on your link in the SERPs. I would suggest making sure that your description does not exceed 145-150 charactors in length and contains the primary keywords that you want the page to rank for (i.e. the keyword phrase(s) from the <title> element of the page).

Canonical, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  6. Brian1970

Brian1970 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Title tag <title> your site title </title> is on page and it’s a very important factor, you can find out more about on page seo and off page seo.

Keywords do still help and won’t do your site any harm as long as you don’t spam them.

Thanks Brian

Brian1970, Apr 9, 2009 IP
  7. technicallyinspired

technicallyinspired Peon

Best Answers:
    I am also new to SERP learning to implement keywords in my blog posts

technicallyinspired, Apr 9, 2009 IP
  8. aunt bessie

aunt bessie Peon

Best Answers:
    META information was once used to communicate information about your web page with the search engines, but since it's so open to manipulation, it's simple to see why Google no longer uses the META tag when ranking pages. But as Canonical points out, it's of importance when it comes to driving traffic to a site. Several engines use the META Description tag to display the text below the clickable blue title in the SERPs; therefore it can influence your potential users clicking through from the search engines. You should try to make the Meta description unique on each page of your website, or at least those you are particularly targeting in your SEO campaign, and include a call-to-action to encourage click through's from the SERPs.

aunt bessie, Apr 9, 2009 IP
  9. rehmanasghar

rehmanasghar Peon

Best Answers:
    Respected sir,
    My name is Rehman Asghar .I live from Pakistan .i have to develop a website . i want to increase the vistor .please do needfull .waiting your reply

rehmanasghar, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  10. cormack2009

cormack2009 Peon

Best Answers:
    keywords meta tags was in fadeout some time ago. Now the keywords comes from:

1.- Backlinks anchor text
    2.- Domain
    3.- Url
    4.- Titles, Alts, etc
    5.- Content

cormack2009, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  11. JasMate

JasMate Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should still use the meta tags, I do. But just don't rely on them, as you say google doesn't use them or at least they lead us to assume they don't, so it's good to have your keywords in your page but not stuffed or you will be flagged as a spammer.

JasMate, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  12. malkhaz

malkhaz Guest

Best Answers:
    I think it really worth to include keywords as far as it does not damage anything with Google, but helps with Yahoo and MSN. So to maximise results, you need Keyword tag.

malkhaz, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  13. devzealot

devzealot Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google does not use them anymore but it is good to have them anyway other se's use them.

devzealot, Apr 17, 2009 IP
  14. TheLab

TheLab Banned

Best Answers:
    Keyword tag is essential in order for Google to improve their ranking based on the keywords, so yes Google does use keywords for rankings

TheLab, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  15. Basti

Basti Active Member

Best Answers:
    -.- keywords onpage, maybe yes. But they dont use meta Keywords anymore. And thats what this topic was about.

Basti, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  16. SEOTherapy

SEOTherapy Banned

Best Answers:
    The description might not play an important role in your search ranking, but you should put up a nice description for each of your sites if it's a static webpage because that's the exact description that will show up when someone come across your listing in the search results.

Get more backlinks to your website and you will rank higher for the terms that you target.

SEOTherapy, Apr 19, 2009 IP