1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blogging motivation

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by mattonline, Apr 6, 2009.

Does anybody like me find it difficult to get motivated to write a blog? I can't tell you how many times i've created a blog and just wrote a few posts and left it there :eek: i know some of the obvious reasons why you would write a blog;

Make money
    Build up a userbase - to promote products to
    Discuss about things you enjoy

But i'm finding it really tough to get going! :eek: I enjoy making websites, making a little bit of money online, but im finding it very difficult to write posts that people may be interested in for my blog!

How do you get motivated (I'm struggling for blog posts for my sig blog) so if you have any tips / requests i will be grateful!

mattonline, Apr 6, 2009 IP
  2. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The reasons are there, but that may not neccessarily motivate you.

I have a blog that I barely wrote on and not many even read anything, but I started a different blog for business and I worked to make sure it would come up on a search and now it is much easier to write because I know someone is reading it and that it is helping the site rank for specific search terms.

debunked, Apr 6, 2009 IP
  3. speel00

speel00 Active Member

Best Answers:
    For me I have times that I really get excited and come up with tons of ideas, and then I get a dry spell. I find it helps if you have a niche that you love. It also helps to look at sites much like yours, and you might find a topic via them.

Good luck

speel00, Apr 6, 2009 IP
  4. mcdwgbiz

mcdwgbiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In my personal opinion I think the main motivation to start a blog should be the love of writing, readers should be secondary and money should be third. Otherwise frustration is bound to happen. If I start a blog and expect to have money in a short time, I will be frustrated because that will not happen to most people. If I expect to have a lot of reaeers that will not happen either. Everything should be a gradual process and depending on the efforts taken by the individual it could be a few months or a lot of months to start building a good base of readers, monetizing might take evn longer I think.

My two cents

Ruben

mcdwgbiz, Apr 6, 2009 IP
  5. mattonline

mattonline Active Member

Best Answers:
    I hear all your comments, and i think my main motivational let downs are the writing, i know i'll have readers due to my forum being up and getting a few peoples on there daily, and its not the money, as i've had my forum up for 2 years and not put any ads on it, so i love the niche im in, just hate the boring writing about it :O

mattonline, Apr 6, 2009 IP
  6. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Then it is possible that you are blogging about the wrong thing. Just because you like something doesn't mean you want to talk about it everyday. A lot of people confuse what the like, for a passion. You should blog a passion.
    We all like Internet Marketing, and Blogging, but I couldn't write about it everyday. No Way.

Maybe you should change the format of your posts and content, do some interviews, spotlight some success stories, feature some businesses...start thinking outside of the daily boring posts from your mind, and start including the minds of other people and what they are doing.

You can't blog in a vacuum and expect not to get bored.

hmansfield, Apr 6, 2009 IP
  7. Civin

Civin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Might I suggest starting a blog with someone else? That way you'll have someone to work with on it which could make it more entertaining for you. Also you said you enjoy making websites. Perhaps that would be a good area to focus on writing on? A blog on web development and design? Just throwing a few ideas out there for you.

Civin, Apr 6, 2009 IP
  8. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Blogging isn't for everyone. Anymore than any other pursuit in life. If you don't like doing it you won't keep doing it. Find something you like.

It's a great big beautiful world out there just the other side of the door.

internetmarketingiq, Apr 6, 2009 IP
  9. Pandemix

Pandemix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've had a lot of motivation posts at my blog and I honestly think that you will find something useful. Of course, take the advice above seriously: Blogging isn't for everyone. You might need to find something that you like better.

I wouldn't post those if I honestly didn't think they could help you with your problem. Let me know. ;)

Pandemix, Apr 6, 2009 IP
  10. danzell

danzell Active Member

Best Answers:
    Write about things you love and do everyday, or maybe things you are willing to explore. Write to share, not for money or visitor.

danzell, Apr 7, 2009 IP
  11. StudentLife

StudentLife Peon

Best Answers:
    Motivation for blogging can be difficult. I just do it for fun in my spare time, and post when I feel like I want to. If I'm thinking about something, sometimes it is easier to post about it as I figure it out/research it for myself and then I can share it with others.

StudentLife, Apr 7, 2009 IP
  12. GuardianAngel

GuardianAngel Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think the best motivation factor is when you have a specific and attainable target, and you're eventually reaching it. Some of these may include:

Make $20 from Google Adsense for the first month.
    Increase monthly subscribers by 30.
    Increase back link daily by 15.

If you don't have any measurable target, how will you improve?

GuardianAngel, Apr 7, 2009 IP
  13. Ginyu

Ginyu Guest

Best Answers:
    If you are not motivated to go and write a post, you have probably chosen the wrong topic. I took time for me to realize that what I love to do and choosing to write about it does not equal blogging success.

I guess this article: How to Choose a Topic for Your Blog will help you a lot in choosing your topic.

Ginyu, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  14. srikanth.akella

srikanth.akella Peon

Best Answers:
    it would be great if users write interesting topic in detail... so that it motivates other users to comment on their blog.

It is secondary that promoting products / earning money is blogging... Driving users to a specific blog is important which you can do it only by posting genuine content...

srikanth.akella, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  15. Ikki

Ikki Peon

Best Answers:
    Easiest way to get motivated is writing about stuff you enjoy. Writing for money will lead you nowhere pretty fast, man.

Find the right niche for you and things should get easier.

Ikki, Apr 13, 2009 IP
  16. aneel90

aneel90 Banned

Best Answers:
    Set a particular time to blog when you are mostly free... It works for me!
    Also make a note of a new idea you'd like to post as soon as you get it and you could post it later. This helps you look forward to posting

aneel90, Apr 13, 2009 IP
  17. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    That's not necessarily true. You should make your content your first priority, how else will you drive traffic to make sales....but I never subscribed to the noble concept of blogging just for the thrill of providing information.

A blog platform is merely the software used to convey your message, or design your web page. It is not a "lifestyle".

If this is the method that you chose to put up a website, it should be treated like a business from day one.
    No one opend up a coffee shop, just to have a place for people to hang out.

Now I do agree, that picking your niche based on high paying keywords is most times a failure waiting to happen...I don't set up blogs or any web page just for the fun of it....I want to make money writing about what I love and there is nothing wrong with that.

Usually if you didn't think it through, or are in a niche that you don't have any experience or knowledge in (first time out), you will hit a writers block real quick, and lose interest in it.
    Look how many people jumped on the DayTrading bandwagon in the 90's, because they thought it was an easy way to make money while working at home. Many of those people failed,and lost their savings because they had no idea what they were doing.

This is a lot cheaper to get going, but the basic principles still apply. A blog is only as good as the person running it. Not the keyword, not the design, not the platform.

A business is only as good as it's CEO, and as we see from current events, even the biggest salaries and bonuses can't make a person good at their job.

hmansfield, Apr 13, 2009 IP
  18. SamMlambo

SamMlambo Member

Best Answers:
    Write about subjects you're passionate about. Work on that blog until you're getting the results you want. If you're passionate about the topic you're writing about it makes it easy to be motivated!

SamMlambo, Apr 13, 2009 IP
  19. .black.white.

.black.white. Guest

Best Answers:
    You should write about topics that you're interested in, not just to make money out of it.

.black.white., Apr 13, 2009 IP
  20. mdamin76

mdamin76 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You may need to think that someone out there is eager to read your latest posting. So, get the job done and give the best content for them.

mdamin76, Apr 13, 2009 IP