1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

One link to rule then all

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by inet, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Argento

Argento Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for sharing this method, i will try it, but i think that it is only relevant if there are keywords in the profille related to your home url.

Argento, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  2. waxman1000

waxman1000 Peon

Best Answers:
    there are many of them. BBC.co.uk, cnn.com are good. So good luck in your link exchange with them!

waxman1000, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  3. inet

inet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The keyword in the profile has to be related to your site, this is the whole objective! :D

inet, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  4. inet

inet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the post. Just to clarify that is not 'link exchange', it is one way solution.

inet, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  5. inet

inet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just to let you know that I went with a coder from the UK who has been doing some facebook marketing for me and he will do the backlink over 6 weeks for $100. I think that is a damn good price and for a coder to work from the UK is a bonus since understanding culture is an important factor of marketing.

inet, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  6. inet

inet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    inet, Apr 12, 2009 IP
  7. mechanix

mechanix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    +Rep you for this. Ive been working at a similar solution involving Squidoo lenses and do-follow blogs for quite some time now and the results have been brilliant. One of the best ways of building backlinks in the current day scenario is to have a sister Web 2.0 property for your site, build up backlinks to you and ensure that the Web 2.0 property links up only to your site. The Web 2.0 property can be a Squidoo lens, a blogspot, typepad, livejournal and so on..The possibilities of varying up your organic links through this is endless. You can set up more than one sister blog and you can even build up sister web2.0 properties of sister blogs themselves. A small bit of bookmarking coupled with a few do-follow backlinks is enough to set up the entire system in place.

mechanix, Apr 12, 2009 IP
  8. inet

inet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Absolutely! You will control those pages and determine what goes on there or not. Imagine the power of having 150+ of these pages all pumped up with PR, they will sit on their own IP and be independent.

Any new site or page you create you can control the flow of the link to these and we fast on the way to indexing and climbing up the SERPs. The important factor is to have a strategy that you plan and execute decisively, before you know it you will have 1000s of pages that you can use as an arsenal.

inet, Apr 12, 2009 IP
    Oranges likes this.
  9. Samun

Samun Peon

Best Answers:
    Now, this sounds very interesting... I have to try this out, I'll get back to report on the results. (Hopefully meaning my PR went up ;)

Samun, Apr 13, 2009 IP
  10. inet

inet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Please understand that this is not about PR but about climbing up the SERPs for your 'keyword'

inet, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  11. inet

inet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just an update for the Google profile link:

If you head over to the Google profile page you can claim a vanity URL for your Google Profile. This is available to all Google Accounts that don’t use a Gmail address. If you have a Gmail account then your email address becomes the vanity url i.e.

If you are able to setup a profile with a gmail account that is a keyword that you use for your site or a longtail which is more likely to be available then there is a good chance to go undetected with Google. Using it with a none gmail account will be suspicious and could get the profile banned.

Here is the profile I created, pretty simple and needs some update.
    I initially set u gmail account with the user name , the rest of the information was legitimate i.e name. Since the profile URL is created from the gmail account there is no need to be spammy anywhere else. Although my main keyword does not include the word 'review' I am confident that google will take into consideration the separate keywords

http://www.google.com/profiles/joomla.templates.review

Will create some backlinks and then feedback

inet, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  12. Samun

Samun Peon

Best Answers:
    I stand corrected! :eek:

Samun, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  13. 4chp

4chp Peon

Best Answers:
    I own an few video sites and my main two rank #1 for multiple KW's and the YT vids start to show anywhere from 2'nd - 5th.

Granted I don't have the pretty little video image beside my link though ;)

4chp, Apr 16, 2009 IP