1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Move to Ligher web server ?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by *Mayank*, Apr 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I dont know if the server is using apache or not. And if it is using apache, then I think it is time to shift.

More about Nginx can be read here : - http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=253741

How light webserver it is and how it decreases load and increases the speed.

Specially it affects the RAM usage.

The only reason I am suggesting it is that for a long time I havent been able to browse DP also nicely. I browse somehow and close the page. Due to massive slowness I experience.

This could be due to Ram issue and if we are using apache, Apache eats the server Ram, since I own an active community myself, NOT big like DP, ofcourse duh:rolleyes:
    So I used 4GB ram on a 2.6X8 processor, and Apache ate it all, it would swap my ram, after shifting to Nginx, I experienced 1-1.5GB ram free now :eek:

So well, you can see benchmark test results here : - http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1476587&postcount=19

You see it processes 10 times more HTTP requests at 10 times lesser time.

I myself added this to my server and experienced the fastness. I know sounds ridiculus to try to offer server suggestions to DP owner, but if I would not have experience SUPER slowness since months, or a year, I dont know, I am hardly here, I can hardly browse or post due to massive slowness.

I love the community and I think it is about time that it should get fixed, so atleast many of us who love to visit DP often can do it without problems
    Common, there was not a single day that I would not visit DP, and nowadays I plan to come here someday and praying that it works better for atleast 2 mins so I finish my work and close.

If I think of lets go browse DP, Im like noo lets visit tomorrow, right now I am not in mood of waiting minutes to load a single page :rolleyes:

Reporting a spammer who spams my inbox is also so slow that spammer might get banned till the time i report

Anyway, I really am looking forward to FIXED DP :)
    Its been ages that I browsed without getting frustrated

*Mayank*, Apr 14, 2009 IP
    Cameljourney and kanwarjot like this.
  2. kanwarjot

kanwarjot Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I may not know much about server administration but this post clearly shows how DP can be a bit fast :) I hope mods will listen to this advice and thus our surfing would be a bit better

kanwarjot, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  3. *Mayank*

*Mayank* Notable Member

Best Answers:
    We dont know what we are using right now, I am not a geek that I can find out. But Nginx is purely a Magic!!
    Thanks to TECK to tell us about it :D

And I 100% agree to him that the way he said, even if someone pays him huge, he wont ever go back to apache after he has run Nginx on his server. We know when we use it, amazing russian software!!!!!

*Mayank*, Apr 14, 2009 IP
    Smyrl likes this.
  4. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    The Master of the Puniverse, AKA Shawn, is handles site and server admin.

Smyrl, Apr 14, 2009 IP
    *Mayank* and terminator69 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.