1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why is it always "CHEAP ARTICLE WRITER"

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by phyza, Apr 13, 2009.

Hello people,
    I want to ask a general question .. 80% threads i see in content creation section starts with "WTH CHEAP ARTICLE WRITER" ... Why do they always ask for cheap writers but not for quality writers?? Why is dp market getting so much down? I myself got a team of 60+ article writers and 75% of them are native English Speakers and i am working with different clients and on different platforms with good rates and seriously speaking i have not done any work on dp yet but soon start my services but i am scared that i have to provide cheap services too ...
    I want to ask you guys a question:
    To buyers: Do you prefer your article written cheap or quality wise good? What you think is fair rate of writing an article of 500 words?
    To writers: Do you think providing cheap work leads to more work? OR providing less work with high quality and good rates is good?

I hope to get valid and point to point answers from you guys :)
    Thanks for your replies in advance
    PHYza

phyza, Apr 13, 2009 IP
  2. jenny1985

jenny1985 Peon

Best Answers:
    its the same in all services on DP.
    I see CHEAP seo services

Cheap is no good, its quality people should want

jenny1985, Apr 13, 2009 IP
  3. Sid_who

Sid_who Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is how it would work in DP: Post a thread that article writer is available for 10$ per article. No one would bother to check it how and t will be buried among some of the thousand other threads here in DP. Next, post a thread that writer is available at 3$ per article, comments and PM start rushing in(few review copies are even possible)

Same thing, if you want articles. Looking to pay 10$ per article, be prepared for your inbox flood. If you are interested to pay 2$ per articles, you might be lucky to get some PM's but in reply you will only get one thing: "Bid is too low and writers should be respected !"

Thus, 'cheap' article writer and 'costly' article buyer is all that is seen in DP. Sad but true !

Sid_who, Apr 13, 2009 IP
    jenny1985 likes this.
  4. Jericho33

Jericho33 Peon

Best Answers:
    The other problem is all of these cheap writers tend to be foreigners with horrible English writing skills. Why people buy that garbage is beyond me. I've bought a few and ended up rewriting the whole articles.

Jericho33, Apr 13, 2009 IP
  5. jwerano

jwerano Member

Best Answers:
    I think what most people want is affordable quality. I only know myself but I think people want to collect a mass of cheap offers in the hopes of finding the diamond in the rough. Sometimes I managed to find it. Other times I kidded myself into thinking I had it and ended up regretting my decision.

jwerano, Apr 13, 2009 IP
  6. bobbyt

bobbyt Active Member

Best Answers:
    Talking from the viewpoint of a writer here.

Certainly, if you market your content at cheaper price, it will lead to more work. More not only in the sense of earnings, there is literally more for us to write!

However, my preference will be to charge more and write high quality articles for my clients, the kind of quality that shouts "satisfaction guaranteed". I am sure most decent writers would prefer to go this route but we cannot always get what we want, can we now?

The only way I think is possible for me to break away from this undervalued market is to build a name/brand for myself and venture into areas which are being overlooked right now. I am not a materialistic robot who wants maximum profits each month, who would write anything that I could get clients to fork out money for. I'd rather have a decent $300-$400 per month with 1-2 hours work each day, that would be the perfect settings, i.e. optimum workload for writer, excellent article quality, decent income for writer, happy writer and happy clients who would come back for more and even help you promote your service by words of mouth.

Ah, enough of imagining, getting back to work now :)

bobbyt, Apr 13, 2009 IP
    phyza likes this.
  7. cd928

cd928 Peon

Best Answers:
    Cheap work does lead to more work, but not necessarily fulfilling work nor well-paying ones. Let them compete on price until everyone of them drops out of the race they couldn't win. ;)

cd928, Apr 13, 2009 IP
    phyza likes this.
  8. kashifpervez455

kashifpervez455 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Asalam u Alikum .....

Kiya Haal Hain Phyza

Well The Reason Why Articles Sell For Less Price Is That Most Of The DP Articles Sellers Used To Rewrite Articles From PLR Articles ..... They Are Good Writers And Can Write Articles On Various Niches ..... And They Make These Articles Unique And Copyscape Passed ...... So The Requirement Of Buyer Is Completed And What Buyer Will Get Is 100% Unique In Sense Of Google .......

Thats The Main Reason Why Articles Are Sold For Less !!!!!

If Anyone Write Articles From Scratch Must Charge 10 $ - 30$ Depending On Niche

Phyza I Know Some Places Where You Can Get Per Article 30$ - 50 $ But Then Your Article Should Be Written From Scratch

If You Need Any Help PM Me And M Also From Karachi :)

kashifpervez455, Apr 13, 2009 IP
    phyza likes this.
  9. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    The truly decent writers here generally don't advertise themselves in that way, and they don't need to. They're not attempting to compete with $3 per article writers (and rightly so).

Better question: Why are there so many "writers" on DP who couldn't actually write their way out of a box?

Answer: A) Many buyers here aren't native English speakers, so they don't know awful quality when they see it--they trust that a writer claiming to know English actually does. B) Many buyers here don't really give a rat's furry little ass about quality--they want keyword-stuffed garbage that will appall readers and drive them to click on ads as the only exit strategy on-site. C) Some buyers are also just naive--they truly believe they're getting a bargain, and don't understand how much of that "unique" content is really a legal gamble on their part, as it's often rewritten material which is copyright infringement without the owner's permission.

As long as those types of buyers exist, so will the "cheap article writers" you speak of. Fortunately, there are also a lot of clients here who do understand the value of working with decent writers and who are happy to pay professional rates for professional services. You just won't find the majority of them by advertising in BST.

jhmattern, Apr 13, 2009 IP
    phyza likes this.
  10. phyza

phyza Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks to all of you guys for such valid and detailed answers ..
    Kashif i myself work on different platforms with good rates and i mentioned it in my first post too.
    I am still looking for more answers and i think so this thread will help people getting valid answers for such questions too :)
    Edit: Thanks a lot jhmattern for replying in such a great way.. I really like your answer and agree to it too .. That is why i said i never got a chance to work on dp yet as an article writer and i am planning to start it soon but still the same problem as i don't or can't work for cheap because my writers don't work for cheap at all..
    Thanks
    PHYza

phyza, Apr 13, 2009 IP
    m_v_s likes this.
  11. p4t

p4t Active Member

Best Answers:
    I prefer quality over quantity. I am also prepared to pay more if you can wow-me. I'd like to see sample and if I think you have good potential, I'll negotiate a higher rate so you can find extra time to research, restructure, proof-read and also for provision for revision.

So, essentially, I agree with Jwerano. I am also shopping to see if I can find diamond in the rough.

p4t, Apr 13, 2009 IP
  12. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'll answer with questions.

Why does it matter what someone does or doesn't do in an ad here?

And why do you feel the "requirement" to advertise like someone else?

If you're selling a house and some other guy in the city throws in a free BBQ grill and his wife, does that mean you'd have to do the same even though your houses are different and in different locations?

marketjunction, Apr 13, 2009 IP
    phyza and Will.Spencer like this.
  13. stilloutthere

stilloutthere Peon

Best Answers:
    This is way off topic, but kashifperz455, can you explain why you capitalize every word? I see this occaisionally, and would really like to know why people do it. Surely they don't teach you to write that way in Pakistani schools?

stilloutthere, Apr 13, 2009 IP
  14. kashifpervez455

kashifpervez455 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hahahaha !!!

Well I Used To Write In Capitialize Manner In Forums And While Chatting !!!

Pakistani Schools Teach According To English Grammers And Laws

And I Follow Laws In Universities And General :)

kashifpervez455, Apr 13, 2009 IP
  15. phyza

phyza Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't need to do the same thing but when there are so many buyers looking for cheap article writers and most buyers don't even know what a good article is ....
    I am not going to follow the cheap rates but i am scared that i will not get any work if i do this so you tell me what you think is fair and quality rate of 500 words article?
    There are different chatting and writing styles in internet World and this has nothing to do with Pakistani schools or education ...
    Why you put a space after full stop or comma as its not taught in any grammar yet?? Surely they don't teach you to write that way in your country's schools :)
    I have no problem with it btw lol but chatting and writing style while using forum or other platforms has nothing to do with education and grammar :)
    Thanks
    PHYza

phyza, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  16. m_v_s

m_v_s Active Member

Best Answers:
    I too am really furious over the mad rush of cheap writers on the DP.
    The serious buyers also tend to lose faith in abilities of the good writers as they very skeptical even in the way they talk...
    Also there are very few buyers who actually are looking to buy quality, most of them are looking for just search engine food. I totally agree with jhmattern.

m_v_s, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  17. LbR

LbR Banned

Best Answers:
    Hah, I guess it's not only being implemented only on Content Creation section but most of the BST. I thought to start stupid Submission thingy but moved backward as demand of lame "Cheap Services" 1$ for 10,000 Link submissions buh? you kidding or what. This has ruined all the business of Professional Webmasters who own several workers. I invested my money on a good place and it's better then cheapy thingy services.

Obviously Cheap & Quality have difference. I tried to sell my hosting up with Quality Webhosting (No one looked at that, rather then 1$ Hosting had more replies that has a uptime of 10%. Same goes with Content Creation.

LbR, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  18. LbR

LbR Banned

Best Answers:
    Let me correct you up. That's Punctuation.

LbR, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  19. cormack2009

cormack2009 Peon

Best Answers:

Because most people buying in DP are very small companies or mainly individuals.
    Hiring a team of professional writers is something that most small site owners can't afford.
    AND (this is the central part of the answer) small website owners NEED to compite and survive in the internet marketing, so they need content but can't afford nothing more than "cheap".

cormack2009, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  20. cormack2009

cormack2009 Peon

Best Answers:
    Did you realise that the same price is USD is not the same for a people that lives in London or a people living in India, Malasya, etc?

I mean, the same amount of USD has a very different purchase parity.

cormack2009, Apr 14, 2009 IP