1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can you still earn decent money with eBooks

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Emathia, Apr 10, 2009.

Hello,

Recently I created 2 eBooks on what I believe are good popular topics and was wondering if you guys could give me some tips on how to market and sell the eBoook?

Just some general tips and ideas on how to market it would be great.

Thanks guys,
    Nick

Emathia, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  2. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    set them up on clickbank or CJ...create nice presell landing page, start your long dredful advertsing campain, write articles and submit to directories, forums, blogs, etc...then expect your work to end up in huge PLR packages sold here on DP...

dscurlock, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  3. teenwolf41

teenwolf41 Peon

Best Answers:
    While I'm sure the topics are useful, everyone can essentially get the same information online for free. What are the eBooks about?

teenwolf41, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  4. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    if that was the case, then there would be no real reason to sell
    digital products at all....since you just said they can be
    gotten online for free...

I do see a lot of people on DP posting content in the
    free section that they have no rights too...more then
    likely they have no morals in life either, but it happens.

dscurlock, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  5. LordXenu

LordXenu Active Member

Best Answers:
    you can make decent money selling ebooks, just don't expect to do it here on dp. a whole lot of freebie hunting leeches and newbs without a penny to their name hanging around here...

you'll have an initial surge of interest where dozens and dozens of people contact you for a review copy, you'll think that you have a good interest and buzz for your product, then it comes time to sell some copies and no. it's followed by a steep drop in interest once the free copies are given out, which is then followed up by yet more requests for freebies and every sob story & plead for pity you can imagine being pm'd to your inbox in hopes of bleeding you dry of another free copy...

do what dscurlock said and get yourself setup to accept affiliates somewhere like clickbank. they will generate actual buying customers for you.

LordXenu, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  6. ewikk055

ewikk055 Peon

Best Answers:
    dude above me is 100% right, check out what I did just to build a rep. here, 30+ copies given out, and people are really ridiculous enough to not leave any feedback, thanks comments, or itrader....it's kinda sad...

ewikk055, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  7. LaFonda

LaFonda Member

Best Answers:
    I think it can be hard to sell them - at least here at DP. Two guys above me have right. Ppls trying to sell the same ideas, methodes and info over and over again. I think it discourage some "smart" ppls to buy another eBook with the same stuff... unless they'll get it for free.

LaFonda, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  8. LordXenu

LordXenu Active Member

Best Answers:
    the real burner is all the stupid recycled blackhat ideas (most of which are played out or overdone) being repackaged & resold over and over and over again offering ridiculous daily or monthly earnings with zero effort or investment in. stupid people buy into these dreams, and get burnt, then after that they just don't know what is legit and what isn't anymore. i guess it's their problem if they're too dumb to keep from being blinded by offers of huge earnings being sold for $10 a piece, but then it turns around and bites other people in the ass who might be sharing useful information. even if you're offering a good whitehat, sustainable money making method. they just won't trust you enough to part with their money for it.

i doubt i'll bother writing another ebook with the purpose of selling ever again. i wrote my first recently on a method i have known and used to make money for some time now, and it has hardly been worth the time i have put into it yet. actually, it hasn't been worth it at all. but i had to see for myself. i'm looking at getting setup with clickbank right now myself.

LordXenu, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  9. copper12

copper12 Peon

Best Answers:
    That is worth repeating.

copper12, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  10. Emathia

Emathia Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the tips guys.

dscurlock: What is a huge PLR package?

Emathia, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  11. CJnQA

CJnQA Peon

Best Answers:
    PLR stands for Private Label Rights. These would be the rights conveyed to the buyer to do just about anything he wants with the product, from rewriting it, renaming it, breaking it up into articles, etc. A huge PLR package would be many, many products with PLR rights attached to them

Have you thought about building a mailing list by giving away your eBook (or one of the PLR products, even)? I know it doesn't make money up front, but it will bring you customers in the long run who will see other things you have to offer at your website. **shameless promotion warning*** Check my sig. The Naked Giveaway starts soon! It would be a fantastic way to build a mailing list!

P.S. I'm so jazzed about this particular giveaway, I'll even volunteer my services to you to set up your giveaway, if you would like to become a contributor there! That goes for anyone else, too. The Giveaway starts May 1st, so we have time! But if you want me to help, you gotta hurry!

P.P.S. One very nice thing about these giveaways is that the product you give away will of course have your links in it. If you give RESALE RIGHTS (NOT PLR) to the folks who get your free gift, they can sell it. That away, your name, your links and your products are out there for the world to see!

CJnQA, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  12. hughmandy

hughmandy Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes its dangereous to sell ebook on dp anymore. Before you know it, your buyer is selling to another person for half the price just to gain back the money they paid you. Eventually, all of the newbs have a copy of your eBook for free. Even though you can make a couple of hundred in the first day selling on DP, ask yourself if thats what you want.

Create a professional eBook where clickbank will accecpt and you'll see serious affiliate and buyers interested in your product. For once you can get away from all those "do you still have review copies? I can write a good and honest one for you".

hughmandy, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  13. riezea

riezea Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for info,,

riezea, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  14. LordXenu

LordXenu Active Member

Best Answers:
    I got a pm today asking if I would trade my ebook, in return I was given a list of 30-40 threads from the buy & sell to choose from. LIKE I'M GONNA GIVE MY EBOOK TO SOME BROKE NEWB WHO JUST ADMITTED TO TRADING EBOOKS FROM THE BUY AND SELL. I can see how it works already. Broke newb manages a handful of free review copies, and keeps trading his way up. There's a good reason these freebie hunters are broke and stay broke. I see now that putting your product in their hands is a dangerous thing to do if you plan on making sales. I highly doubt I will be selling here again...

LordXenu, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  15. Kinkyjoe

Kinkyjoe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can set them up on paydotcom or clickbank and let the affiliates do the job :) or you can sell them on forums

Kinkyjoe, Apr 12, 2009 IP
  16. momonari

momonari Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not to be racist, because I'm not, but this board attracts a lot of foreign people outside of Europe and North America. Most of them are normal people but a lot are poor people who would do anything for a buck. So yeah, DP isn't a good place for anything that can be abused by freebie leeches. If your ebook is expensive, it will probably be copied anyway but not nearly as much.

momonari, Apr 12, 2009 IP
  17. LaFonda

LaFonda Member

Best Answers:
    True. Ppls may be naive BUT after some burnt by those scam-books they staring to be very careful and squeamish.

Writing an e-book is kind of one time earn. When you sell something once or twice it will be soon available at many forums, blogs and file share services for free.

Honestly I'm not surprised that they do so. If they are n00bs and can't recognize scums around they can easy lost their money buying well known methodes posted for free elsewhere in network. Ppls here in 99% selling crap grabbed from BHW and other places. Everyday the same methodes, the same e-books - just other sellers and other titles of threads. I know it from my own experience because I made few trades and some boughts. For ex. I got two times methode: "make a new thread at DP that you are selling some great e-book how make $xxxxx with no effort, seel it cheap because DP members are so naive to buy all, when they'll pay you send them this report". Guess how ppls who paid by such report (that they were dumbed) feels like? And what if they bought the same report few times the same week?

And I always though that people from middle east are rich because of oil... :D

LaFonda, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  18. mcpeak4521

mcpeak4521 Peon

Best Answers:
    yes you can..if you advertise your ebook properly..

mcpeak4521, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  19. copper12

copper12 Peon

Best Answers:
    That's it, right there. 'nuff said.

copper12, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  20. kshocka

kshocka Peon

Best Answers:
    Sad but true! :(

kshocka, Apr 17, 2009 IP