1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Getting started with CB as vendor

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by Scriptona, Apr 6, 2009.

How to get affiliates to promote a product ? Should I only depend on those coming from CB marketplace or there are other ways to get affiliates to promote my product ?

As affiliate, What would encourage you to promote a product ? low grav or high grav approach works better ?

Would you better promote products with high $$/sale or low $$/sale ?

I need some input to get started with CB as a vendor since I always depend on myself on generating sales but I think getting affiliates will save me some efforts and makes me some more money (and some for the affiliates too ;) )

And what do these numbers mean ?

$/sale: $67.89 | Future $: $79.77 | Total $/sale: $70.50 | %/sale: 74.0% | %refd: 59.0% | grav: 19.61

Scriptona, Apr 6, 2009 IP
  2. Ripped

Ripped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You would need a converting product, and most affiliate won't promote anyting that has less than 20$ per sale. So your product should give the affiliate 20$ or more.

Higher gravity is better, the more gravity a product has, it usually means that more affiliates are promoting the product and that it converts well (this isn't always the case, but it usually is.

$/sale: $67.89 | Future $: $79.77 | Total $/sale: $70.50 | %/sale: 74.0% | %refd: 59.0% | grav: 19.61[/QUOTE]

The data above notes the gravity, the comission the affiliate gets and the earnigs from sales and from rebills of the product

Ripped, Apr 6, 2009 IP
    Scriptona likes this.
  3. Scriptona

Scriptona Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If many affiliates are promoting a product, doesn't this mean there is more competition to beat?

What are the tips to follow to get affiliates to promote my product?

Scriptona, Apr 6, 2009 IP
  4. rolf

rolf Active Member

Best Answers:
    Email them. It's as simple as that. Contact prospects individually.

rolf, Apr 6, 2009 IP
  5. Ripped

Ripped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, there is competition for the affiliates, but is also means that the product is profitable. Low gravity on the other hand in most cases (but not all) means that the product is not very profitable.

To get affiliates, create a good product with a nice sales page, give the affiliates a nice 75% commission, post about your product here on DP. There are hundreds of affiliates on Digital point, making a thread in here about your new product is a great way to get affiliates. Also, provide a afiliate resource page, which will be packed with keywords, banners, landing pages and other resources which would help the affiliates promote your product

Ripped, Apr 6, 2009 IP
  6. donny meddly

donny meddly Peon

Best Answers:
    You can always ring them too.

donny meddly, Apr 7, 2009 IP
  7. Scriptona

Scriptona Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Are there any forums that are affiliate focused where advertising my affiliate program would get get me a big team?

Scriptona, Apr 7, 2009 IP
  8. Scriptona

Scriptona Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What is a good value for gravity ? is grav: 134.82 good enough?

Scriptona, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  9. RTR

RTR Peon

Best Answers:
    These forums have plenty of excellent affiliates to spread the word to about your product. And a gravity of 134.82 would be excellent. Gravity is calculated as so: for each person who sells a product in a 2 week period, a value between .1 and 1 is added to that products gravity. So 134.82 would mean atleast 134 people made a sell on your product in the last two weeks if I'm not mistaken. Probably many more than that since it isn't always an even 1 that is added to your gravity, meaning you're making a ton of sales and that means a ton of money. :)

RTR, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  10. Scriptona

Scriptona Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So what does grav 134 mean ?

1- 134 sales in total were generated within past 2 weeks.
    2- 134 sales by affiliates were generated within past 2 weeks.
    3- 134 affiliates made sales within the past 2 weeks.

11. rolf

rolf Active Member

Best Answers:
    Gravity is based on 8 weeks.

Here is an explanation:
    http://whitehatcrew.com/blog/how-clickbanks-gravity-is-calculated/

Don't read too much into gravity because it really doesn't tell you all that much.

134 means at least 134 (but likely more) made at least one sale in the last 8 weeks.

It's so misleading that a gravity of 134 could mean that 150 noobs have sent 500 hits each and only made one sale and there are just 10 regular affiliates.

That's why I say don't read too much into it.

Dude I would concentrate on making the product first and worrying about recruiting affiliates later. If you want to know about the entire process, you can check out my WSO: http://www.easyproductblueprint.com

rolf, Apr 14, 2009 IP
    Scriptona likes this.
  12. RTR

RTR Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the clarification, rolf. I didn't know it was 8, I was sure I read gravity was based on 2 weeks somewhere. Sorry. But yes, 134 gravity means ATLEAST 134 individual people made a sell in the last 8 weeks.

RTR, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  13. grayth

grayth Peon

Best Answers:
    Once your product is made and up and running just use Google search strings as your friend..Do a run down through the clickbank marketplace and look up every competiting clickbank product in that niche...

Use yahoo explorer to find all their backlinks and start looking for their affiliates and contact them, with a proposal..

Other good searches to use in google is to strip off the front part of the hoplink to find affiliates that do not use php cloaking..

for example "4idiots.hop.clickbank.net" will bring you that portion or anyone promoting fatloss4idiots and find affiliate that way..assuming of course your related niche was weightloss

ie

grayth, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  14. Scriptona

Scriptona Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have just finished reading this. Wonderful ebook :)

15. rolf

rolf Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey I'm glad you like it. When I checked my email I recognised the domain name in your email address but couldn't quite remember where I'd seen it. :)

I'll probably be launching it on Clickbank soon. Any questions you have, just send me an email/PM.

rolf, Apr 14, 2009 IP