1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Site Name Using Keywords

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by ealvin, Jul 14, 2006.

I use sub-domains for my Adsense sites. One relatively new site is Tires.MainDomain.com, and for some unknown reason I even get a little bit of MSN traffic on it (odd, isn't it...any ideas why?).

I think I might be wiser using a modifier with the main site theme, such as CheapTires.MainDomain.com or maybe an even more specific modifier ReallyCheapTires.MainDomain.com).

In your expert opinion, for max long-term Adsense revenue and the biggest organic SE success, which keyword approach would you recommend for my site names, and if using a modifier, how would I know which to choose for a sites name?

Thanks in advance for your expert opinion.

ealvin, Jul 14, 2006 IP
  2. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    What keyword phrase gets searched more really cheap tires or cheap tires?

Just a guess but I think it would be cheap tires but double check this using a keyword checker.

cormac, Jul 14, 2006 IP
  3. ealvin

ealvin Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks Tauren, I appreciate your help.

I just made up the ReallyCheap and I'm sure you're right about that having fewer searches.

Let me clarify the question. I guess the first part is should I go broad or targeted in the sub-domain name selection?

Second, what criteria should one use when selecting the name of a site? My guess is that highest number of searched isn't always (or maybe even ever) going to be the best choice.

Apparently, the site name has some impact on search results. That name can be really broad (tires) or more targeted (BFGoodrichTires), or even more targeted (UsedBFGoodrichTires). For a small player without massive resources, how can I determine which of umpteen gazillion keywords or keyword phrases that are available will offer me the best results? Is it better to go broad, targeted or micro targeted?

I hope this clarifies everything.

ealvin, Jul 14, 2006 IP
  4. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    Tauren :confused: :confused: who's that? lol.

I would try and go targetted take this for an example.

If you had the doman car-tires.com you could then branch into sections like used.car-tires.com, cheap.car-tires.com and even Goodrich.car-tires.com

Now for each sub domain you really need to build up good content so its not spammy or basically crap. If you look at the sub domain option you could really have something that is successfull.

Take a look at http://slashdot.org and click on each subject listed under 'section' on the left hand side - see they method they use for subdomains?

You could also scrap the idea of sub domains and have a domain name for each topic you want to target, in other words go micro targeted on each domain.

cormac, Jul 14, 2006 IP